Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-25-18, 08:40 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

JETSWEAT app

I read about this new app that is supposed to launch on April 1st and stream various fitness classes including ModelFit, Bari Studio, Ting Yoga, Xtend Barre: https://www.jetsweatapp.com/#intro

There is not much information on the site yet but it looks promising!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-19, 09:12 PM  
hotncmom

I just found this because I was searching around trying to figure out what happened to Bari Studio. Looks very interesting! I'm also interested in ModelFit. Looking for workouts to alternate with Ballet Body.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-19, 11:40 PM  
carly

www.jetsweatfitness.com

It is both an IOS app and web-based streaming service. $10/month, $90/year and there is also a free trial available.

I was originally a Bari Studio Newsletter subscriber. It appears that the subscriber list transfered to Jetsweat (June 2018) and those emails have been going to my junk mail. They appear to be up and running and had a Black Friday 2018 sale of 20% off merchandise and membership gift cards.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK! I just realized fuzzie posted this in March of 2018.....so now the question is who has tried it? How are the Bari Studio workouts? Is Bari streaming the classes she teaches at FitHouse Tribeca?
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 07:17 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
www.jetsweatfitness.com

It is both an IOS app and web-based streaming service. $10/month, $90/year and there is also a free trial available.

I was originally a Bari Studio Newsletter subscriber. It appears that the subscriber list transfered to Jetsweat (June 2018) and those emails have been going to my junk mail. They appear to be up and running and had a Black Friday 2018 sale of 20% off merchandise and membership gift cards.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK! I just realized fuzzie posted this in March of 2018.....so now the question is who has tried it? How are the Bari Studio workouts? Is Bari streaming the classes she teaches at FitHouse Tribeca?
That's a pretty good price! I think I'm going to sign up for the free trial and check it out. I did the Bari Peel (online) a couple of years ago and liked it, so I'm curious about what the classes on JetSweat are like.

I'm hoping to subsitute Bari for Dancebody, which I really like, but the subscription is expensive and the workouts are sometimes hard to follow because they're filmed from the back of a class.

The Bari Peel workouts were filmed with one instructor facing the camera. That's my preference (or a small group of 3-4). At the time Yin Yue was one of their instructors. She had fantastic routines which she sold through her brand Yin the Zone for a while. I think there were some issues with music rights and such, and based on a google search I don't think she's a fitness instructore anymore I also feel sorry for the Bari people that they closed their studios.
Old 03-01-19, 06:06 PM  
hotncmom

OK, I am back with an update. I signed up for the free trial of JetSweat and I am really disappointed.

My primary interest was in Bari Studio and ModelFit workouts, but I looked around a good bit at the other stuff.

Each studio partner has only provided a few workouts. For Bari, there are only 7 videos, 4 of which are not full-length. One of the 4 short videos is a 3-minute warmup, for instance. The others are abs, lower body, and a cool-down stretch. The other 3 videos are full-length workouts - 2 are around 30 minutes and one is an hour. And the instructors are just random people. Brice and Alexandria are no where to be seen.

ModelFit only has 6 workouts on the site, the longest of which is 26 minutes. The others are 20 minutes or less.

I guess if you are not looking to be dedicated to a particular method and you just want to try a bunch of stuff, this would be a good site to join. There are close to 20 studio partners, including the Dailey Method. The rest I've never heard of. At only $10/month (after the free trial) it's pretty inexpensive though.

Will not be extending beyond free trial. And I'm waiting patiently for Bari to re-emerge with an online platform of their own.
Old 03-02-19, 05:36 PM  
hotncmom

Update 2: I tried a ModelFit workout today and loved it! I'm definitely not going to extend JetSweat beyond the free trial, but I'm going to sign up for the ModelFit trial. I'm doing Ballet Body right now but adding other stuff as well. I'm curious about their Cardio and Cardio Sculpt classes.
Old 03-02-19, 06:20 PM  
carly

Hotncmom, thanks for reporting back. I currently have limited time to devote to workouts - so I appreciate your research.

Looks like JetSweat is one of the online services that the well known instructors only provide a few workouts which serve as "advertisement" for their brand and to increase their client base elsewhere....ie. Modelfit.

I too wish Bari and/or Yin Yue would re-emerge on a good live platform.....and facing the camera 👍
Old 03-02-19, 09:42 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Hotncmom, thanks for reporting back. I currently have limited time to devote to workouts - so I appreciate your research.

Looks like JetSweat is one of the online services that the well known instructors only provide a few workouts which serve as "advertisement" for their brand and to increase their client base elsewhere....ie. Modelfit.

I too wish Bari and/or Yin Yue would re-emerge on a good live platform.....and facing the camera 👍
I thought that Bari was going to launch an online platform. There was mention of it on Instagram on Oct 1 and then all of their social media posting just stopped. They have a starter website up for Bari TV but if you try to sign up it goes nowhere. Such a bummer!

http://www.bari.tv/
Old 03-03-19, 01:43 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I thought that Bari was going to launch an online platform. There was mention of it on Instagram on Oct 1 and then all of their social media posting just stopped. They have a starter website up for Bari TV but if you try to sign up it goes nowhere. Such a bummer!

http://www.bari.tv/
The Bari TV webpage has a 2019 Copyright.....so maybe it is still a possibility...but it may take awhile...Bari seems very busy.

Bari (Alexandra Bonetti) recently had her second child and has also launched Talent/Hack. If successful Talent/Hack could become the "LinkedIn" for the fitness industry.

https://la-confidential-magazine.com/talent-hack-launch

Also, check out Instagram sites "thetalenthack" and "yayabonetti".

I plan to keep this on my radar.

Tags
jetsweat, modelfit