Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-31-21, 07:00 AM  
cambet

Hi, Ladies,

I just wrote a long post that got erased.. Since yesterday I keep getting an error message when I try to post, but then I did a *testing* message that actually posted. So I thought I was back in business and wrote this super long post and it just disappeared when I tried to post it. I'll try to post again later, I have to get ready for a hair appointment now. Please just know that I wrote a very supportive message to both of you.
Old 07-31-21, 07:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk (morning)
28 minute outdoor walk (evening)

A good walking day yesterday. I am planning a walk for today too. The weather is very walk friendly the past couple of days. My sister invited me to her community pool but I may pass today.
It's only going to be in the 70s and I could get some other things done that need attending to.

PENGUIN, looks like you found a few good workouts. The baby boutique tour sounds wonderful. That must be such a good feeling to know your homemade items are so well-received. The camping trip sounds like it will be fun and hopefully the weather cooperates. I guess the draw of the salt water pools is no chemicals are needed.
It's really a great pool. We had a very enjoyable time.

CAMBET, ugh how frustrating on the error message. I don't know what's up with VF lately. Thank you for your support however. I appreciate it. I hope the hair appt goes well.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 08:26 PM  
patchworkpenguin

CAMBET, GOOD TO KNOW. THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT COMPUTERS ARE CRAZY! I'M JUST GETTING TO FEEL CONFIDENT ON MY LAPTOP.

SB, WOW ON THE WEATHER! THAT'S GREAT! tHAT MAKES SENSE ABOUT THE SALTWATER POOL, CHOLINE STINKS!

SO I MAY BE YELLING FROM NOW ON. i HAD TO MAKE THE FONT ON THE LAPTOP SMALLER TO WORK WITH SOME OF THE OTHER SITES I WANT TO USE IT FOR {hUBBY GOT THE WIRELESS PRINTER WORKING AND THAT'S BEEN GREAT! SINCE I HAVE A BUNCH OF NEW IDEAS AND PATTERNS FROM THE BABY PLACE, LIFECHOICES.

TODAY'S WORKOUT STARTED WITH WORKOUT HOTEL'S CARDIO BARRE, WHICH WAS A FAST EASY FOR HER WORKOUT. NEXT I WENT TO SHARONA'S HILL'S 2021 NEW YEAR EVE WALKING WORKOUT. THIS WAS A CLOCKWATCHER WITH A LOT OF IMPACT. I MODIFIED BUT IT WAS STILL BORING. NEXT WAS HILL'S DISCO FEVER WALKING WORKOUT, THIS WAS A LOT OF FUN AND LOW IMPACT FOR US OLD FOGIES WHO WERE THERE WHEN ALL THE SONGS CAME OUT. LAST WAS PAMELA RIEF'S 9M LB STRETCH. I DIDN'T DO WHAT SHE DID, I CAN'T DO WHAT SHE DID BUT IT WAS A GOOD BACKDROP FOR MY STRETCH ROUNTINE AS WELL AS A PRETTY SCENE.

IVE BEEN DOING ALTERNATING UB AND LB WORKOUTS FOR A WHILE NOW, IN THE INTRESTING OF MIXING IT UP WHEN I COME BACK FROM VACATION I'M GOING TO SWITCH AND DO UB ON LB DAYS ETC.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 12:09 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I'm going to keep this brief (for me ), and see if I'm able to post.

Thursday I did KCM Muscle Up: Lift 2B Fit. I did the 49-min premix with 2 sets of each exercise again and upped the weights where I could. I tacked on the 10-Min Dance Walk from JS's 10 Min Quick Walk Mix. Later that night, I did CH Elite and made it to 9994 steps before midnight (I lost track of time and waited a few minutes too late to get started.)

Friday I did a 44 minute walk with one of the Italy crew. Made it to over 10,000s steps for the day.

Today I did about 40 mins of CH and CH Elite to make it over 10,000 steps for the day. Since I got my hair done this morning, I took it very easy, as not to break much of a sweat.

SB - Awesome walking day for you yesterday! Glad that you're getting better walking weather. In the post that I lost I said I was sorry that things got heated with your friend. The whole vaccinated/unvaccinated situation is frustrating (reading news stories about hospitalized unvaccinated people who are very sick and asking for the vaccine only to be told that it's too late is heartbreaking and mind blowing). It's understandable that talk of the situation would lead to a heated debate. I hope that things blow over but if your friend doesn't want to get together again, then it sounds like she wasn't a good enough friend to begin with, like you said, so I'm glad that you're prepared to move on if need be. I hope it helped to vent here to clear your mind.

Penguin - Such a variety of workouts, again! I enjoyed reading about your tour of the baby place and how flattering for you to know that your donations apparently tend to go first! . I hope that you all get good/cooler weather for the camping trip!

Wave to All:
Old 08-01-21, 09:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

52 minute outdoor walk
120 kettlebell swings

I am planning another walk for today.

PENGUIN, looks like a mixed bag of workouts but good job getting it done. This weather is a pleasant surprise for us however long it lasts. We'll take what we can get. In addition to the caps maybe using the BOLD will help also.

CAMBET, good job with your workouts and steps the past few days. I have that KCM dvd but I don't think I've ever used it. I think that's a great idea to use the same workout several times to see your improvement. The venting did help thank you BOTH. She wasn't a very close friend that I saw often so it is what it is as they say. This whole covid situation is so sad on so many levels and apparently no end in sight

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-01-21, 07:39 PM  
patchworkpenguin

CAMBET, GAH SO CLOSE ON THE STEPS! . i BET YOUR HAPPY THE POST WORKED! VF LIKES TO DO THAT TO ME ALSO. tHE WEATHER LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE IN THE MID 80S FOR OUR TRIP {HOTTER HERE BUT WE ARE GOING NORTH} iTS SLIGHTLY COOLER HERE ALSO.

SB, SO i TRIED TYPING IN THE BOLD BUT IT ONLY SEEMS TO WORK AFTER I POST, WHICH HELPS ME READ YOU GUYS POST BUT NOT MY OWN. I'VE GOT THE SCREEN ON LT LEANED BACK PRETTY FAR, WHICH PUTS THE WORDS IN MY MIDDLE VISION OF MY TRIFOCALS WHICH SEEMS TO HELP ALSO

TODAY I TRIED BURPEE GIRL'S DUMBBELL UPPER BODY MUSCLE TONING AND FOLLOWED THAT WITH HER WALK AND TONE ARMS. {I ALMOST THREW THE REMOTE AT THE TV, I CLEARLY WAS SAYING BURPEE GIRL BECAUSE THATS WHAT IT CAME UP WITH FIRST, BUT THEN IT KEPT CHANGING IT TO BARBIE GIRL, UM NO!} THE FIRST WORKOUT WAS OKAY, BUT...SHE DID FOUR REPEATS OF THE SAME 8? EXERCISES {I ONLY DID 3, I BAILED} THE SECOND WORKOUT WAS A CLOCKWATCHER. SHE DID UB MOVEMENTS BUT ONLY WALKED IN PLACE THE WHOLE 30M! I KEPT ADDING OTHER STEPS AND SOME NEW ARMS HERE AND THERE, SUCH AS LESLIE'S UP, OUT AND DOWN ARMS WITH A SIDESTEP.

I'M PLANNING A WORKOUT FOR TOMORROW BUT MAY NOT GET TO IT BECAUSE OF THE PACKING.

Old 08-02-21, 07:53 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Just tried to post and got the Error 500 message again (which is weird because my post was not super long). This time I was able to save the post into a Word doc. I'll try to post it again later (I have to get ready for work because I'm conducting an interview this morning).

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-02-21, 09:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

Planning another walk for today.

CAMBET, oh no on that error message still popping up!
So frustrating. I hope you found the solution for now.

PENGUIN, I'm glad you were able to make the workout work for you with added movements but still disappointing. The repeats are a no go for me.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 08-02-21, 10:48 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, how frusterating for you! At least you were able to save it. I hope the interview goes well.

Sb, i wasn't happy with the repeats but i manages to change a few things subbing hammercurls for regular curls. I like hammercurls better anyway.

I packed a lot of things, vacuumed the house, finished a quilt and started another so i skipped the weightwork and went straight to the fun cardio. I did improved health's 20m walk and dance day 7 series 2 and finished with 30m interval walk d3 s1. Both were fun, i think she is quickly becoming my favorite instructor for walks.

Excited about our trip tomorrow.

Old 08-03-21, 08:36 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I'm still getting that 500 Internal Error Message for my last post (which is longish), so I'm going to briefly add my workouts and see what happens.

Sunday I did TJ: Cardio Party, really just lightly going through the motions because I didn't want to sweat out my hair. Made it to 10000 steps before midnight.

Yesterday I did yard work, mowing the lawn with the riding and push mower, and then I did the Power Pick Up segment from Jessica's 15 min Fast Fat Blasts to make it to 10,000 steps before midnight.

SB - Great job with the walks and KB swings. I had a lot more to say about the KCM workout that I keep repeating, but the system just isn't letting me post longer messages.

Penguin - I still applaud you for trying so many different workouts, even if some of them don't work out so well. I hope everything works out well with the camping trip!

Waves to All!