Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-17, 05:58 PM  
bubbles76

Sending ((((hugs))))! So sorry for what you've been through. I've never had bronchitis, but my sister did. It took her quite some time to recover. She now has a sexy voice though Be kind to yourself and your body. Definitely don't beat yourself up mentally. Do what you can and let time take care of the rest.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-17, 11:28 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

(((((Sherry))))). I agree that you should recover completely before you jump back in. Something gentle would be great!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 03:49 PM  
poohpeggy

I would just start back with beginner workouts. Your stamina and capabilities will come back before you know it. I've had to restart many times. That is why I keep beginners workouts. Working your lungs will help get all the crap out so as long as your not over doing it, go for it. Baby steps. I hope you feel better soon.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 04:39 PM  
AnMrsDe

Feel better Sherry! Take it easy....maybe housework and yard work is enough right now. I've been "spring cleaning" my house (just have the kitchen to finish up and I'm done!) the past two months and found that I am totally beat at the end of the day (and I'm not even sick). (((Hugs))) to you...you always have such nice comments for everyone else on the forum...now it's your turn!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 06:14 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Feel better, Sherry!

Both my husband and I had bronchitis this year, and it took alot out of both of us. It's when I started doing gentle yoga more often as I just didn't have the energy for anything but that.

Take it slow, maybe just do something 5-10 minutes at most for awhile, and keep it really low-key. Your body will tell you when it's ready for more.

T

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-17, 03:59 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I was sick with bronchitis for over two weeks. I attempted a Soul Sweat dance class yesterday, and lasted all of ten minutes. It is so discouraging to go from an hour of cardio to not making it to even fifteen minutes! My energy level is still pretty low and I still have a lingering cough.

I did a half hour of gentle floor yoga this morning instead of attempting cardio again. I did not cough at all. At least it was something.

I need some encouragement for getting my stamina back-any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!
Sherry
SO sorry to hear you've been so ill.
You can do it - just build back up slowly. Thinks like this happen all the time. Do a little Bellydancing? Pick out some of your favorite non-dread workouts?
You can't go wrong with Yoga. In time your endurance will come back.

Listen to the little voice that sounds like me when it says "you can do it - get up and just start".

HUGS and love. Get well soon girl!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-17, 04:21 PM  
cherimac

Sherry, the last time I got the flu I didn't exercise for a month. For two weeks after being sick I just had zero energy for it after taking care of three kids and my house, etc. I did a Powerfit rotation-one a day. For about a month. And I walked my dog. It takes time to recover. Be gentle with yourself.
Old 06-16-17, 07:52 AM  
dnna

You are really doing well, but when it is your body, your energy level, your cough - it doesn't seem like it. Bronchitis is tough! the hit to your body is really very debilitating. Please believe me when I say you are doing really really well.
a 2 week rotation of power fit sounds great to me. also, if you can, break up your workouts to 2 very short and gentle workouts a day. or take an afternoon rest, read, watch a show, nap. you will get better faster by resting and good self care than trying to workout too soon, and too hard.
You won't lose any of your gains. i speak from experience. I have just been doing yoga due to bronchitis and injuries, but my muscle definition is amazing. I just started chair cardio/weights and I can easily do it. so take heart, you are on the mend! and you will be fine.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-17, 03:11 PM  
JENILU

Sending much love a second time

If you are up to it at all, Jessica Smith's walk and stretch on her 21 day DVD set is very nice when I am not feeling well but need to get my circulation up a bit.

Since i am not able to do much yoga anymore, I have also been getting a lot of use out of this nice lady's youtube page. If you like Qi at all:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq6...n5-ccJ5Nm6Mcdg

It has been so nice.

I did this one today, and I think most, if not all, could be modified to a chair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GtFp6sz5zM

For me, i have to move a little in order to feel better (unless very dizzy or nauseous), but i agree your body is telling you to rest. I only shared these because i feel they are very restorative.

{{BIG HUGS}}

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 07:09 PM  
horsemom2

I love the Qigong you shared Jen!
Thanks

I, too, always feel better if I find some way to move.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote