Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-30-21, 11:34 PM  
Leonana

Thinking of something similar that’s free, I wonder if Sydney Cummings might be similar. I haven’t tried her workouts, but I believe she uses heavier weights, and Lift and Shift strength workouts are for heavier weights.
Old 07-31-21, 10:02 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Shoot. I was crying all the way to the “enter” button on that guy, see, I can’t even remember his name. The guy with the bald head who worked with Ultimate Yogi. At least you got like 5 dvds. Lol.
Rudy Mettia from Yoga Warrior 365?

I had Jessica's Lift and Shift program, but eventually got a refund on it. There are a number of circuits in the program, which I probably wasn't expecting. While I liked the program okay, it was a time commitment and I'm not sure I enjoyed it. And, that's strange coming from me, because I love Jessica's other programs and DVDs. It has been improved with the ability to FF or RW and you're now able to customize what exercises from the program you want to do. Had it been on DVD, I would have purchased without even thinking about it. But, I had difficulty with the streaming and Purple Player, to the point of frustration and time wasted.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 10:17 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

If you want something similar, you'll need an Upper Body Circuit, Lower Body Circuit, Total Body, Mobility, and Core. For the Upper and Lower Body, the Circuits are repeated 3 times, I believe. The Total Body is twice, but one side first and then repeats for other side. The Total Body program moves a little slower than Upper and Lower, IIRC.

And, it's progressive because you're building strength with each time you do the program gradually increasing the weight.

I would look for something that you don't need much equipment for. A traditional weight workout would work for the Total Body workout using heavier weights. But, the Upper and Lower Body Circuits move a little quicker so weight will be more moderate.

I would also choose something to get it done in 30 minutes, so Kelly Coffey-Meyer would be a nice option. But, select another instructor for Core work and Mobility exercises.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 02:53 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Rudy Mettia from Yoga Warrior 365?

I had Jessica's Lift and Shift program, but eventually got a refund on it. There are
Yes, Rudy. Thank you

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frank sepe, lift and shift, met-rx 180