Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-09, 03:52 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Has anyone tried Nekea Brown's &/or Pam Cosmi's Absolute Beginners workouts?

I really like both of these instructors, & although I wish they had done some more advanced workouts, I am still interested in these 2 beginner workouts. Has anyone done them? I am thinking that Nekea's step is slow enough for a
10" step--or the Bosu, as someone suggested in an earlier thread discussing these 2 (at that time, upcoming) releases.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 04:51 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I thought I'd ask once more--has anyone tried these workouts? I know there's one review at Collage on Pam's. It seems they like Pam (which I do too), but they didn't like the workout too much, it was too beginnerish in intensity. I might still try that one, as it uses tubing, but I wanted to see if there were more opinions on it.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 06:03 AM  
antbuko

Jennifer, funny you should ask this because I just did the dance section of Nekea's this morning. I was thinking these might go up for trade but I actually really, really liked it. I think Nekea is an excellent instructor. I don't have much of an attention span for anything remotely complex or dancy, yet I always want dancy workouts. Go figure. So I thought something billed as beginner would be right up my alley. The dance and the step are a half hour each. It's been several weeks since I tried the step workout but I do remember that for both, the music is very muted. Yes, I think the step workout is slow enough to try on a BOSU, but I haven't tried it that way myself. That's a good suggestion. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow. I tried Pam's several weeks ago but bailed on it within minutes. I don't even remember why, specifically, but I became impatient with it right away. I'll definitely try it again at some point because just because I was impatient the first time doesn't mean it's a horrible workout or that I won't like it next time. I bought it for the tubing too. Thought it would be a nice change of pace. I don't know when I'll get around to doing it again because I'm doing Slim Series right now, but if I get to it I'll definitely post my impressions. I just took another look at the clip of Pam's on Totalfitnessdvds.com and it does look fun.

Tags
absolute beginners, nekea brown, pam cosmi, slower step workouts