Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-03-19, 08:42 AM  
lynnf

Thanks lizr for the info, which was really helpful and somewhat encouraging as to their plans about new content. I had written customer service to ask about new content being added to their site and got a vague answer to which I responded stating that they had an obligation to let subscribers know specifically about the rate they planned to add new content to the site -- but I never heard back.

I did want to add one funny thing about the new site. A year ago they made a big thing about adding the core sliders to their workouts and I bought them thinking that they would be often included in the workouts. Now that you can filter for props on the new site, I filtered for the core slider and came up with: just TWO 10 minute workouts!! Now I know that other workouts did incorporate the sliders (including a number of 30 minute ones) and these wouldn't have been more than a year old, so the filter must not be so good. But what's up with this site? What's the point of filtering for these props if it doesn't work correctly?

Still I really like barre3 and I will give them a chance and see if new content starts to come up on the site in a regular fashion. Luckily I have a monthly subscription. It is sad that they gave up on the community aspect of the weekly content and weekly curated plan. Also it seems they took away the contact with the instructor of the week, which was also nice. But if they go back to providing regular new content and there is enough new content for me to continue my workouts there without getting bored by having to repeat ones I have already done a lot of times (enough times that I have the instructors' comments memorized) I will be ok, even if some parts of what I loved about the barre3 site will have been lost.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 09:08 AM  
SuzieC

I'm wondering if the changes had anything to do with music rights. A ton of streaming sites have removed a lot of content recently such as LEKfit, Dancebody, Tracy Anderson, etc... They have all been dodgy about the reasons and have indicated a "rebrand", but then come back with classes with crappy music (not sure how LEKfit's music is right now, but there is definitely a much reduced library - something like 8 available at any time instead of hundreds).

I'll see what the Black Friday special is like before deciding on whether to sign up for a year with Barre3. It's expensive so I'd really be disappointed if they did not add a 1/2 hour workout weekly or at least every two weeks.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 12:47 PM  
prettyinpink

Not sure about music. The music for nearly all of them before a couple of years ago was the same track for every single one. I was so happy when they introduced the “music off” feature.

Do you all see any difference between the cardio and strength ones, as labeled?
So far, I really don’t. There are definitely some that get my heart rate up a little more, but I find that mostly has to do with what I put into it. I have used barre3 on and off as only for warmups and cardio in-between heavier weight days, and so at first I thought it was great that they had some labeled “cardio-focused”. But, there aren’t very many of these! And I’m really not sure there’s a difference. Maybe they are all no-weight. When I use them as light-moderate cardio, I look for no weights or just lower or leave weights out.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 07:01 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
A year ago they made a big thing about adding the core sliders to their workouts and I bought them thinking that they would be often included in the workouts. Now that you can filter for props on the new site, I filtered for the core slider and came up with: just TWO 10 minute workouts!! Now I know that other workouts did incorporate the sliders (including a number of 30 minute ones) and these wouldn't have been more than a year old, so the filter must not be so good. But what's up with this site? What's the point of filtering for these props if it doesn't work correctly?
I just searched for core sliders and came up with 16 workouts. Maybe the system is glitchy? Equally annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizr View Post
They really seem to be focusing on these 'collections'. Instead of a new workout this past week they offered a new curated collection. Those collections (Sadie's favorites! Studio Favorites!) are useless to me. She did say there will be a new one this week and that their aim is to double their online content in the next year.

Also offered me the lovely suggestion of looping 2 30-minute workouts for a new 60-minute experience.
ARGH!! Two 30 minutes is NOT THE SAME. Yes, it's still 60 minutes on the clock, but the flow of the workout would be completely different. I agree on the collections. I have absolutely no interest in them. And I dislike the graphics and the general aesthetic of the redesign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I'm wondering if the changes had anything to do with music rights.
I wondered this, too. Not necessarily music in particular, but if there was some sort of legal challenge. It just seems SO CRAZY for them to have voluntarily hollowed out their own site.

So far, it's 7am EST on Monday morning and there is nothing new. Maybe something will drop later today, but it would have been fun to have a new one to start off the work week. I used to really look forward to that.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 07:09 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post

So far, it's 7am EST on Monday morning and there is nothing new. Maybe something will drop later today, but it would have been fun to have a new one to start off the work week. I used to really look forward to that.
Mindful with Meredith was uploaded to the New and Noteworthy Collection.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 08:13 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Mindful with Meredith was uploaded to the New and Noteworthy Collection.
Thanks, I totally missed it! It didn't come up as the first workout in new and noteworthy (the first one is the recent Christa Joy so I didn't notice this one.)

I did an excellent 40 minute prenatal I had never done before. I hope non-pregnant people don't forsake the prenatals! They are so good and absolutely for everyone!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 08:42 AM  
lynnf

I did the new Meredith one, and I love Meredith, but I have to mention that the music was barely an audible murmur in the background so there might be something to the music thing. The workout was fine, but the music was not up to normal standards of barre3 so that is worrisome.

As for the core slider filter, I have to report that it was my bad -- I had another filter on and didn't realize that. So not the fault of the new system. It did come up with 16 when done properly. Sorry for my error.

And yes, the prenatal and also the new post-natals are good and fine for all. I've tried them as well (at 64).

update to note that they corrected the music and now there is decent music with the workout. Apparently there was an error that they corrected. So things may be improving in barre3 land. Kind of bad that they put up a new workout with a glitch in the music in this environment but at least they fixed it.

Last edited by lynnf; 11-04-19 at 05:13 PM. Reason: updated info
Old 11-06-19, 07:26 PM  
lynnf

on barre3 they stated this:

we will release a new weekly workout out every Monday - you’ll see this on the discover tab, noted as ‘today’s workout’. Then, starting in January, we will release a new collection each month consisting of at least 4 new workouts and curated existing classes
Old 11-06-19, 08:13 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
on barre3 they stated this:

we will release a new weekly workout out every Monday - you’ll see this on the discover tab, noted as ‘today’s workout’. Then, starting in January, we will release a new collection each month consisting of at least 4 new workouts and curated existing classes
Hmmm. Do you think that means a combination of new workouts and old ones for a total of four workouts a month? Or 4 new workouts plus some number of older workouts as a collection? These days all of their workouts feel alike to me anyway. Not sure what the significance of a collection would be.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 08:32 PM  
lynnf

I was wondering exactly what they were saying, but I think the collection will have 4 new ones and then some old ones to make up the collection. It seems like the collections have about 7-9 videos in them so it will be made up of at least 4 new ones plus some old ones to come out at the 7-9 grouping.

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming