Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-16, 07:13 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Pokemon Go app

This is workout-related, because yesterday I power walked a good three and a half miles keeping up with my daughter as she chased virtual monsters. I also had to talk her out of stalking the local VFW at 9:30 at night because she said there is a "gym" there.

This morning, I can relate to these people!
http://gizmodo.com/sore-legs-become-...den-1783402931

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 07:58 AM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
This is workout-related, because yesterday I power walked a good three and a half miles keeping up with my daughter as she chased virtual monsters. I also had to talk her out of stalking the local VFW at 9:30 at night because she said there is a "gym" there.

This morning, I can relate to these people!
http://gizmodo.com/sore-legs-become-...den-1783402931
Please be careful while using this app because unfortunately there are folks targeting people for robbery using it. Not saying you shouldn't enjoy the game, just exercise some caution.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/10/12...eries-missouri

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 09:19 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieb726 View Post
Please be careful while using this app because unfortunately there are folks targeting people for robbery using it. Not saying you shouldn't enjoy the game, just exercise some caution.

Kris
Unbelievable. My kids are hooked on this game - thanks for the warning.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 09:36 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieb726 View Post

Kris
I heard about that, too. Luckily we were among a few million people who didn't get robbed.

You can always count on the media for discouraging going outdoors and exercising, except when they're carping about obesity.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 10:02 AM  
cdayley

I think it's a great thing that an app is actually getting the older video game generation (like my son) to go outside and exercise!!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 11:48 AM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I heard about that, too. Luckily we were among a few million people who didn't get robbed.

You can always count on the media for discouraging going outdoors and exercising, except when they're carping about obesity.
That's awesome and happy to hear this but unfortunately there are crazy people in the world. The focus of the articles that I've read haven't mentioned exercise at all,since so many participate don't use it for that, just for the fun aspect. I'm just saying keep an eye out.

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 12:10 PM  
Cher

I followed my DS around town Saturday looking for Pokemon and racked up about 5,000 extra steps.....and I already h ad my 10,000 for the day prior to that!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 03:49 PM  
Messe

I saw lots of Pokemon GO activity around here over the weekend. Between that and the July Find Waldo event going on downtown, people of all ages were having a great time together on Saturday.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 06:02 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I saw a post on fb about a girl in the UK who got hit and killed by a car while playing. I'm not sure about the validity of it but thought I'd mention it so people can remind their kids to be mindful while crossing the street.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 06:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

my son has been doing this since it launched. thank you for the warning regarding safety.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, apps, pokemon, pokemon go