Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-24, 03:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I think my thread notifications might still be a bit inconsistent. :/

Sandra, hope you are okay today.

Jose sent me the Zoom video recording from our meeting. It's interesting to see what things she said actually looked like in my body! Also it's nice to refer back to since I can struggle to recall details at times.

Happy Tuesday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-24, 07:17 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Thanks everyone for your concern. As I noted previously, we didn't get a ton of rain like they did in L.A. -- it was the winds that caused all the outage problems!

Today's Workout: After my usual PT exercises I decided to try a walking workout, and chose the "Energy Boost" mile from Jessica Smith's 5 Mix & Match Miles. Wow, haven't used this DVD in forever! Unfortunately it was a little too intense for my compromised knees so I bailed about halfway through. Next time I think I might do better with one of Jessica's Walk & Talk miles from YouTube. I then returned to Jessica's Gentle Stretch & Mobility DVD, doing the 15-minute Sunset Stretch. Unlike the Sunrise Stretch this was mostly on the floor. I had to modify some but overall it felt really good! I am so, so tight -- I have a bad case of Stiff Old Lady Syndrome!

The reason I did a walking workout today is I just bought Jessica Smith's newest DVD which has two walking routines on it. I don't *need* yet another walking DVD lol, but I had an Amazon gift card so I didn't spend anything out of pocket.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-24, 09:44 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Popping in to wave to everyone. I've gotten the server busy signal several times in the past few days. I'm still playing with my Cellerciser, enjoying it and feeling good. With the evening walking with DH, I'm managing to get in a good daily step count.

Gotta get ready for work--hope everyone is having a good week!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-24, 10:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sandra, thank you for checking in. I'm relieved to hear you are safe and hope you stay that way. Poor California, from constant drought and wildfires to being constantly deluged.

I "went back" to my Tuesday yin yoga class via Zoom last night. Not only was it still too cold for me to find parking, but that street is still partially closed off due to an epic church collapse. I missed the in-person element but it was still wonderful to be instructed by one of my favorite teachers instead of a YouTube star.

I hope you are all well. Everyone have a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-24, 12:51 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: To the gym for stationary biking and my usual collection of weight machines for a total body workout.

My area has one more blast of rain today, but then a string of dry days. Can't wait!

Pat58: I love my home state, but California is definitely a land of extremes! What is an "epic church collapse?"

Paine: Did Disneyland ever happen? My brother says he heard they got flooded.

Waving to all!

Old 02-07-24, 03:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

I got home late last night after a fun girls weekend.

Sandra - I’m glad you aren’t in the flood zone! I find walking workouts can irritate my hip which is odd because walking outdoors does not. I admire your dedication to keeping up your mobility before your surgery.

Pat - Yes, what happened with the church collapse?

Beth - I doubt you’ll get any consistent subscription notifications any time soon. VF is somewhat improved at times, but unless someone can give it a major overhaul, we will continue to have intermittent issues. I regularly have trouble getting on and I still think it could just collapse one day. So unfortunately it is what it is!

Gale - Do you prefer the Cellerciser over the Bellicon?

Waving to everyone!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-24, 10:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Beth - I doubt you’ll get any consistent subscription notifications any time soon. VF is somewhat improved at times, but unless someone can give it a major overhaul, we will continue to have intermittent issues. I regularly have trouble getting on and I still think it could just collapse one day. So unfortunately it is what it is!
I didn't today and you are probably right - I should stop complaining about it.

When I do get here, I haven't had as many issues posting - occasionally I'll get a server too busy message at night, but I haven't been getting the errors at least.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-24, 11:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts, lower body focus:
~40 min Neighbourhood walk
~BellyFit: Roots, Glutes, Arms, & Abs
~3 sets of Pilates core stability leg exercises with my DIY Pilates wall
~Stretchy yin session, 2-4 minute holds

Beth - I seem to get server busy messages more in the morning, probably because more people are on the site.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-24, 09:21 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today:
Bendy Body (Stretching the Legs & Hips practice)

Yesterday my DH and I went to Disneyland with our daughter's family. We enjoyed seeing how much fun our grandsons had there. It lightly sprinkled there for just a few minutes so fortunately we didn't have to deal with a lot of rain and I was happy about that. It was surprising how crowded it was there and it's not even summer or a holiday.

Pam, I think it's wonderful that you travel to get together with your dear friends.

Gale, like Pam, I want to know if you prefer your Cellerciser over your Bellicon!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-24, 10:48 AM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Will be functional fitness at the food closet. I'm volunteering there on Thursdays through February 29. After that I'll take a break until I'm sufficiently recovered from my knee surgery.

If anyone hasn't seen it, there's more discussion about the future of VF in General Discussion section (see the poll thread).

Paine: Glad you and your family got to go to Disneyland after all! It is such a special place for kids.

Waving to all!