Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-23, 09:42 AM  
T2B

Total Max Mixers for June 2023

Hi All,

A new month, this year is flying by…

This morning, TURBO FIRE: Fire 45 + Hiit 25.

I’ve changed my mind again after reading some of Cathe’s responses on Facebook to her question yesterday.. A Cathlete that is doing the 8 week rotation said that her goal is fat loss and Cathe’s response “As for your training goals, yes the 8 week rotation and good nutrition will certainly help get you there. But if fat loss is more your goal than strength training, I would suggest doing weeks 1-4 and then for weeks 5 & 6 re-do the total body strength workouts and then for weeks 7 & 8 finish out with the single body part workouts as listed in the rotation.”

My main goal is fat loss while maintaining the muscles that I do have, so I’m going to try the 8 week rotation and see how it goes.

JB - Good job with Rev’d Up Rumble and yoga. Maybe I should look into dumbbell handles? I have lots of plates, it’s great that you have a nice selection of weights.

Karjoy, Vannie, Gibbee, Cher - Hi!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 06:26 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical + STS 2.0 Mobility workout #1. I liked this workout. I felt very stretched out afterwards.

T2B - Thanks for getting us started for June. I totally forgot we are supposed to start a new thread. Thanks for the info on Cathe's suggestion too. I don't do Facebook so completely missed that. I was eyeing the 8-week rotation myself yesterday. Maybe next week my arm would be good enough to try lifting again.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 08:03 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I did 40 minutes on the mill tonight. I am liking the treadmill more each time. No weather worries, I have a fan blowing on me, I can get as much water as I like and take bathroom breaks when I choose.

T2B, I like that rotation. Are you good at sticking with the rotation till it’s done? I sometimes get bored.

Vannie have you decided how you want to use STS2?

Jbliff, hope your arm gets better soon as I know you love lifting.

Waves to Cher and Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 08:10 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was ICE To the Mat Legs & Glutes. Thank goodness there's a workout with no weights involved!

Karjoy
- I am so bored with just doing cardio. I'm toying with doing something like a barre workout that uses light weights. If I do STS 2.0 with light weights I feel like I'm wasting my time since there aren't enough reps to be challenging.

T2B - I got my foam roller from Amazon yesterday. I want to try one of the STS 2.0 roller workouts, but nothing is sore right now so I will have to wait until I lift heavy again.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 06-02-23, 01:16 PM  
T2B

Happy Friday Y’all!

Today, I did STS 2.0: Giant Sets Total Body - I liked this one a lot and I appreciate the abbreviated stretches. I was going to do Active Recovery but I NOPED right out of it. Starts with Inch worms and I fast forwarded and saw surrenders? Nope. I wrote a big Nope on my index card as a reminder that it is not for me. Anyway, I wrote my weight selections on the work sheets the night before so I was able to keep up with Cathe & crew, breathing hard and all. Looking ahead to Weeks 4 & 5, I’m going to do a 8-day Workout Week. So 1. LB1 2. Cardio 3. UB1 4. Cardio 5. LB2 6. Cardio 7. UB2 8. Rest day.

karjoy - I’m really good about sticking to the weight workouts in a rotation. I like a little more flexibility with cardio. Summer is my least favorite season so some years I really struggle with motivation.

JB - Barre sounds good, metabolic or boot camps, the best of both cardio & weights and you don’t have to use heavy weights. I agree that doing STS 2.0 with light weights may feel like a waste of time. They’ll be there when you’re ready. I hope your healing continues. Do you think PT would help? So are we to only use the foam roller when sore?

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 06-03-23, 08:44 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. I went to Burn last evening for Back and Glutes. This was a great workout with time enough to go heavy if you wanted. I think I might do STS 2 total body giant sets UB and just skip back . We’ll see.

Jbliff how about Cathe’s Turbo Barre? The warm up is 20 minutes or so and works all upper body parts quite nicely with just 5#. Then do whatever of the leg Barre sections you want. I agree: cardio alone gets so darn boring after a while.

T2B I have trouble with motivation in the summer too. Really too hot here to do anything outdoors after 5:00 am. Sheesh! I got a kick when I read you trying one of the Mobilities in STS 2. Sometimes you just know right away!

Have a great Saturday all!
Old 06-03-23, 11:19 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical + STS 2.0 Mat Yoga. I liked the yoga practice. It was pretty gentle with no sun salutation in sight. The only tough pose was the lizard pose but even that wasn't too bad.

T2B
- Your reaction to Active Recovery is pretty funny. It definitely is not one of my favorite either but I might do it again some day. I always think of foam rolling as being needed for sore muscles but I guess if you've had a particularly tough workout you could do a quick foam rolling session to stretch the muscles. Glad you liked Giant Sets. That is probably my favorite so far out of the STS 2.0 workouts I've done.

Karjoy - Turbo barre sounds good. I don't usually reach for it because it's so long but I think there are shorter premixes.

Hi to everyone. Have a great day.
Old 06-03-23, 12:00 PM  
T2B

Hi All,

I got my 25 # dumbbells yesterday. My instructions were that they be left on the front porch but I completely understand that they were left in front of my garage. The delivery person would have had to walk up 8 steps to get to my front porch. Anyway, the dumbbells were packed tightly in a single box. When I opened the box, I was like “these are beautiful”. And my next thought was only us v-idiots would probably call weights beautiful.

This morning I did TURBO FIRE: Hiit 25 & Fire 60. Always a good time with Chalene and crew. I didn’t feel as exhausted last night after doing Giant Sets yesterday, maybe I'm acclimating to the workouts? . BTW, I’m not on Facebook either but sometimes Cathe leaves her account open so that everyone can read it.

JB - Glad that you enjoyed Mat Yoga. No sun salutations? I'm in.

Karjoy - great job at Burn, is it close to your house?

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Old 06-04-23, 08:51 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a long walk in the morning and LIS Turbo Barre in the afternoon. I did about 48 minutes of Turbo Barre, skipping the barre section in the middle of the workout. I only used 5-lb weights but my biceps were still hurting during the workout. They're not too bad today though. I may just take a complete rest day today.

T2B - Yes, only a VFer would find a set of weights beautiful!

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 06-04-23, 06:07 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I just lost a nice post. Sorry guys. I will catch up tomorrow.

Cycled 17 easy miles today and ran 20 minutes.