Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-28-21, 11:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
But workouts are like Jello...there's always room for Jello!

I keep telling myself that. i sometimes feel that I need to give them a good home, like cats and dogs.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 07:53 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post

I keep telling myself that. i sometimes feel that I need to give them a good home, like cats and dogs.
Exactly!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 07:55 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
LOL! The issue is I am out of space for more workouts! I seriously need to go through and determine what workouts need to go.
Hmmm, this sounds like you need some more creative storage solutions to me...

Let us know how we can assist!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 01:20 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Hmmm, this sounds like you need some more creative storage solutions to me...

Let us know how we can assist!
I've already added two small tables next to the media console (whose drawers are already full!) and have filled those up quickly. I do have workouts from instructors that I love that I rarely reach for. Just because I love an instructor doesn't mean I have to love (or like) everything they make!
Old 05-02-21, 09:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I do have workouts from instructors that I love that I rarely reach for. Just because I love an instructor doesn't mean I have to love (or like) everything they make!
Well you're right. I do find there's an ebb and flow in my collection with some trainers as I try other workouts of theirs and gradually purge some that, for whatever reason, don't seem to click with me. Sometimes it takes awhile to get there though. (I adore Gilad but only kept 4 of his workouts...but I acquired many more initially.)

Now as to your storage solutions...

How about an under the couch tub? The under bed storage containers usually fit under a couch (unless I'm misunderstanding the set up in your room?)

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 01:38 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i found a like-new Gaiam "Total Toning Pilates" kit, with S-shaped weights and sealed workout DVD with Ana Caban for $6 after using a $2 off coupon at Saver's.

https://uedata.amazon.com/Gaiam-Pila.../dp/B0012K1BN2

there were two favorable VF reviews here:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=1743

At goodwill, i picked up Irish Dancing by Jean Butler ($3). Collage used to carry this DVD and there's a VF review of this DVD. i got it out of curiosity.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 05-03-21, 07:20 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Jeannine, I have the Total Toning Pilates kit - I hardly ever use the workouts (although they are fine), but I love the S-shaped weights!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 10:08 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 11:01 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I have that kit. I remember really liking it but not doing it very many times. I was doing studio Pilates twice a week at the time. I left it in Seattle to do on trips back up there when I moved to California ahead of my husband. We just finally sold our place up there last fall and it's now in one of the boxes stacked in the house we're remodeling here so I won't find it for a bit. Great breakdown in the VF reviews. The first two sections will be very useful for times when my knees are giving me grief since they're on the floor. Something to look forward to.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 12:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Jeannine, I have the Total Toning Pilates kit - I hardly ever use the workouts (although they are fine), but I love the S-shaped weights!
i read your VF review with rapt attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
Awesome!

I think those weights would be great to carry while on an outside walk.
yes, kind of reminds me of Benedict Cumberbatch in Dr. Strange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
I have that kit. I remember really liking it but not doing it very many times. I was doing studio Pilates twice a week at the time. I left it in Seattle to do on trips back up there when I moved to California ahead of my husband. We just finally sold our place up there last fall and it's now in one of the boxes stacked in the house we're remodeling here so I won't find it for a bit. Great breakdown in the VF reviews. The first two sections will be very useful for times when my knees are giving me grief since they're on the floor. Something to look forward to.
Ana Caban is one of the most creative instructors that I've experienced. Whenever i see her workouts, i buy it, and these are all used. I've seen too many pilates workouts where gadgets/tools were added but very little thought was put into the moves.
i thought it was serendipitous finding that kit because a recent thread motivated me to purchase Ana's Bodyball workout.

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds