Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-14-17, 04:41 PM  
CarlaVeg

Favorite Protein Shake?

Is this talk ok? I just wanted to know whats our favorite as far as taste, nothing else.... I tried Isagenix IsaLean® PRO Shake and I loved the taste and texture. It did not taste like whey and it wasn't as sweet. I also tasted vanilla and cinnamon. My girlfriend drinks this but it's very expensive. Any suggestions?

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 04:42 PM  
nuttymom

I can't do sucralose, which is what most of them are flavored with so I always have to buy stevia flavored protein powders. My favorite right now is from About Time, chocolate.
nuttymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 04:57 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I can't deal with artificial sweeteners or stevia and they both seem to be in protein drinks so I've given up. I make my own using peanut butter or just plain old chocolate milk. I also buy protein drinks made from fruit juices with protein added. Naked and Bolthouse Farms both make them and I like the flavors.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 05:01 PM  
Titus2woman

Bolthouse Farms tastes amazing!!!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 05:40 PM  
upperwside

I use Vega all in one nutritional shake in chocolate. I take half a cup on frozen spinach and kale.. half a frozen banana .. frozen avocado chunks.. a few strawberries or raspberries or blueberries.. a cup and a half of cashew milk.. some water and a scoop of Vega. It is delicious and all natural. No artificial anything!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 06:29 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I can't deal with artificial sweeteners or stevia and they both seem to be in protein drinks so I've given up. I make my own using peanut butter or just plain old chocolate milk. I also buy protein drinks made from fruit juices with protein added. Naked and Bolthouse Farms both make them and I like the flavors.
I gave them up too. I decided that no matter the content, they were expensive and processed. I do my own with all natural peanut butter, cacao, cashew or coconut milk, and banana and cherries, frozen. For a more tropical taste I us pineapple, peach, mango, and plain Greek yogurt with the liquid. I always add in spinach, too. My bank account and tummy are happier now.
Old 02-14-17, 06:59 PM  
Calistro

Interesting thread.

I have not really used protein shakes before, but would like to try to make my own, but I do not use dairy due to intolerance. Can anyone suggest any websites or books for dairy free protein shakes? I can use nut milks or nut butters etc, but I am not good with flavouring the recipes.

Thanks in advance.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 07:05 PM  
dianestjohn

Jay Robb whey protein - vanilla, chocolate or strawberry. Stevia-sweetened, carefully manufactured, really delicious.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-17, 07:22 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
Interesting thread.

I have not really used protein shakes before, but would like to try to make my own, but I do not use dairy due to intolerance. Can anyone suggest any websites or books for dairy free protein shakes? I can use nut milks or nut butters etc, but I am not good with flavouring the recipes.

Thanks in advance.
Look at barre3. They have recipes for smoothies and never add protein powder or dairy.
Old 02-14-17, 08:02 PM  
LoveVA

Tera's Whey

the Vanilla Bourbon Whey Protein is my favorite
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
protein powder, protein powders, protein shakes, smoothies