Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-04-21, 11:25 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oh you guys! So much sadness all around. I am SO SORRY for all the chaos that is happening. Like my hubby said when our riding lawn mower broke...when it rains, it pours! But we WILL all get through our trials! Life is still good..challenges met with grace and strength!

Funeral for stepkids' mom is Wed. I'm going but hubby is not. Long story but they did not divorce amicably, and the kids don't get along with their dad. But I will support them as we are close.

Wicked good workouts this week!! I finished out with Tony Horton's One on One Diamond Delts (just felt like working my shoulders) and then Workout #1 from Mark Lauren's EFX. All bodyweight and really excellent.

It's HOT as heck here in MN - supposed to get to near 99 today in my part of the state!! So much for the frozen northland!

I wish each and every one of you a wonderful weekend. Stay fierce, love each other, say prayers for the needy. (in a philosophical mood today I guess).

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 04:01 PM  
manleym

Hi everyone! Quick check in before we pull out for Florida early tomorrow morning.

Cataddict I'm so sorry for the loss of one of your furbabies. I know that is so hard and you are grieving. Pets are part of the family and this was so sudden and unexpected. Big hugs to you friend.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live #77 Blast, Barre & Bands and REALLY liked it because it was different than most other workouts. I loved the combo of high impact cardio and barre/band. Nice for a change of pace. Today I did Cathe Live #347 Back At It! Bootcamp, which was a great workout. It was fun since it was her 1st Live with others since COVID & 5 weeks after her eye surgery. Glad to have her and the crew back. Then in honor of ChelePA) I did Kat Gates-Buettner Basic Step Aerobics Workout #10. Fun & Sweaty! and it was FUN! Loved every minute of it! I tagged it as one I'd do again.

Hugs and waves everyone! I know some of us are going through some really hard things right now so prayers and hugs are with all of you!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 07:40 PM  
Mickey12

Have a GREAT vacation Manley!!! . I hope it’s relaxing and fun and restorative. Enjoy every minute!
I was very happy to see that Cathe was back doing the Live classes with a group and after clearance from her eye doctor. It really made me feel good. , glad you enjoyed the classes.

I did a fun Friday workout for ChelePA which was Christie Taylor’s Stepping Zone. I was going to do a Kat step, but Christie really is my most fun. My only wish for this one was that the music was louder. It’s entirely too low but the choreography is really easy to grasp even after not doing the workout for years.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay well my Watulan friends.
Old 06-04-21, 07:40 PM  
lavna

Hello everyone!

Cataddict: I'm sorry for the loss of Big Orange. Hugs

ChelePA: I'm thinking of you and hope everything gets better soon. Thanks Mr. ChelePA for the update.

Kate: I'm sorry for the loss of your stepkids mom. They're lucky to have you to support them.

Kittybug, Bee: I hope everything eases up soon.

Yesterday, I did Live 212 Fit legs. A tough one! By the end, my legs felt like jelly! Our friend, the crazy-smiling woman was in that workout. And she was smiling A LOT! So much, that I was wondering whether she has cramps in her cheeks at the end on the workout!

We're having a heat wave here as well. Lots of humidity!

Hugs to all of you, especially those who are going through hard times
Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 09:10 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all. Yes, lots of sad news. I'm grateful to get the update from Mr. Chele because I have really been wondering about those surgeries. Thankfully, Chele was indeed very tough before all this, but she's going to be even more fierce coming out of it. Sending her a big warm hug.

Cataddict, I'm so sorry about Big Orange -- how shocking and awful. Our Hobbes seems to have run out of his many lives, finally, too. I'm very sad about it. I wonder if the fourth dog we took in was just too much for him or what. We don't know what happened.... he's just gone. But I know your fur babies are your kids and I just want to wrap you up in my arms right now and give you a hug. I'm sorry about the rotation! I did start March, but then when Cathe finally published June I saw that and it looked more interesting to me. I'm sorry!

Kate, sorry to hear about the kids' step mom. Nice that you got along with her and will support them at the funeral.

manleym, thanks for the yoga notes. I want to try some of those. Kate, I've been eating my words that I said to you about doing a little yoga each day. Yes, I do some yoga "poses" that are really just stretches. I know it's very beneficial for me, but not the same as an actual yoga practice! When I did some yoga session last week I could really feel that I've not been doing it and I thought of you.

Oh, thanks to everyone who chimed in on the chiropractor issue -- Vantreesta, thanks for your thoughts -- sounds like it's been very good for you. Don't be shy!! Kim, sorry to hear you had a bad experience!

kittybug, phew, thank goodness you had a clever installer and it all worked out. Must be great to be getting that stuff done!!

Linda, thanks for looking at the bright side of things. So true -- life brings us waves of good and bad. Tomorrow is another day.

lavna, you seem to be consistently steady with things. That is great.

Today I did Ramped Upper plus the bonus hiit from To the Max. Yesterday I was meant to do Rev'd Up Rumble but had to take our neighbor friend for a cancer treatment, so all I had time for was a walk.

manleym, I hope you guys have a great time in Florida!

Waves to horusosiris and Garrie.
Old 06-05-21, 10:07 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh Bee, I'm so sorry to hear about Hobbes too. Hugs to you!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 06:06 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

It's Sunday, Watulans....how is everyone doing?

I had to take a bit of a break last week, though I managed to get in the Afterburn bonus burn premix. Good lord, it never ends....we have a house water filter due to extremely hard water and it's apparently corroded shut, so now the filter which is overdue to change can't be swapped out. Our plumber plans to saw it out and install a new one when it arrives hopefully this week. Fun. Are we having fun yet?? NO.

Anywho, Saturday I did a practice from Brent on Inner Dimension called Rock Steady and WHOA that was challenging but I simply love him and his straightforward style and excellent pointers. Bee, Kim, any other ID subscribers, have you tried his practices?

And today I was in the mood for something different so I pulled out Leah's Ballet Body and did the Upper and Lower DVDs. Friends, I used to do these pretty regularly back in 2019 and haven't done them since then and holy moly they do NOT get any easier! Hands down, hardest 'barre' workouts ever (for me). That upper body workout is no joke! I feel compelled to add in more of these types of workouts into my rotation, at least for a while. I needs a change!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and you're all hanging in there! Stay fierce, my friends!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 07:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

kittybug sorry about the water filter issue

cataddict I previewed Circuit blast and just wasn't feeling it.

So taking a page from kittybug's book I attempted a new to me Barre 3 workout and only lasted 10 minutes. The entire workout is supposed to be close to an hour but it has chapters and I only made it through the yoga and core chapter. Blechhh, my inability to make it through a Barre workout continues
So then I turned to an Ellen workout and it fit the bill. I'll do a CS later.

Hope you all have a happy Sunday evening.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 08:20 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi guys,

Gonna catch up, at least some, first with the workouts.

I'm still doing the March rotation, and it's okay that others are doing June! I'll probably do June after I finish with March.

Friday before Memorial Day I did All Out Low Impact HiiT and added on Kat's Groovy step workout for Chele. I really, really like Kat's music mixes, but she does need to rename this one---I could only identify 2 songs from the 60s and they definitely weren't "groovy," lots of 70s disco and have mercy, she even threw in a Madonna song which was from the 80s. But still, I love what she did with the songs that she chose. Saturday I subbed a scrambled premix of Pyramid Pump Lower Body for Stacked Sets Lower Body since I had just done that in the previous rotation. Sunday I did Circuit Blast, Monday was a rest day.

I started Week 2 of the rotation on Tuesday by subbing in Live #53 Super Cuts with Cardio Blasts. Good workout! Wednesday I did Kick Punch and Crunch but not the abs portion since that would make it way too long for the time I had. Thursday I did Pyramid Upper Body starting with the abs section as there is no way I could have done those inverted pikes on the ball after all that arm work! Friday I did HiiT 30/30 and added a Kat 30 minute intermediate step for Chele. Yesterday I did Pyramid Lower Body. I had forgotten how fast it moves so it was hard to switch the weights between sets, even with the fast release clips on the barbell. I had to pause several times and finally sped up the reps so I would have a few extra seconds to change the plates. It didn't seem as tough as I recall, possibly because as I've mentioned before, Cathe's unweighted bar was 8 pounds lighter than mine! Today I subbed the newest Cathe Live #347 Back At It Bootcamp for ICE Boot Camp Circuit. It was fun, and good to see many familiar faces in the workout.

Hope I don't get the 503 error! More on next post.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-21, 08:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey!

kittybug, sorry about the water filter! Honestly it sounds like things at our house -- we seem to have everything break at the same time, usually..... and it used to always happen right before we were going to have house guests!! These days it just seems like things are in general disrepair. It's just too much for us to take good care of. I yelled at hubby this morning about moving away without him because I'm so tired of him not realizing we cannot keep up with it anymore! He's so dug in here and won't see that we shouldn't be here. I'm sure that part is not your situation -- rant off. Sorry!

Oh yeah, those Leah workouts are tough!! Especially the upper body one, as I recall. I have not tried any of those ID Brent workouts, but you make me want to! I meant to do yoga today but started with my outdoor chores while it was plenty cool. It stayed cool and I kept working and I just got too tired to face anything else. I'm seriously starting to think I need to cut back on workouts and have ChoreMax be a bigger part of my life. Not fun, but perhaps necessary. I didn't even get to the piano yet today.....

Linda, sounds like barre is not your thing!! I think I was not wild about Barre 3 when I tried it, but I have definitely had times when I stuck with barre workouts for a while. I guess the longest was when I did the Bar Method in person at a studio -- (with Burr herself and sometimes Carl, her ex). I'm not sure there's any videos that I've loved enough to stick with a long time. When the dogs were puppies, I subscribed to Pilates by Lisa (sort of like barre, maybe?) because I could do it in my closet or bathroom and not disturb them in the morning. I stuck with that for a while. Seems like Cathe is what I have stuck with best over the years -- no surprise. The Firm comes in second.

Thinking about all of you what you're going through -- hopefully better, calmer times ahead. Big hugs out to all of you......

Tags
watulan check-in