Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-12, 06:50 AM  
bethellen

- I have stayed VERY consistant with my workouts. I'm getting in 4 or 5 30-60 min workouts in per week.
- I have cleaned up my diet alot.

- I have been positive with myself and kind to myself. I have been pretty good at not beating myself up if I miss one workout or eat ice cream.

I am very happy with my physical self. I am in good shape.

I've accomlished this during the hardest time in my life.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 07:37 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I am so happy for all of you who've met (or are meeting) your goals - congratulations!!!
I've made some inroads but not enough - like Usia I guess I wasn't overall as serious as I meant to be. Now you've all helped motivate me again. Thanks and keep up the great work!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 07:55 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethellen View Post
- I have stayed VERY consistant with my workouts. I'm getting in 4 or 5 30-60 min workouts in per week.
- I have cleaned up my diet alot.

- I have been positive with myself and kind to myself. I have been pretty good at not beating myself up if I miss one workout or eat ice cream.

I am very happy with my physical self. I am in good shape.

I've accomlished this during the hardest time in my life
That is a HUGE accomplishment!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 08:21 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I am very pleased with my results so far. I work out consistently (5 /6 days per week). I'm staying on track with my diet by logging everything in myfitnesspal. I believe in "everything in moderation", so my diet is somewhat clean during the week with a cheat day on the weekend. I've lost about 9 lbs which puts me 5 lbs from goal.

I started the year with a Skogg/ Leslie rotation. I'm now at the end of a Tapout rotation. I just started running again (after a 1 yr break) and thanks to Tapout, I was still able to run a 5k with a decent time.

There are so many new workout options that I'm looking forward to trying (HC, KB Kickboxing). It's all so exciting......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 08:56 AM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
The results I got so far for the first half of the year were directly proportionate to the effort I've put in thus far. That means zero. I've set high goals for myself, but I was apparently not serious enough to achieve any of them.
This is me too. And for me it is just a matter of buying food and cooking it, which seems to be some major shake up in my universe because I have not been able to do it yet. I have a simple diet plan that I want to try out, but I actually have to cook in order to follow it.

I also need to be more consistent with my exercise, and if I could just eat right, I would have more energy for my workouts.

Nike has it right - JUST DO IT!
Old 06-12-12, 09:09 AM  
marmact

It's so nice to read what everyone has been doing! Congrats on meeting your goals.

And I can really relate to the posts about feeling stalled or out of sorts. I really struggled for a long time to get back into the fitness habit. The only thing that did it for me was hitting rock bottom - not fitting into anything in my closet, feeling exhausted and stressed all the time, and resenting that I was putting so much effort into everyone else in my life and ZERO into me. I think it's okay to do that for short periods when things get out of control, but as a life strategy, it is a tough row to hoe, as they say.

Anyway, so I did something different to get back into it. Instead of going FULL BORE I'M KICKING ASS NOW TAKING NAMES LATER like usual (where I inevitably ended up way too sore to continue and possibly injured), I elected to do something totally different that seemed easy and simple - Leslie. (Caveat: This is not meant as a dis on Leslie! I just mean that her workouts are pretty much no-brainers and are perfect for 5 AM workouts when you'd rather still be sleeping.) Easy workouts helped me to avoid the dread factor, and also got me out of bed in the morning (because I would have these conversations with myself that ended with, "if you can't even get out of bed to walk 2 miles in 30 minutes, it really is all over for us"). After 30 days of that, I felt ready to tackle something more difficult. I didn't go after the diet until I was fully back into the swing of things. That took about three months.

The other thing that happened to me was, my father was very ill. He was in ICU, hooked up to a ventilator, and strapped into the bed. Although he's fine now, what I took away from that terrible situation was that I needed to get up and move while it was still possible to do so, because there can come a time when there is no choice. And if I kept choosing what I was choosing, that time would eventually be inevitable.
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 10:50 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
The results I got so far for the first half of the year were directly proportionate to the effort I've put in thus far. That means zero. ..... Bottom line, I have to get myself together in the 2nd half of the year, and just do it.
Same here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
This is me too. And for me it is just a matter of buying food and cooking it, which seems to be some major shake up in my universe because I have not been able to do it yet. I have a simple diet plan that I want to try out, but I actually have to cook in order to follow it.

I also need to be more consistent with my exercise, and if I could just eat right, I would have more energy for my workouts.

Nike has it right - JUST DO IT!
Amy - I think you & are were separated at birth...

2012 hasn't been my best year. And most of 2011 wasn't either. I gained back all the weight I'd previously lost. My house is a constant disaster, our budget always failing, homeschooling has felt like an epic fail, and most of the time... I feel like I can trace it all back to me.

I've finally had a moment of clarity (a recent holy-cr@p-I-thought-I-was-pregnant-but-shew!-wasn't) which really made me appreciate this *GOOD* place we are in and realize that I better "straighten up and get my act together" so I can enjoy it.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 11:06 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
The results I got so far for the first half of the year were directly proportionate to the effort I've put in thus far. That means zero. ....Bottom line, I have to get myself together in the 2nd half of the year, and just do it.
This applies to me as well. So it should be no surprise that I'm fatter than ever.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 12:26 PM  
chemicalemma

For me, my problem has always been consistency, so that's one of the things I've been working on this year. The Sweet Sixteen check-in keeps me motivated to work out more days in a month than not, and in May, I did some form of exercise every day.

When I started the year, my knees were so trashed that I was actually using a cane some days to go up and down stairs. In the last two months, I have gotten things to the point where they are almost pain free and I am going up and down stairs easily and quickly without assistance.

I have become a whiz at modifying workouts on the fly to alleviate issues with my knees and wrists.

Starting April, my goal was to do Jari Love's workouts twice a week, in addition to my usual kundalini yoga routine. Since then, I've lost inches and pounds at a fairly consistent rate, while making only minimal dietary changes. What surprises me most is that I'm seeing the most inch-loss off of my lower body - since the only lower body work I'm doing are the PT exercises for my knees. My arms and shoulders are starting to look pretty toned, and my arms and legs seem to be starting to lean out a little bit.

I'm doing a better job of keeping myself hydrated. My blood pressure is down.

I still have a long way to go to reach my goals, but I'm feeling pretty hopeful about the progress I've made so far.
Old 06-13-12, 01:06 PM  
BeChi

Been avoiding getting new workouts, (too many, I’m too confused), so it’s mostly been about walking. Walking in a huge private park/forest, so I’ve become Katniss in the wilds of Illinois. Oh and my lawn care workout! Convinced my husband I’ll do the lawn this year and will take the moola our service would get. Seriously had no full notion of how HARD it was! But after 2 months I’m a lot fitter and pleased with result.
BeChi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mold