Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-21, 11:58 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
ooo, i wish i could copy you two too! my cat is so skiddish and stand-offish. she's too independent.
I'd welcome some stand-offishness, lol. He jumped up when I was doing planks too! But I think I'm going to sub in another one of him, I'm too self conscious with myself in there!
Old 04-19-21, 03:53 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
LAC, such a cute avatar. I have a similar pic with my orange tabby! I hope you don't mind, but I copied you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
ooo, i wish i could copy you two too! my cat is so skiddish and stand-offish. she's too independent.
I think all VFer's should post avatars of themselves with their kitties! The feisty feline in my avatar is Maggie. This summer it will be 2 years since she crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I miss her terribly, but have lots of good memories (like that picture!)
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 03:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
This summer it will be 2 years since she crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I miss her terribly, but have lots of good memories (like that picture!)
sorry to hear that!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 04:02 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I recently spoke to Jenny's husband about an order issue. We spoke about the set for probably 20 minutes. He told me about some of the filming issues.

I think they weren't always able to get the permits they needed for some states' locations. I can't imagine some of the bureaucracy that they had to deal with.

My favorite so far is Monument Valley in Arizona. I've been there IRL and it is so breathtaking!
I kind of figured there were probably some permit issues at various stops. I have a family member who works in video production (not exercise videos, mostly concerts and sporting events and a few indie films) and he's shared some stories over the years.

I haven't gotten to Arizona yet. I'll have to try that one soon.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 04:21 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I think all VFer's should post avatars of themselves with their kitties! The feisty feline in my avatar is Maggie. This summer it will be 2 years since she crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I miss her terribly, but have lots of good memories (like that picture!)
I'm sorry to hear about Maggie. Our Rajah is another feisty orange tabby. I put the pic of Rajah on my back in my VF Album.
Old 04-19-21, 04:59 PM  
laurajhawk

My set just arrived! I might do one tonight and/or tomorrow after my Lift & Shift workout, because it's cold and nasty here so I won't be walking outside. I got mine from Mary, so no magnets - I wanted a more compact way to keep track of which ones I've done, and just realized I can check them off on the back cover of the case itself. I don't plan to do them in any particular order but I know I'll want to know which ones I have tried!

ETA: My avatar is my long-gone cat Pocket. He always enjoyed doing yoga with me. Now my workout buddy is Fifi -- with Lift & Shift I've finally found the program we can "do together", because the modifier is Jessica's pup Peanut, who just sleeps on the mat the whole time.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy

Last edited by laurajhawk; 04-19-21 at 05:01 PM. Reason: cat
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 05:26 PM  
laurajhawk

Thought I'd drop in here and report on my impressions. I've done Alabama and Alaska so far (starting alphabetical, don't promise to continue that way ). These are a bit more strenuous and sweaty than I expected, and I like that; I like the bursts with a little impact. What I *don't* like is the "forward & back" that she does so, so much of. I realized after a few minutes of the first one that that was stressing my hip flexors, so I subbed for laps around my workout space, and sometimes for 4 steps forward/4 in place/4 back/4 in place (took the quick direction change out of it). Then on the second try, I jumped on my rebounder instead of some of the forward & backs. I enjoyed the workouts done this way.

Alabama was in front of a battleship, which was interesting for a few minutes, but nothing changed (there were people on the ship but they were distant & tiny). I liked Alaska better - a lake, mountains, and sunshine. Now that I see (upthread) that Arizona has beautiful scenery, I expect I'll do it next.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 07:09 PM  
Gams

Laura - New Mexico is cool, too, with all the hot air balloons in the background.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 08:06 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I've done eleven walks so far going in numerical order. Florida today was on a beach and Jenny had a few exercisers with her! I have to agree that the forward and back motion gets a little too repetitive. The Florida one had a lot of hamstring curls and that bothers my hip flexors more than just walking forward and back, but I'm still enjoying the beautiful scenery and Jenny's cheerful personality. I thought I would have done more walks by now, but have had to not do them so frequently.

I loved the idea of doing them in the order they became a state!

My next one on tap is my home state of Rhode Island, so looking forward to that very much!

I lived in Arizona but never made it up to Monument Valley, so can't wait to view that one!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 06:18 PM  
cin777

It looks like her Roku app (Freedom Fit) is now defunct
cin777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jenny ford, mindless workouts, outdoor settings, outdoor workouts, walk across america, walking workouts