Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-21, 05:23 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Omg, poor little boy I thought the little girl was going to call an adult for help, she left and nobody came!
It did look like she told him to "Wait!" and she was going to get help. It's too bad she was so young that she didn't think to stop the treadmill first.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 09:47 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

That video is shocking. It should be a no-brainer that kids are not allowed in a home exercise room or on the equipment. Maybe all machines need a child-safety lock, where just pressing "start" won't activate the machine unless there's another code punched in by the user.

Years ago I was the family spoilsport when I told my two nieces (ages 9 and 10, one barefoot and one in flipflops) that they could not use my treadmill. Got grief from DH as well as my brother-in-law, both of whom thought I was being too controlling. There's a reason kids shouldn't play around workout equipment, people!
Old 04-19-21, 10:02 PM  
sillygirl

I remember on the couple of treadmills we had throughout the years that the treadmill wouldn't/couldn't start if the safety key wasn't inserted. Do treadmills still come with the safety key/clip that you attach to your clothes so if you fall off the treadmill automatically stops?
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 10:20 PM  
rhbrand

Why I keep my safety key away from the treadmill.
Old 04-19-21, 10:25 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
I remember on the couple of treadmills we had throughout the years that the treadmill wouldn't/couldn't start if the safety key wasn't inserted. Do treadmills still come with the safety key/clip that you attach to your clothes so if you fall off the treadmill automatically stops?
I bought a new treadmill about 5 years ago and it came with a safety "tether cord" clip thing. You clip one end to your shirt and the other end is magnetized and sticks in a spot on the top part of the treadmill where all the control buttons are. So if you fall off the treadmill, in theory it pulls the magnet out and stops the treadmill instantly. I don't use the tether cord and just leave the magnet end plugged in all the time but if I had children visiting (which I never do), I would hope I would remember to grab the magnet off the treadmill display and hide it in in a drawer far away from the treadmill so that the treadmill would essentially be rendered inoperable.

That said, accidents do happen, even to the best of parents, etc.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peloton, peloton injuries, peloton tread+, treadmill, treadmills