Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-21, 08:02 AM  
SandyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Jessica Smith has a No Equipment Needed playlist.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...gT-QH3XSMyPpqR
I did one of the Hasfits today. This Jessica may be on tomorrow’s menu. Thanks!
SandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 08:31 AM  
kat999

I'm so sorry. What a tough time. I hope you can take solace and comfort whenever and however possible.

I was going to rec Caroline and Jessica for sure. There are also some Orangetheory no-equipment routines, and many just need a towel. Here's their first Total Body HIIT workout, which is fairly typical: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaW-qsM4LI4
Old 06-30-21, 08:59 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyT View Post
I did one of the Hasfits today. This Jessica may be on tomorrow’s menu. Thanks!
I love HASFit too. I also like Fitness with PJ, and she also has a Bodyweight playlist. She’s also pretty funny, which might be a good stress relief for you.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VEx9CTC5IoqGqx
Old 06-30-21, 10:49 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Sandy, you have gotten some great suggestions so far. I just want to send you (((HUGS)))!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 07:41 PM  
bfit

I'm late to chime in here, but I'm also sorry about the situation with your mother. I second the suggestions to get bands for toning. Cans of soup or vegetables also work with lighter weight workouts. There are a lot of Barlates upper body workouts on You Tube that use light (or even no) weights. There is also a KCM DVD called "Body Weight" training that uses no equipment. There is a 30 minute standing workout and a 30 minute floor workout.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 08:34 PM  
SandyT

I can’t thank you guys enough. It’s nice to get up in the morning and have your links to click on without having to put too much thought into it. You have surely blessed me.
Old 07-01-21, 01:08 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyT View Post
I can’t thank you guys enough. It’s nice to get up in the morning and have your links to click on without having to put too much thought into it. You have surely blessed me.
I'm glad that we could be of a little help during this very difficult time. Sending more hugs. I'm sorry for what you and your mom are going through.

I haven't looked at these yet, but someone posted this channel on another thread I think and there are a bunch of bodyweight workouts that look really good. Here's the playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0xt...L1SfaiGQzoaQsf

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 08:08 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'm so sorry about your Mom, it must be an especially hard time. I hope things go as well as that sort of thing can go.

When it comes to bodyweight exercises you have a lot of options for the lower body: squats, lunges, plies etc. You can even do step ups on the stairway. You can vary the number of reps and the speed at which you do them. Kathy Smith's Secrets to a Great Lower Body is done entirely without weights, but you do need a chair.

For the upper body it's a bit harder, your options are push ups and their variations, triceps dips, and pull ups if you can do them and have a place to do them. That's why I think bands or tubing is such a good idea.

Some of the Firm videos show the use of household objects such as bleach and water bottles for weights, but you have to have empty ones in order to use them.
Old 07-01-21, 12:22 PM  
Leonana

Fitness with PJ must have been reading this thread! She posted this workout this morning.

https://youtu.be/QWzgMF0xWTI
Old 07-02-21, 08:34 AM  
SandyT

Mom went home to be with the Lord this morning. I would like to thank everyone of you for the hugs, good thoughts, and comfort you have provided in these last few days. VF is a special place.

Tags
body weight workouts, bodyweight cardio, bodyweight workouts, calisthenics, favorite bodyweight