Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-21, 12:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, horusosiris, I'm sorry you are in an everything funk! It's so hard not to be these days! Hopefully we can cheer you..... and..... yes, if you want to join us in our "mostly" sugar free February endeavor, that would be great (and might help with our funk? Once we get past detox! ). I'm thinking we should take it off line -- to email probably. If you pm me the email address you'd like me to use, I'll start a group email.

I felt very out of place in Nashville, to be honest, but I was in junior high, and I think I probably would have felt out of place anywhere at that age!! But, kids made fun of my "accent" and I didn't quite fit in, really. That said, I went back a few years ago to check out Vanderbilt for my son and I can see why so many people are moving there! Funny thing.... I asked the guy at the hotel front desk if we could walk somewhere where we were going one evening. He told us "well you can, but it's a hill!" Mind you we lived in San Francisco for years..... my son and I both looked out the window in the direction we'd be walking and were completely stumped! We did walk, and it was not very hilly.

I didn't even know Rowling had a new book out. I love her Cormorant Strike books! Oh my gosh! I just now see that she has a fifth book in that series! I'm so excited!!! Though at the moment I currently have three books going, so perhaps I should not add another!!

Oh, I did not make the connection that you teach subjects related to horusosiris. Doh! Ah, that's so clever. Love it.

Ok, I'm going on and on here.... sorry..... my slog-fest this morning -- not much of one. Partly because I just..... can't these days. I thought I would have a mini, but it turned out to be even more mini than I planned. I started with Low Max -- done until the first blast as a warm up. Then had planned Epic Day 3 which is 40 minutes of ab exercises! But about halfway through my internet cut out, so I did more like 20 minutes. It's back now obviously, but I got in the mindset of cleaning, so I'm doing that. I have been making very slight slow progress in that area of my life and it does make me happy.

I hope everyone can carve out a little bit of happiness today!!!
Old 01-31-21, 08:22 PM  
Mickey12

horusosiris I bought JK Rowling’s Ickabog for my 90 year old step mom at Christmas time. She loves all things Harry Potter and really got a kick out of the new book. She said she couldn’t put it down.

I took it easy today and did a 30 minute essentrics toning workout. I had plans for something more vigorous earlier in the day but I ended up watching a bunch of Lost episodes. I’m part way through season 2. It’s so refreshing that a season has 24 episodes. Not like so many shows with only 13 episodes per season.

I think it was Manley who mentioned Christie Taylor for this coming Fun Friday. I made some recommendations to ChelePA from the YouTube workouts Christie has online.

We’re supposed to get a lot of snow tomorrow into Tuesday. ChelePA I really hope your mom can still get her vaccine. That’s just the worst luck. If you believe channel 16, we’re not supposed to get that much. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-01-21, 01:28 PM  
ChelePA

So today was my first day of Cathe Live. When hubby signed me up, he did the free seven day trial for on demand and live. I’m going to need to switch that since I only want live. Also, not every workout is available for the free trial. I’ve been spending lots of time clearing the snow today—So I just wanted to do a quick routine. When I chose something less than 35 minutes, Boxing Hiit Express was the first one to pop up. Sounded perfect. It’s one of the more recent ones with Cathe on her own. Really liked the mix of cardio blasts with upper body moves. I wouldn’t call it a Hiit workout. But it was definitely fun and fast with no dread factor. Light weights or weighted gloves would kick the intensity up some since it’s only a 32 minute workout.

Winston loves to bury his face in the snow. Cracks me up. The worst is yet to come. So far we probably got around 6 inches or so. Here’s my crazy snow dog.

Stay safe if in the path of the storm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E56A16A7-BA81-48C4-AA7F-C2B67150A931.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	4737  
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 07:25 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

It's Monday, Watulans! Rabbit Rabbit!!!!!

Let's see, yesterday was Cathe's Intensity followed by a walk outside with the husband. Today was Mess 3, Week 4 Chest and Back, and I'm sure I don't need to explain how glad I was when it was over! And also, Cathe says at the end to take another recovery week next week after this week is over! That made me so happy because I feel like I need one badly! Not that I need anyone to tell me what I can and can't do, but I know FN2 and I were feeling like a recovery week was a good idea and there, she said it! FN2, JUST. TWO. TO. GO!!!!

Bee, I love your no-sugar idea but immediately my head went to where Manleym's did....my red wine!!!! HAH HAH HAH!!! I love that I'm in good company with this group. I too have found my peeps!!

Kim, dang it, now I'm interested in Ilaria's workouts which I never have been before. Dang it!!

FOLV and Manleym, DOH...thank you for the Vols explanation!! See, into sports I'm not, hah! Is it obvious or what! And I have family in Nashville though I've never been.

Horusosiris, I'm so sorry to hear of the funk!! It will pass soon, like all things. Hugs to you!!!

ChelePA, that precious pup!!! You and Kim stay warm, sheesh on the major snow!!

Gotta run, shortish post...stay fierce, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 06:37 AM  
lavna

Good morning everyone!

Oh I forgot: Rabbit, rabbit for yesterday!

I won't join you for a no-sugar challenge: I have too much a sweet tooth for that. I limit the sugar I take but a need a little something sweet to tell my brain that the meal is over! I tried a few time but didn't stick with it!

Kim and Chele: We,re expecting a snowstrom today as well. 20-35 cm of snow. The wosrt should be during the night. I'm so glad I work at home these days. Thankfully, tomorrow is a day where my kids have also on-line classes so they won't need to get out.

FN1 and FN2: Last week ladies!

Have a great day all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 01:14 PM  
Mickey12

Just a quick pop in to say yesterday was shovel max and today is shovel max. The snow came in two storms, yesterday we got about 10 inches and today we got about the same. I only have to shovel around the house - sidewalk, porch, deck, bird feeders, etc. I use the snow blower for the driveway. My husband went to work both days so it's nice for him to come home to a cleaned out driveway.

They closed my office yesterday and today so I'm working from home. UGG. I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't like working from home. I feel so much better in the office. Tomorrow I will be there.

ChelePA
I love the photo of Winston! Thanks for posting it. Yesterday Finley was very intrigued by the noises I was making while shoveling off the deck. He was watching me very intently from inside the warm house.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 02-02-21, 04:49 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans and yes, I forgot "rabbit, rabbit"!! I feel for all of you getting dumped in snow! Except maybe Winston because he seems to love it. Hope you are all safe and maybe even snuggling in.

kittybug, I have really grown to love Ilaria's workouts, but that's very recent for me. I've had them for years and never really liked them much. This is exactly why I find it hard to part with workouts.... because it seems like eventually I love them all! It is very repetitive and as I've said "zen like". If that intrigues you at all, try one, but if that sounds boring to you, you should skip it. Not sure that helps, but there you go....

Day 1 of "no sugar" went pretty well for me and is it any coincidence that I slept much better last night?! Day 2 has been tougher. It's a friend's birthday so I made a berry trifle that we'll drop off later. It was a huge recipe so we will have some of it here. Sheesh, day two! But I'm determined to at least cut back because that slippery slope has gotten really treacherous for me since the holidays!!

Two for Tuesday was one Caroline, one yoga. I decided to do her Day 5 of the beginner EPIC -- so just a half hour but even that was pretty brutal. 40 seconds of work followed immediately by 20 seconds of burpees and then a 30 second rest. Even with that long rest I was huffing and puffing the whole workout! I do like that she makes the moves easier in the last bit of the workout -- at least I find them easier. I can sense the end is coming. I followed that with an Inner Dimension half hour that on youtube. The instructor is Brittany and it's called "Power Yoga" (I think it must be part of that series) but the workout itself is "Go With the Gentle Flow". I was worried about the "power" part but in the end it was way more gentle than I was looking for.

Kim, I used to have a hard time working from home, too, so you're not entirely alone.

Ok, be safe everyone! And be fierce!!
Old 02-02-21, 07:04 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Tuesday, Watulans!

Today I needed a 'take it easy Tuesday' so I pulled out Party Rockin' Step 2, which I haven't done since my Achilles tendinitis flare last year. Fun without feeling like my lungs are gonna disown me! Just what I needed. I'm so ready for a recovery week next week!

UG, ChelePA, Kim, Nathalie, you snow peeps, I feel for you and hope you are indeed hunkering down and snuggling in, as Bee said!

Bee, you said it perfectly on why it's hard to get rid of workouts. And the zen thing does actually intrigue me. Maybe Mary's next sale....hmmmm.....

Hope you're all doing well. Stay fierce, Watulans!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 07:12 PM  
ChelePA

Bee... so hard to make delicious desserts and not taste them. Like I said in my email, my daughter wants me to make my chocolate covered strawberries. It will be very difficult not to lick the spoon tomorrow. Ha ha. And Caroline’s beginner is definitely more intermediate advanced for me on some of the moves. Good for you for completing it. My Two for Tuesday included shoveling 20 inches of snow like Kim. My husband was working so I was in charge of snow removal. I decided I would do a quick workout from Cathe Live. Talk about huffing and puffing… I should’ve known what to expect when it was titled Crossfire Express. It was only 36 minutes but hard to catch my breath on a few of the Hiit circuits. I think she gave less than a 10 second rest on some of the moves. Thank goodness she ended with lower body strength work that she alternated with cardio intervals. I had to laugh because I think she called it the beginning of a cool down. My heart rate was still up in the last section.

Kittybug and cataddict you’re officially in the countdown. Can’t wait to celebrate with you! And I love PRS #2!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 08:03 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends!

Ugh on all of you getting snow! Just saw on the news that New York has something like 17 inches! Crazy! Hope you are all tucked in, safe and dry.

We will definately be celebrating FN1 and FN2 completion of STS soon! And it's Cataddict's birthday on the 4th, so we'll be celebrating her!

Metabolic Monday was Cathe Live #154 Metabolic Meltdown. It was a GREAT metabolic workout! Perfect for a Monday.

TwoFer Tuesday, or really Triple Tuesday, was Five Parks Yoga Morning Sunshine Yoga Class. I felt really good for a nice stretch and was very thorough practice. Nice variety of moves. Nice controlled pace. Then this afternoon I did Heather Robertson’s Killer No Repeat HIIT Workout (No Equipment) workout. It was good, but not Cathe HiiT. But who really is? I had a little more gas left in the tank so I followed it up with growingannanas Intense No Repeat 12 Minute - Tabata Mix - No Equipment Workout, which was a GREAT add-on. There's no warm up or stretch so I will probably only use it as an add-on.

So I noticed in both workouts was alot of plank work, or variations of plank moves, which I don't really consider HiiT or Tabata. Bicycle moves were also in both workouts, which were fine. But I guess I'm trying to say that these workouts were not all HiiT/Tabata moves. Other lower intensity/impact moves were included.

Good luck to all of you doing the sugar challenge! That would be VERY hard to have to cook a yummy dessert and not be able to lick the spoon or eat any extras. Ya'll are tough! I'm sure I have that much discipline.

Hugs and waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in