Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-15, 11:32 AM  
Sissy B

LoveVA - I keep my general purpose cleaners under the sink in my kitchen, but I keep the bathroom cleaners in the bathroom.

For my granite, I use the Method's Daily Granite to wipe my countertops down.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 11:50 AM  
donnamp

I keep cleansers everywhere in my house - it actually helps me to stay on top of things - so each bathroom has cleanser in it, and the kitchen has cleanser in it. It does help me to be able to do a quick clean up on the go.

I think it was FlyLady that suggested it!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 12:27 PM  
iheartsts

I had a new bathroom put in upstairs this summer with a fiberglass shower. For those of you with fiberglass showers, how do you keep it clean and what cleaners do you use?

According to the directions, I used a car wax on it initially, then I've been wiping it dry after each shower, along with the glass door. Just got a chamois to use for this, and was previously just using paper towels or other towels.... but was wondering about your upkeep rituals. (The squeegie tip upthread is genius. May have to try that on the door)

The directions slso said to use Soft Scrub Gel. I'm paranoid about scratching the fiberglass. What other cleaners do you use?

Love this thread.
Old 01-06-15, 12:33 PM  
sherry7899

Denise-did you get it done by Bathfitters? They gave us a whole list of safe cleaning products to use.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 12:46 PM  
iheartsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Denise-did you get it done by Bathfitters? They gave us a whole list of safe cleaning products to use.
No, by a private contractor.

How satisfied were you with Bathfitter? I have another bath that I'm thinking of getting re-furbished by them or someone else.
Old 01-06-15, 12:51 PM  
sherry7899

We were very happy with them . They have a lifetime warranty. When a sliding shower door came off track a few years after we had it installed they came right out and fixed it for free. They are not cheap though! I do not know how the price compares with a private contractor. We had two showers done and both have held up well.

Old 01-06-15, 12:58 PM  
katmom

I also used Bathfitter for my bathroom remodel and have been satisfied.

Here is a link to their approved cleaners:

http://www.bathfitter.com/installati...intenance.aspx
Old 01-06-15, 01:00 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks Katmom! I am on my kindle so I could not post a link.

Old 01-06-15, 01:29 PM  
iheartsts

Thanks for the link, katmom! Thanks also to you and Sherry for your opinions on Bathfitter. I may check them out for one of my next home remodel projects...unfortunately, I'm not sure anyone out there is cheap these days...
Old 01-06-15, 01:49 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
ETA: What is the best cleanser to use for nightly/quick wipedown of granite countertops in the kitchen? Just hot soapy water?
I wouldn't use soapy water. I would use either just hot water and a microfiber cloth, or I use a mix of 1/3 rubbing alcohol, 2/3 water and a few drops of lavender oil in a spray bottle + microfiber cloth. Or you can use a granite cleaner or non-ammonia surface cleaner such as Glass Plus.

I use the alcohol spray daily and the granite cleaner approx 1x/wk. Mainly because the alcohol spray is cheap and also works well on stainless appliances. Microfiber cloth will prevent leaving streaks and makes polished granite nice & shiny.

For granite cleaners the Method spray already mentioned is nice (really like the smell). Weiman's Granite Cleaner is also good (I buy at Bed Bath & Beyond w/a coupon). And if you want polished granite to really shine, use Weiman's Granite Polish every so often (comes in the same bottle as the cleaner but different label, also at BB&B). Really, all of the granite specific cleaners I have tried work well.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
housecleaning, household chores