Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-16, 05:17 PM  
rheash92

Cathe ICE Question - MM & BB and Lower Body

How to incorporate the Muscle Meltdowns and Blizzard Blasts with the main workouts? Also if you did the MM by themselves what is good lower body DVD to use which is relatively heavier weights with no cardio component? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 08:48 PM  
NorthernStar

I am incorporating the Muscle Meltdowns here and there where I want some extra work on a particular muscle group. I am getting in the triceps one at least once a week, since that's the area I need to bring "up to speed" as it were. I haven't done any by themselves, but I like adding them when I feel like it.

So far with the Blizzard Blasts, I'm also adding them in at the end where I feel like it. If I do a shorter premix of a workout, I'll add the Blizzard Blast to round it out and make it a more intense workout.

Both add-ons are really flexible with adding them in. The official rotation incorporates both but you can mix and match with them to get the workout you're looking for.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 09:12 PM  
lesia

Take a look at the extensive premixes and plan from there. The first week, I just did the main workouts adding on the MM. The next week, I might pick a premix and try something different.

Cathe really hit the ball out of the park with ICE. Lots of choices to have a different workout each and every time (if you choose)

Have fun!
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 09:34 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Here are some ideas that have been discussed at Cathe's forum

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/dream...r-legs.302937/

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 09:35 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

What if you did the legs only premix of STS Total Body? 22 minutes and your legs are fried.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 09:50 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Also if you did the MM by themselves what is good lower body DVD to use which is relatively heavier weights with no cardio component? Thanks!
You can try Cathe's: 1. Total Body Trisets - lower body split or the lower body premixes, 2. Gym Style Legs - the 32 minute premix or 3. STS Total Body- lower body premix
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 11:03 AM  
marmact

I found STS Total Body to be way too fast, personally, but I have used her LB Trisets workout many, many times. To me that is one of her best lower body workouts. I'd also suggest Butts & Guts, which is older but probably one of her best lower body workouts. Lots of premixes and different ways to use it. The standing lower body workout premix is terrific.
Old 01-18-16, 12:03 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

How about skipping the cardio portions of the Lower Body workout from the ICE series? You could even repeat some of the sets.

I've used the Workout Blender to make a longish total body workout out from the MM's and the lower body workout minus the cardio. I added in the bonus legs portions from Butts and Guts (Leg Press and Sit and Stands) to the end of the legs portion and I loved it.

Very good strength work!!
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote