Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-21, 02:30 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i read an article last week about a woman who was a covid survivor and recently got 2 of the recommended vaccine shots. she said her lingering symptoms from covid seemed to have disappeared - coughing, fatigue, etc. a doctor who was also interviewed said it's unclear whether it was the placebo effect or if the vaccine is a cure for the symptoms. further review is needed before that can be claimed.
A friend of mine was a COVID long-hauler and after getting the second vaccine dose they report feeling basically normal again for the first time in months!
Old 03-29-21, 02:51 PM  
Erica H.

@amoodygirl I'm so sorry about your cousin.

I have also read about people who were still having after-effects of covid infection doing better after being vaccinated. That's really amazing. And I also read that, in general, women have more severe reactions to the vaccines than men do.

Thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences! It's so interesting to see all the different reactions.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 03:04 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
A friend of mine was a COVID long-hauler and after getting the second vaccine dose they report feeling basically normal again for the first time in months!
That's amazing and such great news!
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 08:04 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
I thought I had gotten away unscathed, but then I went to bed. I guess that arm was sore. I couldn't sleep on it all night. And I woke up at 4:00 with a headache that wore me down the next day.
I hope you feel better! The "usual" side effects aren't supposed to start for 12 to 24 hours after the shot according to what I was told, other than the most severe reaction (which is why they have you wait 15-30 minutes after the shot, at least in my area)

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 09:53 PM  
bfit

Yes, that's right. If you are going to have a severe allergic reaction it happens within minutes, but the other side effects take at least several hours to develop and last for a day or two. My side effects appeared suddenly about 10 hours after getting my shot and the worst was over by 24 hours after the shot.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 05:31 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
@amoodygirl I'm so sorry about your cousin.
Thank you, Erica.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 07:38 AM  
CabCalloway

About to get #2 Moderna @9:45am EDT. If it will hit me it will do so late in the afternoon, so I will probably go back to work. I'm such a trooper
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 09:37 AM  
Erica H.

My oldest son got J&J yesterday at noon and started feeling bad around 7pm. Chills/aches/fever all night and this morning. Definitely skipped the gym. I'll check on him later.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 09:38 AM  
Carol K

My husband got his first dose of the Pfizer on Friday. Just had a sore arm like I did.
Old 04-05-21, 10:24 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
My oldest son got J&J yesterday at noon and started feeling bad around 7pm. Chills/aches/fever all night and this morning. Definitely skipped the gym. I'll check on him later.

Erica
I have to say in am complete awe that your vaccine rollout is going so well that your son is eligible to get a vaccine. We are still at the stage where it is our grandparents / parents getting the vaccine. They just opened up for 70-74 last week where I live. Cases are going up at a huge rate, and there have been outbreaks at various warehouses & factories. We just entered another shutdown a couple of days ago.

Hope your son is feeling a bit better!

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccinations, vaccines