Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-17, 02:27 PM  
Scorpio6

VF seems to be calming down

I think it's because of the fact that fewer instructors are releasing DVDs and new DVDs, going instead to streaming, that seems to have had an effect on less activity on VF. I have been on here since about 2008 and it seems to me that there used to be a lot more "buzz" around here. Now it has really tapered off, at least according to my perception.

Has anybody else felt like this lately?
Old 02-03-17, 02:30 PM  
Diana3271

I agree. Also, I used to check Total Fitness (Mary) and Collage daily to see if there was anything new in their Coming Soon areas. Now I check weekly or less since there is rarely anything new coming out. Sad about these changes.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Old 02-03-17, 02:30 PM  
bubbles76

Yep. I agree with you, not much new stuff so not much buzz.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 02-03-17, 04:41 PM  
deineira

This post seems to come up once every 6 months or so. :-) I'm a relatively new member, it's only been a couple of years for me, but it has been less and less active since I joined. Not sure why, but I wasn't here in the heyday.
Old 02-03-17, 04:43 PM  
Dabbadooey

I have noticed that message boards in general are not very active anymore. People have gone to social media.
Old 02-03-17, 04:51 PM  
deineira

I think Dabbadooey hit the nail on the head. I have taken a lot of my fitness chatter online, although in my case it's all very specific...typically a group that is focused on one instructor, versus a more general group about fitness or exercise, but that could just be me.
Old 02-03-17, 04:55 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
I have noticed that message boards in general are not very active anymore. People have gone to social media.
I kinda wish we could have a (general) VF on Facebook.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Old 02-03-17, 05:11 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
I kinda wish we could have a (general) VF on Facebook.
I am happy that we have this board here. I hate Facebook groups. I belong to about 50 of them for various reasons and invariably spend way too much time on FB because of it.

With message boards like this, it's easy to find threads that are pertinent to the topic you're interested in and the search features can't be matched in a FB group.

I spend about 5 minutes a day here on average. More if there's something I've gotten turned on to and I want to read up on past threads. But all in all, it's much more time efficient than FB.
Old 02-03-17, 05:12 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I am happy that we have this board here. I hate Facebook groups. I belong to about 50 of them for various reasons and invariably spend way too much time on FB because of it.

With message boards like this, it's easy to find threads that are pertinent to the topic you're interested in and the search features can't be matched in a FB group.

I spend about 5 minutes a day here on average. More if there's something I've gotten turned on to and I want to read up on past threads. But all in all, it's much more time efficient than FB.
Good points, all.

But if heaven forbid vf.com shut down, I would hope we'd migrate to Facebook.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Old 02-03-17, 05:24 PM  
jessicavi

My habits have changed in the last few years. I've been more preoccupied with YT and finding new workouts to do. I also agree that there is a slowdown in DVD production, especially Kbell DVDs. So, I've had less to talk about. That has led to me coming to VF less frequently. Sacrilege I know, but yeah, things are changing and social media platforms are outperforming message boards now. Case in point, I just signed up for facebook last month after years of resistance. VF is still a place I love to visit and I feel safe/welcome interacting with VFers. I'm not completely comfortable with Facebook yet. Maybe in time I will be. I value my privacy and VF allows me to mark brain that. Thanks Video Fitness.
Closed Thread