Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-23, 05:05 PM  
ardnas

I've watched a bunch of Kdramas lately, here are just a few recent ones I enjoyed...

The Package - about a group of S Koreans who fly to France and take a package bus tour. Will make you feel like you are traveling with them. Made me think of the 1969 movie If This Is Tuesday This Must Be Belgium. Trailer & fan made music video highlights romance of guide, but show also tells stories of all tourists on bus.

The Sound of Your Heart (2016) - read so many good reviews saying you will laugh every ep, and we certainly did. DH & I really enjoyed this show, loved the crazy family! Was seeking something fun & light, this was perfect. Only 8 eps. Might help to have some knowledge of Korean culture and Asian poop humor lol. Beware this was so popular Netflix made a 2018 reboot (that has bad reviews). The original w/ Kwang Soo formerly of Running Man is hilarious!

Summer Strike - young female gets fed up, quits job, leaves city, takes year off to do nothing in a small town. She hangs out at the library, gets a dog, and goes jogging. Super slow yet sweet romance that evolves into murder mystery surrounding her love interest. If you liked Hometown Cha Cha Cha, you may like this. -Once Upon a Small Town is in the same vein, but a male vet goes to small town to work at uncle's practice and falls in love. IMHO Hometown Cha Cha Cha is best, then Summer Strike, then Once Upon a Small Town.

Racket Boys - lots of fitness in this show - badminton, workouts, practices, competitions. Only other show I've seen with more fitness is Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo. Mainly features boys team, but does show some of the female team/players/competitions. About more than that though - first love, friends, family, community.

Glitch - while I am generally not fond of Netflix Kdramas (this does have most of the things I HATE about them - sex scene [in 1rst ep], guns & violence w/ 1 explicit shooting, American product placement, a lot of swearing, I did still enjoy this one. I read about it in an article about Kdramas that pass the Bechdel test (2 main female characters that talk to each other about things other than a man). In a nutshell, about female friendship, aliens & alien abduction, & a cult. Watch past final credits for ending that answers questions.

Work Later, Drink Now 1 & 2 - about three female friends who drink - a lot. First few eps had me thinking I might quit this show, but then it got heavy & serious, showing their back stories & families + a romance, but would bounce back to silly & fun, and back again. 1 of the main characters is a yoga instructor & season 2 shows some yoga in almost every ep. One of my favorite male S Korean actors Yoon Shi Yoon (see also in fun Kdramas: Psychopath Diary, Flower Boy Next Door, & You Raise Me Up) was in both seasons even though he wasn't in trailers or credited on IMDB, so that was a happy surprise.
Old 05-31-23, 06:38 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
Netflix - FUBAR with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Really entertaining and humorous 8 part series about a father/daughter CIA team.

Paramount - Fatal Attraction with Joshua Jackson. A reimagining of the movie which was actually pretty good except for the very end (which had me shaking my head, lol).

HBO Max - Life & Death with Elizabeth Olsen and Jesse Plemons. Another series about Candy Montgomery who axed another woman to death in 1980. I think this was better than the other series with Jessica Biel.
I plan to watch FUBAR. I've started watching The Clearing on Hulu. There will be 8 episodes but only 3 are available right now and I binge watched those three episodes.
Old 06-01-23, 10:36 AM  
Leonana

Ardnas, thanks for recommending Hometown Cha Cha Cha. Dh and I just finished it. Now I want to live by the ocean I’m South Korea lol.

My daughter recommended Crash Landing on You. I was planning on watching that next.
Old 06-01-23, 11:01 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimikz View Post
Happy Valley. the third and final season is on AMC+ and BBC America. Sarah Lancashire is great as always.

Also Astrid on PBS on-demand was also great . Almost as good as Seaside Hotel.

Mimi

I also loved those two. I'm a history buff so I'm watching FDR on the History channel, and Diary of Anne Frank on National Geographic.

I binge watched the first two seasons of Happy Valley, so will now watch the 3rd.
Old 06-01-23, 03:40 PM  
alisoncooks

Just started Supernatural for when I’m rowing. Idk if I like it. There was a jump scare in the first episode and I didn’t like that, lol. I’ll give it a few more episodes before I decide.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 04:59 PM  
warriorprincess

We're watching Under The Dome and The Practice. I think both are on Paramount+

We always pick two series we like, and watch one of each every night after dinner.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 04:48 AM  
mimikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I also loved those two. I'm a history buff so I'm watching FDR on the History channel, and Diary of Anne Frank on National Geographic.

I binge watched the first two seasons of Happy Valley, so will now watch the 3rd.
Jane P., I saw that there's a complete additional season to Astrid that's been shown in France. Looking forward to when it comes to the U.S.

Mimi
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 09:30 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Just started Supernatural for when I’m rowing. Idk if I like it. There was a jump scare in the first episode and I didn’t like that, lol. I’ll give it a few more episodes before I decide.
I’ve watched a few episodes of Supernatural here and there. DD loves it, but be aware it can be very gory at times.

I’ve finally started watching Ted Lasso.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 09:08 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Check out "The Diplomat" on netflix -- great storyline and casting.
Old 06-03-23, 06:44 AM  
Carol K

I recently finished The Hunter (Italian) and Thou Shalt Not Kill (also Italian). Really enjoyed the former and the second one was obviously cancelled unexpectedly since it ended on a cliff-hanger. Tonight I'm going to finish What to Do When Someone Dies and I'm going to start La Otra Mirada (Spanish).

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, off topic, off-topic