Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-18, 04:11 PM  
ncl

RWH or Strong and Sweaty?

I am thinking of getting one of these series with Cathe's 25 off this month. Which would your recommend and why?
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 04:40 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

My opinion:
RWH has lots of high impact
S+S has lots of weight work

My choice is S+S since I don't do high impact anymore. I only kept the weight work in RWH (3 day split).
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 05:38 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I really like S & S - the weight work is great and there are good premixes. PHA Training is one of my favorites and Ramped Up Upper Body is pretty darn good too. On the cardio workout, there's a premix that includes modifications done by Cathe, which is helpful.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 10:29 AM  
ncl

I may do a month of streaming to try out. I feel like I am overloaded with weight workouts but may not want all the jumping of RWH unless it is easily modifiable. Maybe this is why I didn't preorder these to begin with!
Old 04-07-18, 11:37 AM  
Tugger31

I don't know if it's on sale, but I'm enjoying Fit Split alot!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 07:39 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bumping!

I don't have either set, but I'm feeling kind of tempted with the $25 off as well.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 08:55 PM  
bjones

I love ripped with hit weight workouts(3) and circuits(2) just modifying the moves to low impact. The low impact cardios(2) are great too. I do the plyo hit 2 (step) as a low impact for a nice 25 min steady state step drill type workout. The only one I don't do is plyo hit one which is all high impact. I think if you ask on the Cathe forum you'd find most people prefer Ripped to the SAS ones, if they could only have one series.
However, I do love SAS cardio slam, it is really fantastic-my fave cardio workout of all time. I also love Ramped up UB because it really delivers in 45 minutes without sacrificing the heavy weight effect. PHA is really boring because its so repetitive. Giant sets has no rest between any exercise so I can't lift any weight to speak of with it. Not really sure what the point of that workout is. Bootcamp is ok if you like that type of workout, which I really don't.
Of course, everyone has different tastes but this is my take on it.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-18, 02:00 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Thanks for your thoughts Bjones! It is helpful.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-18, 03:08 PM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones View Post
I love ripped with hit weight workouts(3) and circuits(2) just modifying the moves to low impact. The low impact cardios(2) are great too. I do the plyo hit 2 (step) as a low impact for a nice 25 min steady state step drill type workout. The only one I don't do is plyo hit one which is all high impact. I think if you ask on the Cathe forum you'd find most people prefer Ripped to the SAS ones, if they could only have one series.
However, I do love SAS cardio slam, it is really fantastic-my fave cardio workout of all time. I also love Ramped up UB because it really delivers in 45 minutes without sacrificing the heavy weight effect. PHA is really boring because its so repetitive. Giant sets has no rest between any exercise so I can't lift any weight to speak of with it. Not really sure what the point of that workout is. Bootcamp is ok if you like that type of workout, which I really don't.
Of course, everyone has different tastes but this is my take on it.

Just what I wanted to know. I think I might got for these ad modify down to low impact when needed. Thanks!
Old 04-08-18, 05:38 PM  
poohpeggy

The prices are so good I would get both! You will not be sorry.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote