Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-23, 10:39 PM  
Vantreesta

June 2023 Add 'em up Habits & Goals Challenge ~Join us!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals and developing habits to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily habits work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-23, 10:41 PM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's June Goals & Habits

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency. Mental fortitude.

Goals for 2023
1. Prioritize sleep
2. Reestablish and maintain a consistent workout routine
3. Make smarter food choices with a focus on cutting back on sugar and eating more veggies
4. Get back to church attendance and Bible study
5. Read for 23 minutes every day

June Habits to work on to support my goals:
1. Get up no later than 7:30 AM on weekdays (EC for every 15 minutes before 8)
2. Daily meditation and devotional
3. No Sudoku after 10 PM
4. No computer after 10:30 PM
5. Bedtime 11:30 PM (EC for every 15 minutes earlier)
6. No skipping lunch
7. No eating after 10 PM
8. No eating sweets immediately after meals (wait at least 30 min, trying to break a trigger)
9. Workout 70% of the days (21 days)
10. PT exercises 2 days/week
11. Meet weekly minutes goals (10 pts--EC for every half hour beyond goal)
12. Attend church when home (10 pts; 5 if I just watch online)

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. 4 miles a day with Cyric

workout focus: running, lifting, kettlebells, Murph training calendar-plan is to do Murph on July 3

Max possible points: 308 (10.3 avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): 277 (9.2 avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

June 1-4 pts (out of avg 41) ~ %
June 5-11 pts (out of avg 72) ~ %
June 12-18 pts (out of avg 72) ~ %
June 19-25 pts (out of avg 72) ~ %
June 26-30 pts (out of avg 51) ~ %

total for the month: /308 ~ %

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-21-23, 10:59 PM  
Leonana

Here!
Old 05-25-23, 02:40 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's June Goals

Daily for 1 pt each.
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. Declutter
4. dvd, youtube or walk
5. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
6. Gratitude Journal
7. water: 7 glasses
8. Greenhouse/Garden

Possible Points: 279 pts Goal: 251 pts

extra credit 1 pt each:
1. extra walk, dvd, or youtube
2. massage
3. computer break after 20 min

Total Possible pts: 240 Goal: 216

Week One: 53 pts
6/8: 7 pts
6/9: 7 pts
6/10:12 pts
6/11: 5 pts
6/12: 10 pts

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 02:55 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I had to bail on the last week of May, just too much going on. I already feel like I'm off to a better start today. No new goals...I just hope to do better with the ones I have. Here's to June!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 06-01-23, 03:34 PM  
Leonana

I’m doing Jessica Smith’s Build program. I did Day 3 today. It’s quite a bit more challenging than I expected.

I have this week and next week off. I’m enjoying resting up this week, other than workouts and house cleaning, etc.
Old 06-03-23, 10:40 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, sounds lovely to have a couple weeks off where you can just rest.

I didn't make this a goal for this month but I'm trying to figure out my sweet cravings(mainly chocolate). I want to eat something sweet after every meal, even breakfast. I finally researched it and two things came to mind. 1. a bad habit(also triggered by stress) and try breaking it by doing something like a short exercise dvd. 2. I'm not eating something filling enough and so i need to add more protein because that does fill me up. It's about time I did something about this.

Hi Vannie and MT! Have a great day everyone!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 06-05-23, 04:55 PM  
Vantreesta

We spent the holiday weekend with my father-in-law and then Monday drove over to the North Shore and spent Tuesday through Saturday noon in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, canoeing and camping. We hadn't gone since 2019 and it was so good to get out into the wilderness, completely unplugged for a while (although I desperately missed my baseball!). We got home Saturday night and I will not lie, a hot shower, real food and our comfy bed were most welcome! And I made hubby listen to baseball the whole way home. I picked Cyric up yesterday and was so happy to have him back home too. He has been sticking pretty close to me. We really had a nice time. We didn't get to see any moose or bear this time but we did see trumpeter swans, loons, ducks, turtles, a frog, a snake and a very angry red squirrel who we seriously thought was going to jump off the branch onto me! He did not like that I wouldn't let him sneak into our food pack! Oh and the last morning before we headed out we watched a marten swim across the lake and climb up into our campsite. I never knew they look so much like ferrets! It was hot even up there but we only had a little rain so it was nice not to be wet all the time.

Mon 5/29 10 minutes MEMORIAL DAY--UP NORTH
10 minutes (from toe yoga)

Tue 5/30 206 minutes BWCA high 82
206 minutes (from 9.17 mi canoeing & portaging)

Wed 5/31 101 minutes BWCA high 83
101 minutes (from 3.92 mi canoeing & portaging)

Thu 6/1 217 minutes BWCA high 85
217 minutes (from 8.71 mi canoeing & portaging)

Fri 6/2 80 minutes BWCA high 91
80 minutes (from 3.07 mi canoeing & portaging)

Sat 6/3 37 minutes BWCA
37 minutes (from 1.42 mi canoeing & portaging)

Sun 6/4 33 minutes
10 minutes (from toe yoga)
23 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.45 mi)

Old 06-06-23, 01:16 PM  
Leonana

I went out of town up north to visit family. I had a nice trip. The weather is nice up there.

I missed three days of workouts, so started back up today with Build. Lots of isolation work in this. This week is different body parts, today was quadriceps, hamstrings and calves. So far, I'm enjoying this rotation, although I don't know that I'd call it beginner level.

Vannie, I'm glad you had a nice time canoeing and camping. It must have been nice to get away.

Katie, I'm really bad about the sweets. I can eat a salad for dinner, but then I have to have dessert afterwards! Dd came over last night for dinner, and we watch The Great British Baking Show. We always have to have a dessert while we watch it, lol.
Old 06-09-23, 10:25 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I decided to bail on my intermittent fasting goal. With the days so long, our meals are getting more flexible timewise. Overall, goals are doing pretty good.

Vannie, your camping/canoeing trip sounds so nice! Love that you got to see so much water wildlife, especially the swans and loons. I've never seen a loon in real life. I love the sound they make. Did the area have much in the way of mosquitos? We've had so much moisture May and now June that mosquitos have been relentless....something we're not that used to.

Sherry, so glad you had a nice family visit. Is Build a workout you have to get through a streaming service or dvd?? The Great British Baking Show sounds like fun! Is it on HGTV?

I've still been doing mostly youtube exercises. I'd really like to walk more but the rain has kept things pretty soppy. Last night we had a thunder/lightening storm pretty much on top of us. The power went out for about 6 hours and the phone lines were dead for a while too. Things got back to normal pretty quickly by mid morning which was good. Amazingly, the dogs didn't get bothered by the storm.

Do The Next Thing!