Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-23, 02:49 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA goop workout + walking tried one of Marion Brands, just didn't like the playlist, switched to a Keoni (reps to the rhythm) for around 20 min of cardio

lucie - I thought that yoga in the garden of serenity was on youtube but now I can't find it! maybe it was and it got taken down. I really do like that practice, it's hard to find yoga that is pure stretch. glad you are back with us!

waves buzzer and ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-23, 05:49 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up on my workouts this week:

Wednesday: I finally decided I was ready for a change for my early morning before in-office short workout from ACE HIIT. I was feeling this dread factor and at first I thought it was just because the workout is hard, but when I started thinking of doing another workout, I became really excited again. What I landed on was Firm Express, Accelerate Cardio/Sculpt (this is the cycle with Rebekah) then the Firm Express add on Jump Start Your Metabolism, the 10 minute Pump It Up! with Jennifer Ray. The FE workouts are basically HIIT and the 10 minute PIU was especially hard, it was almost all "bursts" the 8 seconds on/12 seconds off high intensity exercises. I love these workouts! The two combined plus a mini rushed stretch on my own was 33 minutes thus fitting into my short timeframe. I'm likely to continue these in future weeks, my only concern is that my knees felt slightly stiff after because darn Pink/Firm Express Firms really like the lightning-fast exercises and directions changes which twerk the knees. Also it was slightly easier than the ACE HIIT because you just can't go very heavy on weights, but maybe that would change once I become more familiar with the workouts and can put more into it. I used 10# weights for my heavier set and that was pushing it.

Today: Walk outside then Caroline Epic Endgame Day 12 upper body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2U5...roJol&index=28) repeat from a few weeks ago. This one is a toughie! I feel like I very slightly tweaked my left shoulder, but hopefully it will feel better tomorrow.

Tomorrow, some combination of cardio, pilates, and that mobility workout I can't get enough of. Then Cathe Saturday and Pure Barre on Sunday.

Eventmom Sorry to hear about your frustrating day with the entitled students.

I also really like Keoni/Reps to the Rhythm!

Lucie Yes exercise is definitely my anchor when things get stormy!! That's certainly why I keep on even on days the I don't feel like it.

Thank you and the Cathe workouts are really tough! Haha the 10 mile run felt tough at the time, I was middle of the pack and felt good about it. I have no regrets about ducking out of the marathon though.

Buzzer waves!
Old 05-11-23, 06:31 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday - TA meta 2.9 day 1 + petra boot camp boogie chapter (16 min)
Today - TA meta 2.9 day 2 + 20 minutes of cardio

ebianco - The students have backed off, it's just frustrating when executive mba students get pissy about grades after not being engaged. I have learned to expect it from full time grad students but the having it both ways gets to me. Fortunately I've decided not to teach this course again. Keoni is great! and his cats crack me up.

hi lucie and buzzer!
Old 05-12-23, 10:08 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday everyone,

Today I walked outside then did another mishmash of youtube walking workouts (today was Bryan Syuki again, Courtney Anderson, Elini Fit) then Nicole pilates, I started with this cardio/ab workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jZV...xcNqL&index=14) did about half of it but then just wanted to do abs so did this 5 minute workout from her as well (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq7x...mxcNqL&index=9) which I really liked, then my stand by mobility workout from Nobadaddiction (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQTW...Xm_p&index=193) which I really REALLY like, for an overall 49 minute workout (plus the walking was about 37 minutes). It was warmer out today so I got more sweaty, and just feeling a little tired so I didn't go all out on anything but still had a good workout session.

Eventmom well I'm glad you're not teaching this class again! In fact, aren't you going to retire or did your plans change? Sorry if I missed it.

Buzzer and Lucie waves!
Old 05-12-23, 02:31 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

tried something different:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kthZ...EAmi78&index=3
then did ttapp walk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrlG...a_C47V&index=4

then did a stretch off the app I've got.

ebianco - well it's a bit confusing. I am retired, as of Jan. but I taught this course just as an adjunct - so I was paid to teach the course but had no other responsibilities. I only taught this course one other time and it was a huge effort. Usually 2nd time through a course is MUCH easier this was easier but still stressful. I am also teaching a course in the fall but it's a much more straightforward course. It got warm here too, well not that hot but steamy. more tornado season action last night (not too near us) but still.

hi buzzer and lucie!
Old 05-14-23, 09:38 PM  
lgk

Good evening, Ladies!
Hope everybody is doing well!

eventmom - I agree with you, it’s nice to just do a gentle, stretch - focused yoga practice. Have you seen new Erin of 5 parks yoga’s practices yet? I don’t know if I’ve ever seen Serenity Garden yoga on YT - some instructors are v strict & fight people who publish their workouts. I can see both sides honestly, but also I am grateful to people who posted old, out of print workouts on YT.

[B]Actually! [B] much as people complain about TA (& I disagree, I actually always disagree when people gleefully pile on an instructor just for the sake of slagging them off - it’s extremely disrespectful to people on the forum & whom they are meant to act respectful towards who happen to like the instructor. It’s appalling honestly seeing smb start a thread with nothing constructive, but just to gleefully bash an instructor). TA obviously has all kinds of paid platforms but she doesn’t fight a few of her workouts that are posted on YT. One won’t find all of her workouts on YT, but a few basic but full lengths unofficially posted one she doesn’t fight. I respect that, because it’s actually practicing what she preaches about making workouts accessible. I really went off of many instructors during the dreaded lockdowns - most people, including yoga & other fitness instructors were removing paywalls & making fitness accessible to all, but a few actually used it as a chance to raise prices or make everything paid or even worse, make products specifically to profit from collective crisis. TA was one of the instructors who allowed any full lengths workouts to be posted for free - she now allows only a few, but back then people were posting all of them & she wasn’t removing them. Erin of 5 parks yoga was doing all she could to help, she helped so many people. I know it was a few years ago, but for me it was a character litmus test. I always feel like it’s my time & my $, there are some things that in my opinion are so unethical, I can’t separate instructor from workout. I still wouldn’t start threads on GD just to bash instructors I don’t support

ebianco - totally agree. I mean, what is the point of regretting not training for something? It’s not like there was a time limit, if you ever feel like you want to be a marathoner, for whatever reason, you can just sign up for another one. I agree with you re Cathe, I only ever owned 1 of her workouts, and it was definitely not my rest day workout choice

hi buzzer!

I reached the workout goal I had for this week, thankfully, workouts done, plans put in place for next week.
Have a great evening, everybody!

Vous pouvez sortir Mademoiselle de Paris, mais vous ne pouvez pas sortir Paris de Mademoiselle.
The ball is round, a game lasts 90 minutes, everything else is pure theory. Off we go!

Passionate about Kundalini Yoga and Running.
Berlin Marathon - September 28, 2008.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-23, 12:58 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Sat: TA 2.9 day 3 + cardio just can't remember what
Sun: TA 2.9 day 4
Today: Classical Stretch for athletes

lucie - I looked at the new 5 parks but haven't done them but her stuff is so good! yeah with TA I've never had an issue with her workouts causing me trouble but here I was on an app that seemed all careful etc and I hurt my shoulder. TA is pretty careful about what gets out but she created and posted a free workout at the beginning of lockdown and she posted one this year. It's marketing for sure but that's okay. good job meeting your workout goal.

well everyone I bought a horse - I can't get his picture to load. He was a race horse, got hurt at a young age, rehabbed, but then covid closed the tracks. He ran this year but he's 7 so they are cutting the race string. He was super expensive as a 2 year old. I'm excited. He arrives tonight.

(OK I almost didn't link this but wth -
https://www.winstarfarm.com/750000-m...idlantic-sale/

this is him as 2 year old. I paid 0.333% of what he sold for at that time. )

waves buzzer and ebianco!

Last edited by eventmom; 05-15-23 at 12:59 PM. Reason: correct #
Old 05-15-23, 02:18 PM  
Buzzer

not sure when I last checked in, and not sure if I can list the workouts I've done! It was some Firms, and a few runs.

Thursday, the day we left, I did a run. I ran with the trainer for about 3 miles, mostly running the downhills at 4.5 mph (a new good pace for me! I was doing 4.0-4.1) and it felt great! I ran uphill, and it was good. I felt so good, and covered more ground than the trainer. We walked around a volcano crater on Easter Island. So cool! I love that I'm learning things I wouldn't have known, and seeing places I probably will never see! So cool. I did about 3 miles with him! My goal distance!!

Friday I lifted at the hotel gym. I did a pyramid for my entire upper body. I felt great! The kids were swimming... we met another friend family who are also in martial arts with us up there. LB hung out, swam, played games, and generally just had fun with them Thursday and Friday. She had to bow on Friday evening, so Friday evening I read a book in the hotel room while DH watched her. I loved that he did that! He spends so little time with her, and hasn't really seen her do martial arts much. So I was happy he went.

Saturday was the day of the big 5 mile run for the martial artists!! I ran with LB. I head heard it was on a track, however it was just an area of road in front of the hotel that was blocked off in a loop. It had a pretty good uphill one way, and a good downhill the other. I ran with LB and her friend (from the family we knew and met up there) and we walked the uphills and ran the downhills. It was fun! My watch said we went 3 miles. LB was not having fun, but I did. The friend didn't have a lot of fun either. We lived though! The kids were on the mat from 9:30 (the run was 8-9) until 1 when they broke for lunch. Then bowed on at 2, until 7 when the broke for dinner. Then from 8-11pm. They were on the mat so long! Not all of it was active, but it was still tiring. Sunday, after being up so late, LB was back on the mat at 7:45am until after graduation at noon. The graduating picture for the kids was adorable... they all looked like they were about to fall asleep. LB was the only one smiling! She will smile through any storm though. I love that kid.

So she graduated to low brown belt. Next, in 6 months, as long as she knows her stuff, she will graduate to conditional black!!!! That's so exciting. I know I will cry at her graduations from here on out. I almost cried at this one, at mostly kids that weren't mine! Seeing them run to their Mom and hug her after they got their belts. Ugh. I am going to ugly cry. I don't know how people keep themselves tear free.

It was tiring for LB, kinda relaxing for me. I kept up on meals for DH and LB, but mostly hung at the hotel room. I had a full kitchen so I was able to heat things up and cook. I walked into downtown Breckenridge on Saturday afternoon. It was nice but chilly. About 1/2 way through, when I was at the furthest end of the Main Street, it started pouring rain. I waited a bit, walking in shops, and finally decided I just had to go for it. I walked back. It was about 20 minutes in the pouring rain. There is a free shuttle but I would have had to sit there and wait for it, and I didn't know how often it came since it's off season. So I walked. The shuttle passed me once, when I was maybe 3 minutes from the hotel. So I guess it would have been 6 of one, half dozen of the other. RIGHT after I walked in the door in my hotel room, it started SNOWING. Big flakes and fast. So I feel fortunate to have made it back before the snow!! I spent the rest of the day cooking and reading. It was nice!

Sunday I took off from working out. LB had to bow on at 7:45am, and we went down at 9:45 for graduation. That lasted until noon. Then we were done! We went out for hamburgers at my FAVORITE restaurant in Breck, and we walked around the downtown. It was warm (not hot) and comfortable. I got some fuzzy pillows for my couch, and LB got a fuzzy rug for next to her bed. It was fun!

By the time we got home, it was raining again. All our plants were fine, we left them outside and they got rained on. So well watered! My fruit trees don't even have buds on them, it's been so cold and rainy they probably don't even know it's spring. Hopefully they'll be ok! Glad to be home, and LB has gone up a belt! So excited for her! I told her this is the first belt I really feel like they earned.

This morning I did Tough Tape. All weights, no abs. It was fun though. I used 12's as my heavy weight, and actually went down further in my squats and lunges. It was good. Good to be home too! Even though it's cold and rainy. Everything is green though!

Waves to everyone, I will have to do personals later
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-23, 02:33 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from last week:

Saturday: Cathe Step Boss PHA 3 which I think is the toughest of her three PHA workouts and it was really tough and fun. I matched her weights or attempted to go slightly heavier, but it was a lot of reps so I came to realize she was right on with her weights haha. Plus the abs add on and extended stretch for a 70 minute workout.

Sunday: Grow with Jo EDM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozBb...3Jz1Yt7ThMXm_p) then Pure Barre Focus Arms the warm up throughs seat, for about a 55 minute workout. I think Pure Barre Focus Arms may be the hardest of all the Focus workouts. She uses light weights for every section in some form, as an arm intensifier, and the exercises are just really tough. It is killer! I did it and it was an accomplishment. I definitely had to pause a few times.

Today-tomorrow planned rest days. I did go for about a 30 minute walk this morning and hope to also walk tomorrow morning.

Eventmom Wow that is a gorgeous horse congratulations!!

Buzzer welcome home and wow it's lucky that you just missed the snow before you got back to your hotel!!

Tough Tape is great! I like TT2 better but they are both tough LOL. Would be perfect if they had ab work at the end.

Lucie Haha yeah Cathe is very tough, her LITE series is the most doable but even those aren't exactly easy! She really does a terrific job on muscle burnout.
Old 05-16-23, 12:13 AM  
lgk

Good evening, Ladies!
Hope everybody is doing well.

Eventmom congratulations! So what happens now, he “moves in” - do horses need time to get used to a new home? Thank you for posting the picture, he is very beautiful. I remember believe it or not when you had your horse & DD was just getting a pony & just starting to ride. It was a year or 2 ago obviously hope the shoulder feels better! When it comes to shoulders, honestly, for me it’s never the workout as a primary cause, but usually if I went through something stressful, my shoulders get tense (one side more than the other) & then if I do a w/o they are out of alignment, so if can hurt after the w/o because shoulders were too tense to begin with & my form likely wasn’t great. I remember afterwards that I should have focused on my posture more. Hope your shoulder feels better soon!

ebianco your morning walks sound lovely! Re barre arms (or ballet arms) those can be the toughest arm workouts, ever. The instructor I work out with now has short body weight only arm workouts where after 7 minutes arms are on fire. I had Cathe’s pyramids, she is tough, but I knew what one was getting into whenever I did her workouts, I just didn’t quite connect with her - no shade in any way, just for me personally, prefer others. I also don’t like instructors who work abs in a way that makes one’s waist look thicker. Where do you walk usually? Honestly, sounds like such a lovely peaceful start of the day!

Buzzer your trip sounds great, that run sounds fantastic honestly.

So did the workouts, tired from yesterday because I packed everything that was left into yesterday’s morning w/o to make sure I reached all goals. New goal is better pacing among other things

Vous pouvez sortir Mademoiselle de Paris, mais vous ne pouvez pas sortir Paris de Mademoiselle.
The ball is round, a game lasts 90 minutes, everything else is pure theory. Off we go!

Passionate about Kundalini Yoga and Running.
Berlin Marathon - September 28, 2008.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wall pilates