Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-21, 06:31 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
Ditto!

Do any of you remember your first order from the Collage Video catalog? I remember mailing in my order form (late 80s). It may have been a Charlene Prickett aerobics workout and a Jazzercise workout. I usually ordered 3-4 VHS/Beta videos at a time (I ordered enough to qualify for free shipping). The VHS tapes back then were pricey -- many were $29.99.
I did start ordering dvds from the catalog, probably a year or two before they stopped. I can’t remember my first order, I think it was Jessica Smith and KCM.
Old 02-12-21, 07:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I wish I still had all of my old Collage catalogs, but tossed them all about five years ago! They were fun to look at, read and plan my next purchase!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 05:52 PM  
Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
I thought I didn't until I forgot I used to do the Barbie workout on vhs back in the late 90s. (i was a teen at the time in case anyone is wondering why I was doing Barbie. lol I wore that tape out! It was my only exercise tape. I bet that workout would still wear me out.
The one with Jennifer Love Hewitt? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ggidkLzlI

I was an 80's kid/90's teen and as a kid, we did Mousercise which was on the Disney Chanel. By the late 80's I remember doing workouts that aired on cable channels.

I didn't have a lot of VHS workout tapes. As a teen, I purchased Denise Austin foam step which came with a VHS tape. I remember buying Tony Little VHS tapes from an infomercial and also buying Tae Bo, which I hated. I remember getting a bunch of Gaiam VHS tapes at a huge discount when they were transitioning to DVD.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 06:28 PM  
Pam

My 2 daughters gave me the Buns of Steel Legs and Butt VHS tapes, but I never used them. They used both a lot. I now have the DVD version of these, but they are still virgins for me!

One daughter now streams Beach Body and gets up before her kids to get her workouts in. She is very dedicated! The other daughter I don't think works out, with 2 small kids and a demanding job I don't think the workouts happen.
Old 02-13-21, 09:56 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam61 View Post
oh my lord, now i'm feeling old! :d
ditto!!!!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-21, 10:08 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I'm 41 and I feel like I'm right on the coming-of-age technology cusp where I "grew up" when everything was changing from analog to digital, pagers to cell phones, cassettes to CDs and VHS to DVDs.

I started purchasing home workouts in my late teens, so the late 90s. I had the MTV "The Grind" workouts on VHS, and I think maybe the Daisy Fuentes endorsed Mari Winsor series on VHS, but I think everything else I've owned workout wise has been on DVD. I remember doing the original Tae Bo series, but I don't think I owned it, I think it belonged to a roommate.
I'm 39 now and felt like I was on the same cusp as you.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 12:08 AM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand View Post
The one with Jennifer Love Hewitt? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ggidkLzlI

I was an 80's kid/90's teen and as a kid, we did Mousercise which was on the Disney Chanel. By the late 80's I remember doing workouts that aired on cable channels.

I didn't have a lot of VHS workout tapes. As a teen, I purchased Denise Austin foam step which came with a VHS tape. I remember buying Tony Little VHS tapes from an infomercial and also buying Tae Bo, which I hated. I remember getting a bunch of Gaiam VHS tapes at a huge discount when they were transitioning to DVD.
Yep, that's it!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 08:04 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Collage video!! It was like the Sears catalog for vidiots ! ( if you remember the Sears catalog!!) .

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 12:58 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
Collage video!! It was like the Sears catalog for vidiots ! ( if you remember the Sears catalog!!) .
Both were excellent "bathroom reading." LOL!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 07:09 PM  
schoolgirl-01

my 1st VHS was The Firm as a pre-order from an ad in cosmo - that VHS is The Firm 1 and it was groundbreaking for the time. it was the first time some raised money from the public to cover the costs of production and it was the introduction to Anna Benson way of doing cardio and weights together, it was kinds like met-con before such a thing existed.

i still love that workout to this day.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage catalog, vcr, vhs, videocassette