Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-24, 04:55 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Land's End and LL Bean...

Back in the day, I used to love receiving catalogs from these two companies. (Not Eddie Bauer that was way too expensive for me.)

I used to buy quite a few things, clothing and home goods from both stores. I knew the sizes that fit me and knew what to order. I haven't ordered from either in quite a long time.

Today, I wasted way too much time checking out both of their websites and was fairly disappointed. Colors and sizes are limited. Too many items are out of stock. Even the sale prices are nothing to write home about. The prices are still very high, yet folks say that the quality has gone downhill markedly in recent years.

I just tried to use a coupon code I received in the mail from Land's End and it didn't work properly.

I was so disappointed after wasting so much time that I just emptied my cart and logged off.

It's a shame when once great companies go downhill.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 06:31 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

LLBean still has my favorite percale sheets and flannel sheets. I also like their men's flannel robes (I get a new one every 2-3 years). It's kind of a thin flannel unless you get the lined kind. My mom likes LL Bean's women's long fleece robes though the slightly older fleece robe she has from them is just slightly better quality than the newer one (she rotates between the two).

The supima cotton tops I recently got for my mom from LLBean are really great quality.

I ended up getting her some yoga/casual capris from Land's End that are nice quality but I only got them because it was through the Kohl's website and so easy returns of what she didn't like. I found the sizing on some of the Land's End tops we tried could be slightly inconsistent, i.e. the same shirt, same style and size in a different color on one was tighter.

FWIW, I much prefer navigating LLBean's website even though there are rarely any sales or discounts. Land's End is just too confusing to navigate which is why I only buy from them if it's through the Kohl's website. Both sites are often backordered for certain colors/styles which can be annoying if you need something right away.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 07:31 PM  
Gams

I still get catalogs from both and have gotten some really good sales prices and free shipping. The quality of the items I’ve received has been good. I got some really, really nice capris that I love for a very good price. My main problem is that when talking about the 2 companies, I get them mixed up so don’t ask me which one I got the capris from - I think it was Land’s End.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 07:35 PM  
wendug

I received a Land's End winter down jacket for Christmas from my mom and the quality is not what it has been in year's past. My Land's End jackets from 10 years ago are warmer and have nicer features. Yes, you are right that companies have been skimping on quality. To use a term that made it to Webster's dictionary this year- It is the "en****tification" of companies. I tried to put a link to the wiki page for en****tification, but VF doesn't like it. It was initially coined to refer to digital platforms and how they become worse and worse to users, but really you can apply it to companies that choose cheaper materials to make more money for the stockholders.
Old 02-17-24, 07:54 PM  
ChelePA

Land’s End was my go to for many many years. Quality has definitely changed, sadly. I can get the same for much cheaper.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clothes, clothing, lands end, llbean, off topic, off-topic