Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-18, 01:59 PM  
poohpeggy

Cathe Fit/Split thoughts?

I have my set but haven't had a chance to try them out. How do you like your set? Are you getting any results. When I previewed when they first came out, the moves looked unique. Do you like the weight loads? Just curious how your liking them. TIA Peggy
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-18, 02:21 PM  
lavna

Hi,
You might find some answers in this thread though I did not see much about results:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ighlight=cathe
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-18, 04:24 PM  
dianestjohn

I did 3 out of the 4 and then gave the whole set away without even previewing the final disc. The entire set seemed disjointed to me; it was not well-cued; the cardio seemed rushed; there was lots of horizontal cardio, burpees and plank variations and lots of gliding disc work, none of which I like in general. I'm holding out for ICE 2.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-18, 05:20 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I've been using it consistently for a month, alternating with a few other workouts in between. It has grown on me, bad cueing and all.

I do the cardio portion twice, then the weight portion.

As far as 'results', I'm never sure exactly what that means, since each of us has different goals. That said, a bit of background: I have been trying to take off a few pounds, and I have found in the past that if I ramp up my workouts too much in an attempt to burn more calories, I end up so hungry I defeat my own efforts to eat more sensibly. I have been pleasantly surprised to find that my method of using this set has not made me hungrier, and I am so far successfully losing weight and also achieving strength and tightening of my muscles.

I do modify a bit, particularly for the gliding on the floor dragging planks. I hate them, to put it simply. Burpees are a pleasure compared to them. I don't think there is too much horizontal cardio, at least not IMHO. The weights I use are comparable to those used by Cathe for the most part, and in order to eliminate constant switching between barbells and dumbbells, I use only dumbbells. I lighten up for the overkill on the shoulder and bicep sections and that works for me.

I may be in the minority, but it's been a good purchase for me and I'm glad I got it.

Hope this helps!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-18, 07:45 AM  
Tugger31

I'm only doing one workout per disc at a time and so far I've done four workouts. I started these after 8 weeks of WS 3 followed by a 2 week period of not working out at all. I had to pause to catch my breath and modify some of the higher impact moves, but so far I'm really enjoying these. I'm not sure if it's because I've missed Cathe or enjoying some more intense workouts again. The music is typical Cathe so far. I haven't noticed any bad cueing in the workouts I've done. I was sore for about 3 days after doing Legs & Glutes and I used light weights and used the gliding discs for only one exercise. If there are more workouts with gliding discs I will likely modify those, but find that easy to do and not a deal breaker for me. I liked Boxing Bootcamp. I did not like that the warm up for Boxing Bootcamp was the same warmup for L&G since it seemed more upper body intensive for a leg day warm up so I did my own. I was like "no way" when right out of the gate with Mixed Impact Cardio she started with burpees. So I modified by using my 4 inch step topper for the burpees instead of going all the way to the floor. I find this easier on my wrists anyways. I've also done Push and liked that, but forgot about the brief leg work at the end. I had to skip that b/c I had done L&G the day before. I'm doing Shred Cardio this morning. So far the only workout I did not like was the Bonus Abs. I have wrist issues and felt that workout was unnecessarily hard on the wrists. I'm not a big fan of ab exercises that also work the arms. If I want to work abs, I want to do abs, period. Overall though I'm enjoying working thru these and enjoying the length. I doubt I will ever do both workouts on each disc back to back. These workouts are fitting in nicely to my 30 minute workout plan and bumping up the intensity a bit more than the WS3 I just did.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 12:33 PM  
poohpeggy

Thank You all so much for the comprehensive replies. I am worried about my wrists, which is holding me back. I will have to weigh the results ( I also eat too, much if workout to hard) vs the wear and tear on wrists.

It hard to have a virgin Cathe series sitting on my shelf. I love her. But, its harder not being able to work out. I find wrists exercises hard to modify. I do hold on to 8lb DB as to keep the wrists aligned.

Thank You again for all the info. I appreciate it!!
Peggy
Old 03-01-18, 01:16 PM  
Shelbygirl

This set has totally grown on me, especially the more I use it. I modify any "wrist unfriendly" moves or any moves that are too high impact for me. Or, I just fast forward here and there and skip a couple exercises.

I haven't tried the abs workout, and after previewing it, I don't think I'll even bother. So, the abs piece is the only miss for me with this set.

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 01:41 PM  
marki64

I'm not that thrilled with it. I really have decided, I don't like discs at all. If I can get them to work, it's ok, but too much positioning involved and rewinding. The weight work is ok, but nothing to rave about. The ab segment is good, if I get the discs right. The cardio isn't anything new and creative. I really rate the cardio at an intermediate level. I have been putting cardio segments together and that gives me a little more of a cardio challenge, but I just don't think this is that great. Not sure why she even included premixes. They don't combine cardio and weight segments which is what I was hoping for.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 02:06 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I don't mind the weight work, but the cardio is so boring and repetitive (and we've literally done the same cardio now for years!) and the music is horrible, so I haven't reached for it much at all. Plus, there's only one that's in the 45 min range, the other three are an hour, so without decent premixes, I'm just really disappointed.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-18, 05:04 PM  
poohpeggy

Well, I'll be darned!! Cathe got me again. I did Fit/Split Cardio Kickboxing then quick put in Fit/Split Shred. I was completely breathless for Shred. I had to pause for #10. That's not normal for me, I usually modify. Shred is a great, great cardio workout. I did not realize the bonus abs were not on the Shred dvd so I will next time do Shred first then the Kickboxing cardio with bonus abs.

I really liked the Fit/Split Kickboxing cardio too. I found the moves really fun. It will make a great add on or give it your all , kind of workout. The Fit/Split Abs IMO are Cathes hardest to date.

I am really surprised there hasn't been more buzz about this series. I have only done the 2 cardio's but holy smokes they are worth the price alone!! Hats off to Cathe for coming up with more challenging workouts!!!

Tags
fit split, fit split reviews