Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-21, 05:49 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
yes!
Fanofladyvols….you always put a smile on my face! Thanks for the shoutout! Maybe I’ll sing it at my next session.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 09:32 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Did everyone buy the newest Cathe Series? I’m considering it now that I looked at the previews. I am pretty confident my days of high impact are over or going to have some serious modifications. These new routines look like something doable once I recover. Trying to stay positive about reaching my future goals. Thoughts? We all know the presales are the best prices and I don’t want to regret not making the purchase.

Also I saw Cathe is considering a Halloween road trip. I would have definitely joined if no accident. Her July dates never worked for me since we had traveling softball plus it was our anniversary weekend. Anyone going if it becomes official?

Happy Thursday

Chel- I love that you are staying so optimistic even though I realize that it must be really tough for you. I purchased the forthcoming Cathe workouts. Usually the presale price works in favor of purchasing all of the workouts, even if you do not use them all. I might go to Cathe's Halloween road trip.

Linda- thanks for the info about bosu pods. I am going to look into them.

Kitty and Linda- Have you ever tried Shaun T's Cize? I did almost all of the routines when they were first released.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 10:04 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Wait, where did Cathe post about a potential road trip?

ChelePA, I agree with Horusosiris about the presale prices and also with you, that these might be perfect when you're fully recovered. I'm so impressed with your always wonderful attitude! I remember when you broke your foot and you just kept going, finding workouts for the upper body you could do. You are very inspiring and I know you'll make great healing progress because of your positive mindset.

Horusosiris, I never did try any Shaun...I'm willing to bet Cize is super fun!!

Bee, I am not sure how I keep the Slim Series straight other than I've literally had them and did them a lot (well, most of them) since they first came out when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, so maybe that's why. They are all quite similar, I agree!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 11:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Happy Thursday!

cataddict - We have a generator and have used it a lot over the years. The power here goes out year round. There are planned and unplanned rolling blackouts. It can run everything except the A/C. It is a real comfort to have it.

horusosirus - I have Shaun's Rockin' Body set. Some were too hard to follow (being "The Queen of the Stumble" and all). I did like a couple of them.

Yesterday's workout was the Debbie Seibers one that FoLV linked to. I enjoyed it except for the voice not syncing. I have a background in video production, so that was tough. I just watched her feet the whole time, LOL!

I wasn't sure who "Kat" was so I did some searching. Err, even her basic step is too speedy for me. Can I do something else for Chele's Fun Friday? I'm finishing up my rest/rehab week tomorrow.

BTW, how old is everyone here? (IF that isn't too personal a question.)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 01:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Alta I can't do Kat's step either So I will just pick something fun. And I am older than 25 and less than a 100

horusosiris I have CIZE...but will try soon!

Today was MB45 beginner #1 and Lauren.

Road trip??!! Huh where?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 01:32 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Alta I am older than 25 and less than a 100
I still love this and that's my answer too, hah hah hah!!!

Old 07-08-21, 02:12 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Alta I can't do Kat's step either So I will just pick something fun. And I am older than 25 and less than a 100
LOL! Fair enough! I guess I'm just wondering if I am the geezer, I mean eldest here.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 05:39 PM  
manleym

Cataddict I liked #146 because of the format too. I would do it again. And yes, our timing was perfect. Hubby's family is getting lots o'rain. When I watched the news last night I was wondering if you would get any. Looks like it's moving in your direction. Are ya'll ok? How was your hubby's first day back at work? Hope he can get out of there soon. Totally understand not wanting to go back. Ugh! And yay on the beans! I've heard that most people lost their tomatoes, even around here so I just don't think it's a good year for them. Which is too bad. Hope your beans produce.

Kittybug we've heard the same thing about A/C parts. Ours is getting close to needing to be replaced (20+ years) and we're hoping it will last until the fall or spring. This would be a terrible time to have A/C trouble. And agree to take care of what takes care of you!

Bee I've noticed alot of errors recently too. I can't search for anything and I think there's a thread about it. Weird how it works just fine for awhile and then it doesn't. I like that free CL lower body download. Your so cool being down with the lingo. And YES you want to subscribe to CL!

FOLV yay that you found SUAT! Did you order it from Lauren or somewhere else?

ChelePA I also ordered Cathe's new bands and dvds. I think they would be perfect for your recovery. Just a thought - take it for what it's worth - but you might look at 2Lazy's blog to see how she recovered from her accident. I don't know if that would help or not, but she's been down the road you're on now and may offer suggestions. I don't think I'll be able to make the Halloween roadtrip, ALTHOUGH hubby has said more than once that we should all meet up at a roadtrip sometime. Wouldn't that be fun for us all to go to the same one?

So on tap for me tomorrow is Kat's HIIT Step Aerobics Workout - Torch Calories ( for ChelePA) and/or yoga + Paul Katami Ab Lab. I REALLY liked it the one time I tried it (free on YTube).

Hugs and waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 06:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Thursday, what's left of it -- for whatever reason it's felt like Friday all day for me.

cataddict, yes, how was hubby's day back at work? I hope he's doing ok.

A friend of mine is supposed to be on a houseboat somewhere off the Florida coast right now. I was sure it would get cancelled, but sounds like it didn't. I hope they are able to enjoy it, somehow.

Cathe RT at Halloween, eh? I will check the details. Assuming it's at her gym, that's a long way to go for me, but I want to visit my kid in school in NY, so I could potentially combine those trips. I've decided to send him on his own in September. He is a transfer student and they have a camping trip for all of the transfer students. Since he won't be around it seems like there's not much point in me going then. Sorry if I already told you all this! Which leads me to.....

how old are we? I feel like we are all in the same general ballpark. Old enough to get mixed up on what day it is and forget if we've told trivial stories.

manleym, I'm doing Kat's step HIIT with you tomorrow! Excellent! And I think that's a great tip for Chele -- even if it's not the same journey for her, I would think it would be inspirational and helpful to read 2lazy's story. Chele, your perseverance is so inspiring!!

Oh, and yes, I also ended up buying the presale of the band workouts. I'm excited about them, even if I don't really like band work! Crazy vidiot.

Today I did Tone It Up -- I think I hadn't done that in this recent round of SS, but now I've done all but Cool it Off so almost time to start repeating, I guess. I have Burn it Off and Keep It Off from Sin6 to try first. Not sure how long I will last with this hybrid rotation -- we'll see.
Old 07-08-21, 07:13 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym and Bee, I'm gonna try to join you on Kat's HIIT step tomorrow...without a step though due to my back.

Today was Slim Series Mix It Up, tomorrow I'll do Cool It Off, then like Bee, start over for at least one more week, maybe longer, mixing something else in, maybe. My back is still wonky, Watulans, and it's getting frustrating! I can finally lie flat on the floor but doing ab work is still really painful. I did finally realize ice was making things worse, so now I'm using a heating pad when I can.

I'm super excited for Cathe's band workouts too! They really look great and low impact to boot, yesssss!

Is anyone else getting the 'server busy' message and not getting on the forum at times? Scares me we won't be able to 'chat' if things go down, arg!!

Tags
watulan check-in