Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-18, 04:48 PM  
rhbrand

Little things that keep you from buying

So here I am, on another tab, on Total Fitness DVD and Collage Video looking at some new dvds. Been a long time since I got new stuff so I'm doing lots of previews.

And I've found there are some things that keep me from buying.

I like more than just the instructor in the workout. I want at least a couple other people to look at. That is one thing that keeps me from getting Tracie Long's new stuff. Its just her and I hate that.

I'm not a fan of cluttered sets. Just something simple and clean.

And of course bad music turns me off. Not a fan of country music, so if I hear that in a preview, I'll not be buying.

What turns you off buying a new workout.
Old 03-04-18, 04:59 PM  
Mickey12

I also don't like just one person to look at. It's odd because when I'm doing the workout I tend only to watch the instructor, but I guess I get bored with it sooner if there isn't more to keep my attention. I like a couple people behind the main instructor. Dark sets will keep me from buying too. I really crave outside settings or bright, colorful settings. I don't mind cluttered sets; I like things to look at.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 05:24 PM  
bubbles76

• Bad music or music that is too low
  • Poor form
  • An instructor or backgrounders that look like they don't want to be there
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 05:32 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I like more than just the instructor in the workout. I want at least a couple other people to look at. That is one thing that keeps me from getting Tracie Long's new stuff. Its just her and I hate that.
Same here. I was really disappointed when Tracie "went solo." I understand backgrounders cost money, but...

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 05:52 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Same here. I was really disappointed when Tracie "went solo." I understand backgrounders cost money, but...
You can't tell me she doesn't have members of her gym who would LOVE to be in a video either for free, or for say a free month at her gym.
Old 03-04-18, 06:05 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
You can't tell me she doesn't have members of her gym who would LOVE to be in a video either for free, or for say a free month at her gym.
Good point, which makes this even more disappointing.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 06:30 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Instructors who don't do the workout. (At least with the one-on-ones, that isn't a problem)

Not knowing basic terms like "low impact"

Frantically fast motions with weights

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 06:54 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I am moderately interested in Tracie's Grand Total but since I have unloaded all but one of her workouts, really without regret thus far it has me thinking I need to pass or hold off for the time being.

I don't particularly care for the new set either, but that is not the main reason for me not buying this. I find it cluttered, drab and just don't care for it. But if the workout is good I can go with it. I am not the biggest fan of the music she uses either, some tunes are good, others meh.

Things that keep me from buying a workout is high impact that is not modifiable, annoying backgrounders, bad music, moves done at breakneck speed, I am sure there are more.

My DVD buying is way down in general, I guess there are not many new DVDs that are calling my name and I have plenty already. The fact that I think long and hard before buying a DVD nowadays has saved me a lot of money.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 09:39 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Ha, funny, the reason that kept me from buying the new Tracie Long's is the cluttered set -- that bugs me. I don't mind solo instructors but I get that you wouldn't want to buy if that bothers you.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 10:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I agree with the solo workouts. I prefer more participants as well, although not necessarily a full class type setting. However, I don't care for hammy backgrounders that appear to be trying to upstage the instructor, so if I see that in a clip I will pass.

I also won't buy if the outfits are too revealing or distracting. I don't want to worry whether a participant or instructor might show more than I wish to see.

Music isn't usually a factor unless it's screeching or country. Not a fan of either.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote