Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-17, 12:33 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
... All online communities ebb, flow, and change over the years. Overall, this is a really nice community. The level of controversy and rancor here is FAR FAR lower than most online communities I've seen or been part of. I've enjoyed being part of VF since 2001 and I plan to be part of it as long as it's around. Big thanks to Wendy and the moderators for keeping VF the pleasant place I find it to be.
Agree with this. For a while I participated in a discussion forum that was a spin-off of the old M&F Hers forum after Joe Weider sold it. In no time the women formed cliques and there were more arguments than fitness discussions. VF is a really great community, thank you Wendy and moderators.
Old 02-07-17, 01:00 PM  
SweatyGirl
VF Supporter

ditto! I find VF a wonderful respite from the FB messiness. I like that I can do searches, find advice and recommendations, and see a nice community here. Thank you, Thank you!
Old 02-07-17, 02:21 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post

All online communities ebb, flow, and change over the years. Overall, this is a really nice community. The level of controversy and rancor here is FAR FAR lower than most online communities I've seen or been part of. I've enjoyed being part of VF since 2001 and I plan to be part of it as long as it's around. Big thanks to Wendy and the moderators for keeping VF the pleasant place I find it to be.
I completely agree. I've tried to like a few other fitness related communities, but the rancor, sarcasm and ill will is amazing. One of the worst is the forum at Runner's World. I completely gave up over there. This can be said about any form of social media, especially message boards because of the relative anonymity, but a lot of people think they can be mean and ugly to others online where they wouldn't necessarily behave that way in real life.
Old 02-07-17, 02:36 PM  
Dabbadooey

Cool

The nastiest forums were the Weight Watchers forums. It was shocking to see how they treated new people who came aboard to ask questions. Thankfully WW finally did away with those forums.
Old 02-07-17, 03:06 PM  
cherimac

I am sort of in my niche now. I only use one instructor and walk about 99% of the time. I enjoy my check ins but tend to be more active in my FB group and with IG because it's easier. FB is nice for me now that I unfollowed so many people who post about politics.
Old 02-07-17, 04:19 PM  
zippity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Zippity! So glad to have you back! I remember your post about how you got your VF name. I thought it was such a cute, cute story.

Welcome back. Please visit often.

Kim
Hello! Nice to "see" you too! It's good to be back!
Old 02-07-17, 04:21 PM  
zippity

Actually, I think this forum is pretty nice. You should see the arguments we get into on our homeschooling forum. They always use correct grammar and spelling though!
Old 02-07-17, 04:33 PM  
rvagal

I don't know if it was user error but I joined a while ago and have tried to post intermittently for months with no success. It would always say my profile hadn't been approved yet and no emails were returned when I tried to follow up. So maybe other new members are having this issue too? I was so excited when I saw I could post today!

(Of course this may entirely be an issue on my end.)
Old 02-07-17, 05:21 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippity View Post
Actually, I think this forum is pretty nice. You should see the arguments we get into on our homeschooling forum. They always use correct grammar and spelling though!
This is so good to hear. I somehow fumbled on a homeschooler's blog and was astounded by the bad grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Because that had not been my experience with home schooling parents, I wondered how much support she had been getting in her homeschooling efforts.
Old 02-07-17, 06:04 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippity View Post
Haha! Now I'm wondering if you're on the same homeschool forum I frequent. (WTM) There are some doozie-threads over there!
Closed Thread