Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-17, 12:56 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I could have bought a Fit Tower at the roadtrip in July, for $99. I have been regretting not buying it, but I can't figure out if I really need it or if my mind is clouded by vidiocy. In other threads, I posted that I was not buying one because although I like the advanced DVD's, I can do them using equipment I own. The more I thought about it, though, the more I realized that my improvisation is not as good as using the actual Fit Tower. I was thinking of getting rid of the barre I have now and replacing it with the Fit Tower. There is no way I can find room for both barres. I believe that the Fit Tower will come down below $99, in time. So for now I will wait. $150 is a lot of money for equipment that only has a few DVD's to use with it. In the past, I have made the mistake of buying equipment with limited DVD's and there is a pound of dust on each (i.e. the Wedge, Plyomat, Ab Roller, the square step that had a curved top, etc).

I watched Cathe on QVC, in the archived recording, and she was great. She has a good voice for TV. She demonstrated very simple movements.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 06:21 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I am also thinking of replacing my barre with this. It looks good for pullups etc as well as barre moves. I wish she would put her fit tower workouts on her deal of the day for a while. The ones on cathe.com. It would be a few more workouts to go with the equipment.
Old 09-22-17, 06:29 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Joni, I am forever forgetting my passwords (no matter what the site.) I honestly rarely shop at QVC anymore, so was struggling with that very thing, LOL! It didn't stop me from pulling the trigger, though.
It didn't stop me either....I just got on the phone and called instead!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 10:43 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I took it as a sign - as if I didn't already know that I absolutely don't need a Fit Tower. I already have the DVDs and do just fine without it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 10:50 AM  
clerkin11

I caved and got one. I had the same hesitation as others but then seeing Cathe there and thinking about what I could do with it and the price looked good.... Well, it's on it's way now and I'm excited.
If I thought I could get it for $99 I would have waited (maybe). That was a fantastic deal!!
I'm hoping there are deals on the fit tower dvd's by black friday time.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 12:23 PM  
poohpeggy

Amen. Cathe had to guide that whole segment. I think the "down blankets " weren't selling, so they cut Cathe segment short. I am not watching "The Shop" . IMO, it was not informative at all. Cathe was a Pro, maneuvering around the host talking.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 03:16 PM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohpeggy View Post
Amen. Cathe had to guide that whole segment. I think the sheets weren't selling so they cut Cathe segment short. I am not watching "The Shop" . IMO, it was not informative at all. Cathe was a Pro, maneuvering around the host talking.
I totally agree! The segment was extremely short.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 05:22 PM  
MoFirmer

Oh seriously why do I open these threads!!!

I hadn't even looked at the Fit Tower before now. I have been wanting to incorporate more barre workouts in my routine.... so.... talk to me about this product. Do I need the advanced dvds if I go for this? LOL!

I'd LOVE to hear reviews from anyone who has one!
Old 09-22-17, 05:44 PM  
TriciaR
VF Supporter

I caved for the Fit Tower also. I wish the QVC host had let Cathe do more of the talking. They did not get time to show enough exercises to get a sense of the versatility.
I already have the Fluidity bar and do not like using it for the advanced dvds. It is also heavier and a bigger space hog than the tower so I will get rid of it.
I will probably store it over my step when not using it.
Tricia
TriciaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-17, 02:45 PM  
marki64

There is a movie with Jennifer Lawrence (forgot the name) where she invents a mop and works to get her spot on a shopping channel. She only got a little window to demonstrate her product and it wasn't selling so they kicked her off. Maybe that's why her time was so short. I never watch QVC or any shopping channel, so I don't know if it operates the same these days. But maybe if it's doesn't generate enough sales, it goes to the next product.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote