Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-06-21, 06:13 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Today I did PHA 3 and then went for a walk with a friend. I never noticed the bonus abs on that disc. They look sort of interesting -- I might give them a go. Does anyone have a thumbs up or down for it?

Seems like we may permanently have a fourth dog. Mostly not a problem until we have to evacuate for fire. Hopefully that won't happen but it's a very real possibility so we're not sure what to do about that.
Thumbs up for the abs workout on PHA3! I did it yesterday! I like that it's so different than any other ab workout. It uses the step risers, so that's something to adjust to, but once you figure it out it's a good and different routine.

You are so kind to adopt your neighbor's/friends dog. I was so sorry to read of his sudden passing. That is so very hard. You're a good neighbor and person for being available to help his housemate and take in his dog. I hope it all turns out well.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 06:19 PM  
manleym

Popping in for a quick check in.

Yesterday I did PHA3 + Ab Stacker + Extended Lying Stretch. It was a GREAT workout, and I'm glad I did the abs since the moves are different than other ab workouts. The music was not motivating, but not bad.

Today I decided to sub RWH Low Impact Hiit for Perfect 30 Low Impact Hiit. I wanted a longer workout than P30 LIH but didn't want to repeat the exact same workout, so I did RWH Low Impact Hiit premix with both workouts and was glad! It was perfect for today! I do wish abs were an option, but they aren't. I did abs yesterday so not a big deal, but the only abs available on this dvd is a premix with one of the workouts. So you can do one of the workouts and abs, but they're added to a premix and those are the only premixes that include them. Not even available on the main menu as a bonus. Kinda weird.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to do a Cathe LIVE cardio, most likely step, since it's Fun Friday. Or I might do IMax 4. Looking for a good cardio step workout. Kind of surprised there aren't any step workouts in this rotation.

Then Saturday will be Perfect Pump Lower Body + Lower Body Bonus + Core + Extended Stretch, or at least that's the plan today.

Hugs and waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 07:33 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
Sorry for the pop-in, but I just read this and it really touched me and now has me crying. We also do something every year at my youngest son's birthday and at Christmas in his memory. How sweet of your younger daughter!
Penny I am so sorry that you have also experienced this unimaginable loss. As you know a parent's heart never forgets. Sending lots of hugs and love your way.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 07:43 PM  
ChelePA

I just want to thank everyone for their kind words and sharing your grateful hearts. It helps on such a difficult day. It rained nonstop (lots of flooding everywhere) but cleared by the evening. Just in time for my family to meet at the cemetery. This year we used seed paper to write special notes to our sweet Isabella and then we sang Happy Birthday while planting the paper hearts. Any gardeners with experience using seed paper? Hoping some flowers eventually bloom. My other daughter decided to pay for people at various drive-thru restaurants. I call her my rainbow baby. She has brought so much joy, light and hope after such darkness. And on that note, my husband and I saw a beautiful rainbow this morning after the storm.
Old 05-06-21, 07:51 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Thumbs up for the abs workout on PHA3! I did it yesterday! I like that it's so different than any other ab workout. It uses the step risers, so that's something to adjust to, but once you figure it out it's a good and different routine.

You are so kind to adopt your neighbor's/friends dog. I was so sorry to read of his sudden passing. That is so very hard. You're a good neighbor and person for being available to help his housemate and take in his dog. I hope it all turns out well.
Bee...I am also very sorry about your neighbor. What a lucky dog to be able to join your family! You have a big heart ..

I also did the PHA 3 premix today that includes bonus abs after each section. I like the use of the risers for variety. Those boat holds are tough especially the second round!!! PHA 3 has quite the cardio effect for me. I was drenched. I was going to add on BBW but realized our grass is out of control again and rain expected tomorrow. So I decided to tackle that chore this evening. I will add it on with Perfect 30 Low impact since it's a shorter workout. I might also try Kat's new basic step video for Fun Friday. I think it's only 30 minutes. We'll see how the day goes.
Old 05-06-21, 08:01 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA you never cease to amaze me. You’re so strong and such an inspiration. I know your faith and close family ties will carry you through.
Old 05-06-21, 08:09 PM  
fanofladyvols

ChelePA Isabella ... beautiful name!
Hugs to all of you!!
Thank you for sharing that moment with us

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 06:38 AM  
ChelePA

Kittybug....CTX is on the daily deal if still interested.
Old 05-07-21, 08:43 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 10:05 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
ChelePA Isabella ... beautiful name!
Hugs to all of you!!
Thank you for sharing that moment with us
Totally agree on all of the above!! Oh, BTW, high fives to you FOLV for your fierceness this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Kittybug....CTX is on the daily deal if still interested.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I hadn't gotten that far yet this morning...I'm totally caving and will preorder too.

Chele, I've had on and off luck with the paper seeds. It just depends on if you get a dud or not, I think, and how long you wait to plant them. I was gifted one and waited a couple of years before planting it and was amazed by the gorgeous and hardy flowers that came up! The previous packet I got I waited on planting also and nothing ever came up, so....

Yesterday was The Gauntlet for me and today will be Byron's Ballet Flow on ID, me thinks. Happy Friday, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in