Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-16, 03:22 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Ice? Hammer/Chisel? Something else?

I haven't bought a dvd set in quite a while. I need the system to NOT be highly aerobic (I do other cardio) and modifiable to intermediate when needed. Which will be often to start. My goal is mostly strength and keeping the joints moving.

Taking suggestions. Thanks!
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-16, 03:36 PM  
horusosiris

BJ Gaddour -MetaShred
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-16, 03:45 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

I didn't mention MetaShred cuz I thought it would be the most advanced of any I've heard about. I'm surprised to hear your suggestion cuz I LOVE BJ!
Old 02-06-16, 04:01 PM  
shoegoddess

Hammer & Chisel is awesome!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-16, 04:31 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Cindy, do you think H&C is highly aerobic? I thought someone said that in a thread.....
Old 02-06-16, 06:43 PM  
marmact

If you are interested in a strength program, Body Beast is awesome. I like ICE a lot but it's really not primarily strength oriented. (I will probably get H/C at some point primarily because I really like Sagi.)
Old 02-07-16, 11:46 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Body Beast is another good idea.

How about this question: Which would be easier to start with, meaning more easily modifiable (or includes mods) - MetaShred or Hammer/Chisel?

I guess you'd need to own both to have that answer. Hope to get a couple opinions though. Thanks!
Old 02-07-16, 03:27 PM  
Chomper

Metashred has a dedicated background modifier in every workout. The modification is to make the move easier, sometimes more back, knee or other joint friendly too.

In my opinion, BJ Gaddour is the best in the fitness DVD business at providing many exercise variation options to modify down and up. It means you never grow out of his sets.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 03:47 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
Metashred has a dedicated background modifier in every workout. The modification is to make the move easier, sometimes more back, knee or other joint friendly too.

In my opinion, BJ Gaddour is the best in the fitness DVD business at providing many exercise variation options to modify down and up. It means you never grow out of his sets.
I agree. I just finished the rotation Friday and I'm going to do it again starting tomorrow. It's definitely metabolic, but as mentioned, he provides modifications --- both up and down. For instance, if there are six 'versions' within a workout, he will have the modifier doing the same one each time. So, sometimes I stayed with the modifier and sometimes I progressed for each movement. I think the set is great for strength -- especially core. Lots of variety. And it's BJ. None better. I'd highly recommend it, Lexy!

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 05:05 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

DONE! I could kiss you guys cuz I really didn't want to buy both sets (right now). You've saved me some money. I've been doing paper workouts for so long I need to get used to "company" again.