Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-18, 09:49 AM  
pharma_gal

Where is the users guide? It should have been posted by now.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-18, 09:57 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Last night an SNM person posted that it was "almost done". Hope it is available later today.
Old 01-08-18, 01:24 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

From Cathe's weekly newletter today:

Happy New Year Everyone! Since so many of you ordered the Fit Split workouts I thought I would do a solid Fit Split rotation this month. If you don’t have the Fit Split series, please enjoy one of my past rotations. We hope to have the Fit Split rotation in the user’s guide with links later this week, but we have already posted this rotation on our website in the rotations section of our Blog for you to use.

Fit Split is also now available on Cathe OnDemand, Roku as well as Fire TV and Apple TV and all of our other apps. We're currently putting the finishing touches on the Fit Split User's Guide and will post it shortly. We have also loaded most of the Fit Split information into the Workout Manager, but still have some bugs to work out regarding the rotations.
[bolding mine]
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-18, 01:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Thanks adawn. I'm going to take a look at the rotation, although I'm in round 2 of doing the workouts using my own, random rotation. I'm sure there have been delays due to the storm and people having other things to deal with. I know that we haven't gotten mail since last Wednesday and found the last 5 days of newspapers in our driveway this morning.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-18, 02:11 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Good to know. I am kinda looking forward to this one and I don't like boxing workouts. Cathe usually makes it a little more fun. I still love Cardio Kicks, it's my favorite kickboxing along with Amy's Kickbox Surge.
I hope you'll enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Great ! thank you.
You're welcome Helen, I hope you'll yours soon!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-18, 03:02 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I've now done three out of four discs in their entirety, and have decided I love this weight work more than I've loved any weight I've bought in years. Hate the cardio, so the real shame is that she doesn't make any circuit premixes, because I could have dealt with it in that format. But she didn't have to, because I can't keep one without the other.

Donna H
Old 01-08-18, 03:10 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
This series is probably the beginning of the end of her producing DVDs. From the bulk of the reviews, it sounds like a halfhearted effort. I would love it if she put out another traditional strength workout, maybe an extended version of burn sets or muscle meltdowns, with a focus on traditional, safe exercises that go at a slow, safe pace with tons of form pointers. I don’t think that will happen though.

Sadly, I can no longer do her cardio because it’s too hard on my joints. Her strength offerings are too fast paced for me to use heavier weights and I’m not of fan of making them complicated with combining weights with bands, the ball as a weight bench, etc. I realize a lot of people love that so there is a market for it. Viva la difference. Thankfully, I can do paper workouts.
Probably her and everyone. I'll probably be moving in the next five years, and, maybe then I can set something up that accommodates streaming, but right now, I have a dedicated set up with an old 32" TV that works great and can accommodate both VHS (which I still use) and DVD. If I want streaming workouts, I have to use my phone or my husband's iPad and it's not nearly as satisfying. I know it's behind the times, but it's what I got.

Donna H
Old 01-08-18, 03:22 PM  
poohpeggy

I'm right with you on using dvd and vhs player. I don't have a cell phone, ipad etc. to stream from. I'm to unfocused to read up on the best way to stream tv & Cathes workouts.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-18, 03:33 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohpeggy View Post
I'm right with you on using dvd and vhs player. I don't have a cell phone, ipad etc. to stream from. I'm to unfocused to read up on the best way to stream tv & Cathes workouts.
I have compatible TVs in other areas of the house, but a big tube TV in my workout space that I can't see getting rid of when I have so many VHS and DVD workouts.

Donna H
Old 01-08-18, 08:58 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
where is the users guide? It should have been posted by now.
☝️

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, fit split, fit split reviews