Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-29-24, 01:54 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

BODi Now Selling Individual Programs!

I just got an email today saying that BODi (formerly Beachbody) will begin selling individual programs as downloads without needing a BODi subscription! Here is the main text of the email:

For the first time you can buy and download BODi fitness programs!*

No subscription or shelf space needed to grab your favorite BODi programs!

With Digital Purchases, you can now buy and download some of the most popular BODi programs! You get the workouts, the program materials, the calendars…everything you need for a lifetime of results—you buy it once and you can play it in the app, download, and stream it—all without a subscription.

Check out the just-released programs below, and be on the lookout for more coming soon!

Right now it looks like the first programs they are offering are the original P90X, 21 Day Fix, LIIFT4, and 80 Day Obsession.

Here is the link to where it takes you when you click "Learn More" in the email:
https://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/u..._20240329_US_X

It takes you to a page where you can purchase these programs, and these 4 are $59.95 each.

This seems like a move in a good direction. The email says at the end to stay tuned for more programs to drop as digital purchases every month. Hopefully a large part of their library will end up being available this way!
Old 03-29-24, 02:24 PM  
Vantreesta

That's awesome!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-29-24, 03:30 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

It does seem like a positive step overall and gives nonsubscribers more options. However, I still prefer the model (e.g. Cathe's) where if you buy the download, you save it to your computer and don't need an account or app to access (even if the account or access is free). Using the BODi account probably makes it easier to utilize the program's rotation or whatever, but what if BODi some day goes bankrupt and there is no way to access the purchases, even through a free account?

I could also be misunderstanding:

"You do need an active BODi account to access, stream, and start building your own personal library of programs."

https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10200

But it does say, "Yes! On the BODi app, you can download workouts to stream without WiFi" and then when you click on learn more, it goes to this page:

https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answer.../catid/0/TLP/0

I still would like to know (out of curiosity) if the downloads are permanent once downloaded to your computer. For instance, before traveling, I'll usually download Netflix show episodes to my phone so I can watch them even if I lose wifi on the plane or in the airport. However, eventually the Netflix downloads expire so the episodes won't play anymore unless redownloaded. And you have to have the Netflix app on your phone to download and play them. Makes total sense with Netflix (I'm not complaining), but for workouts, I really would want it to be "forever" and me owning it outside of their app.

So I guess I'm just wondering exactly how BODi's downloads will work-whether you will own them completely independently once purchased and downloaded (or not).
Old 03-29-24, 04:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hope this rising tide lifts other boats (i.e., other instructors/companies follow suit... we can only wish).

I'd consider getting the newish dance one by Shaun T.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 03-29-24, 07:13 PM  
laurajhawk

Thanks for sharing! I love LIIFT4 and will consider buying it this way.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 03-30-24, 09:49 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Awesome move! Please report back if you buy. I'm interested in LIIFT4 or 80 day Obsession.
Old 03-30-24, 10:43 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Awesome move! Please report back if you buy. I'm interested in LIIFT4 or 80 day Obsession.
I'm not really interested in the ones they have available right now (and I pretty much own all the ones that were sold on DVD already) but I know a lot of us here have been wishing for this business model from them!

I would like to purchase 10 Rounds if becomes available, as well as the new Shaun T program, Dig Deeper. I imagine it will be a while before that one becomes available, though.
Old 03-31-24, 07:30 AM  
suzanne63

I have been wanting the Barre Blend Program for awhile now. I won't have the money to get it for awhile. I hope they do this for a long time.
Old 03-31-24, 12:41 PM  
suzanne63

Oh. I am so excited. It says this will be released September. I have awhile to figure out how I can get this and afford it and how it will work.----September Barre Blend: September 3, 2024

Will I be able to download these to my desktop computer? If my computer dies will I have to buy it again?
Old 03-31-24, 03:43 PM  
T2B

This is great news! Thanks for sharing!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19

Tags
bbod, beachbody, bodi