Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-24, 08:27 PM  
Imlosingit!
VF Supporter

Thinking about The Melt Method

I'm thinking about buying some stuff, book, dvd, foam roller, hand and foot kit, etc. associated with The Melt Method. I'm experiencing issues with shoulders and neck, and limited range of motion with upper body. Anyone try this program and what are your thoughts? Or is there another program that would help?
Imlosingit! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-24, 11:38 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Not yet, but I’m seriously considering (re)acquiring a rebounder. Looking for one that’s mostly assembled because my aging hands rebel at having to put something together and one that won’t break the bank. Suggestions, links, etc. are most welcome!
I love my bellicon. Rebounding is about all I have been doing lately. I have been intrigued with the I Jump Instead twins and some of the results I've read about those that follow their program. This is not usually my cup of tea but I'm finding myself obsessed and am seriously considering adding a Cellerciser. Anyone, feel free to talk me off the ledge .

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-24, 11:43 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlosingit! View Post
I'm thinking about buying some stuff, book, dvd, foam roller, hand and foot kit, etc. associated with The Melt Method. I'm experiencing issues with shoulders and neck, and limited range of motion with upper body. Anyone try this program and what are your thoughts? Or is there another program that would help?
I have that Melt Method kit, but honestly have not used it much. Sue's instruction doesn't click with me. I find that I prefer Jill Miller for this type of work:
Tune Up Fitness
I love the ball work.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
Old 01-13-24, 12:03 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlosingit! View Post
You might consider asking in the General Discussion. You could get more replies.

I have almost all of the Melt Method DVDs and gear. (I even took a class with Sue at a fitness convention a million years ago.)

It think it is good system. But, it is soooo boring. I dread the routines.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-24, 12:07 PM  
red1013

We bought a treadmill (Sole F80) in February.

DH bought me a fitness cart for my birthday in October to hold all my Firm gadgets, small weights, various balls, ankle weights...

I got Cathe's round yoga mat for Christmas from DH.

I got DD2 30 and 35 pound dumbbells for Christmas, and of course I use them too.

I have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 for dumbbells, and I use all of them. I think I want some 17.5's...
Old 01-13-24, 02:15 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
I love my bellicon. Rebounding is about all I have been doing lately. I have been intrigued with the I Jump Instead twins and some of the results I've read about those that follow their program. This is not usually my cup of tea but I'm finding myself obsessed and am seriously considering adding a Cellerciser. Anyone, feel free to talk me off the ledge .
This video compares them and talks about how the bounce is different.

Cellercise® & Bellicon®: A Review

I don't have either, but have been researching rebounders to decide which one I want to get.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-24, 11:43 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
This video compares them and talks about how the bounce is different.

Cellercise® & Bellicon®: A Review

I don't have either, but have been researching rebounders to decide which one I want to get.
That is a good review, thanks!

Old 01-14-24, 11:57 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

bought a resistance band that attaches to your hip called the PopSugar Hip Trainer for DH but I might also use it.

on my wishlist:
  • Egg Weights
  • Sport Bosu

I need to downsize my general belongings. of the 2 on this list, i'm more likely to get the Egg Weights. For the Sport Bosu, it would replace the regular Bosu, which i've had forever.

This past year, I got a Pilates Pro Chair and a Rock N Roll Stepper, the first at Saver's Thrift Store and the second one from Ebay.

Regarding the Pilates chair, it's in a storage closet in the garage because I'm making room for it in the house. At Mary's sale, I bought Malibu Pilates DVDs that feature the sculpting handles that attach to the Pilates chair.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-24, 12:19 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

My SO picked up a Gold's Gym stationary recumbent bike for me on Facebook Marketplace. I already have a recumbent he got a few years ago.

He also got a weight bench with leg extension and 30 pound dumbbells. He has a shoulder problem and had to drop to 30's to keep doing his workout. His job requires him to be strong.

I'd like to have a leg press or something for glutes. I'm willing to remove the living room furniture to bring in more toys.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-24, 04:01 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
That is a good review, thanks!
You're welcome! You'll have to let us know if you decided to jump off the ledge or not, lol!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment, fitness equipment, fitness gifts, glute drive machines, treadmills