Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-23, 02:40 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA Meta and everything else - Spring / Summer 2023

TA Meta and everything else - Spring / Summer 2023

We started out as a TA/Meta thread and some have moved to other types of workouts so all welcome. We post sometimes everyday sometimes less often.

So ALL WELCOME!
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-23, 02:42 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Hello
It's May so time for a new thread.

Today - TA Beginner as was posted to youtube via goop. Then Meta DC #1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuNZ...-74o_&index=26

so yep I'm back to TA. My weight went up a few years ago and I'm still stuck with most of it, we'll see if TA helps.

hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 05-04-23, 11:32 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from Sunday last week: I did a rebounding workout from Jump&Jacked on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6V...MXm_p&index=69) then Pure Barre Results Abs warm up through seat, which worked great because there was a bonus ab set after the planks at the beginning, plus a lot of focus on abs, so still felt total body. Made it easier not doing the entire thing and I was short on time. These are definitely harder than the Resistance series partly because they're longer (about 60+ minute vs. 45 or so for the Resistance) so each chapter takes longer, which means more pulses/tucks of everything! But a lot of time I shorten the Results after the seat so I can still get in that 45 minute timeframe. I'm hoping to cycle through the entire series over the next few weeks.

Mon-Tues planned rest days

Yesterday-ACE HIIT Total Body again (LOL) before my in-office day, I was feeling a bit sluggish but I got through it and of course glad I did it.

Today-walk outside then Epic Endgame day 2 upper body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV3S...dex=31&t=2498s). I've been enjoying the Endgame upper body workouts so much I'm cycling through them again! The whole thing plus a stretch for a 48 minute workout.

Eventmom I was going to start a new thread the next time I was on (so today) and you beat me to it!! I was just thinking the last time I posted "wow it's definitely not winter anymore" LOL.

Buzzer That is some amazing wildlife you've encountered on your runs!! I have seen some interesting snakes, one time a huge snapping turtle that seemed to be totally asleep in the sun (out of the water) it was actually on the path to the side kind of covered by the tall grasses. It looked like a small dinosaur or an alligator LOL because it was huge several feet long. And birds too but no big animals besides deer which are everywhere.

Lucie WOW congratulations on your 100 mile run that is incredible!! And 50 miles as your favorite length, amazing!! My biggest race was a 10-miler back in 2008 and I did a few 10 and 5ks and that was it LOL. I signed up for a marathon once and backed out of it, gave my packet to someone else. I don't run anymore because I didn't want to fight with my knee pain and my knees feel so great now so it was a good choice for me. Anyway I'm in awe of your running accomplishments!
Old 05-04-23, 02:02 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA beg posted + christy taylor mission possible hi/lo

ebianco - great minds think alike! definitely time for a new thread. If I ever had any pure barre workouts I didn't keep them.

hi buzzer & lucie!
Old 05-06-23, 09:22 AM  
Buzzer

3 days off... done.
ran 2.77 miles with my trainer, repeating the run I did 4 days ago... DONE

I am not excited about either!! The 3 days off was needed. I was feeling so achey. my calves hurt even when I gently rubbed them. I was fine moving, walking, doing daily life, however rubbing my calves hurt. My whole body kinda hurt, low grade sore. So not only did we have places to be early but also I was achey. After the 3 days off, I decided to run the run I did 4 days ago again. Last time I stopped the gentle inclines after 20 minutes because it was too much. This time, I gave it until 30 minutes It was still just too much. I just felt every step. I ached. My body hurts. Like I worked out too hard yesterday, but I didn't do any workout yesterday. I think I ran a bit further than I did on this run last time, I think I did 2.72 and today I did 2.77. So that's something. Not a lot, but something. I just feel kinda discouraged today after that. I walked some, and ran about 4.4 mph. Just blah.

We took a few days off and did a tour of an old house/museum, plus stopped at a chocolatier that opened a few months ago near us. The museum tour was so cool! So much to learn. The chocolatier was talking to us about how to make chocolate, and the 6 different crystals in chocolate. He said you heat it to get rid of the crystals, than add the crystals you want back in. He makes "butter crystals" and adds them back in. He was so fascinating! We talked to him for about 1/2 hour, of course bought chocolate, and he said he is interested in teaching classes for kids so I contacted my entrepreneur friend who has the homeschool "school" and she is going to talk to him. So amazing! Great day!

Yesterday LB had field day we had to be there early, so I didn't workout. It was hot. LB got second place in long jump (7'7"!), shot-put (which was my blue ribbon specialty when I was a kid. I loved it!) she threw it 15'5"! She also got second in the bean bag toss, 3rd in the sack race, and 6th in the .8 mile run. She did really well!!! I was very impressed with her

It was hot and we both got sunburnt. Fun though! We have a few more days of activities, then we have some rest days before we go for her big testing weekend. I'm nervous for her!

Eugene's tail is getting much better. He is lifting it all the way up where it is supposed to be finally, and he is acting better. Poor dog. So much drama for him!

Eventmom: thanks for starting a new thread!! I don't even notice the name, and just click on the check in. I'm glad you and Ebianco are around to see these details and keep us on track!

Sadly, a somewhat quick checkin today. We have the plumber here for the garage bathroom, and LB and I have to work on her martial arts stuff before we go to the homeschool market at 12:30. Another big day. ugh. I need about 3 weeks of quiet and rest!!

Hi Lucie!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-23, 04:16 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA the one posted every day + cardio! DC 1.1, Gina B Power walk (25 min) , DC 1.1.
tomorrow is stretch day.

buzzer - yeah on the plumber! hope the martial arts stuff went well.

waves ebianco and lucie!
Old 05-08-23, 06:39 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Volume.... something. The one with Susan and Kai... DONE!

I kinda like this workout. I like the workout, Kai kinda annoys me. She seems nice enough, but I always kinda feel like she's showing off and not herself. I did the workout though, and enjoyed it! I went a bit deeper into the squats. I'm not sure it was my best choice, however I did it and I'll see if it affects my run today. I used 12's as my heavy weight. It felt great! I got an amazing night of sleep Saturday night. I went to bed at 11, so very late for me, and slept until 8am!!! I'm sure it helped me recover. I need to let my body regenerate.

Today is a run/hike, so hopefully it's good! I didn't sleep as well last night, I forgot to take my magnesium and zzzquil. I thought of it as I fell asleep and thought "I'll be ok. Let's see if it really is helping" well, I woke up at 3:45am. So yeah, I think it helps me. LB has to be at a training for Martial Arts at 7pm this evening, hopefully I stay awake for it and and the drive home. It's 45 minutes away, so we won't be home until about 9 tonight. Maybe I can bribe DH into taking her. HAHAHA!! I crack me up!!

Yesterday we had a birthday party to go to, then LB went to a kids activity place with laser tag, bowling, billiards... so I finished moving into the 99% finished laundry/pantry area, and started getting rid of the construction dust all over the kitchen and into the living room. I went through so many swiffer mop pads! It's gross. But it's looking better finally!

Eventmom: So far her martial arts stuff is going well. The big test is this weekend! She is gonna be tired, but this time next week she will be through it. I waver between "she's got this" and "she's gonna crash and cry". I hope the more positive me is the correct one!!

Hi Ebianco and Lucie!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-23, 02:09 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from last week,

Friday: Youtube mix of walking and dancey cardio from different channels then a Move with Nicole pilates core workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4GukOvkeQQ) then the same Nobadaddiction mobility I keep repeating I love it! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQTW...Xm_p&index=195) for an overall 56 minute workout. I liked this Nicole workout but felt the first one of hers I did even more than this one. I love her slow controlled exercises!

Saturday: Cathe Hardcore Series Muscle Max which was about 70 minutes. Definitely a winner the music was pretty good and wow what a burnout for each muscle group. There wasn't as much time dedicated to the lower body but what she did do was really effective. definitely going to continue to do Cathes on Saturdays! Also the STS2 should ship soon, I preordered back when I was a little more spendy (I've tightened up since then probably wouldn't have preordered today, BUT so thrilled to have three total body DVDs coming plus all the stretch/mobililty definitely going to get tons of use out of it-it really does seem like an excellent value!)

Sunday: More Youtube walking/dance cardio workouts from different instructors, I'm doing a lot of jumping around channels, 5 minutes here then there to see what I like, there's just SO MUCH CONTENT! Then Pure Barre Focus Legs since the Cathe was more for upper body on Saturday, warm up through seat and a bonus inner thigh set before the abs. Then Callanetics for a 90 minute workout! I was wondering how I was able to breeze through this workout and realized it's because I ate 2 slices of cake at my nephew's birthday party the day before, so I basically carb loaded LOL It definitely made me power through the workout!

Today-tomorrow planned rest days

Eventmom I really enjoy Gina B! She and growwithjo are my favorites but I've been circulating to see what else is out there. I've been trying out Bryan Syuki, he has some interesting techno music and is easy to follow, Eleni Fit and Olivia Lawson but I haven't done enough to see how they're different, Ingrid Kick-she seems a little more intense, but only basing that on one I tried so far.

Buzzer Firm Volume 4! I really like that one. Shorter but sweet, really like the abs at the end. I like Kai's step cardio more than the floor cardio.

I am glad you're still enjoying the zquill!! I have been taking it every night recently too and it's really helping.

The chocolatier visit sounds like it was both informative and delicious!! I absolutely love chocolate, and the crystals when I eat that kind!

Lucie waves!
Old 05-08-23, 04:47 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yoga in the garden of serenity

then I spent the day dealing with stuff from this class that I'm sick of - like a file from a student that will not open and mba students whining that their project grade was unfair. It wasn't they sucked. I'm no longer serene.

buzzer - congrats on the laundry/ pantry progress. sounds like you really hit it hard. I'm sure LB will be great. and yep that's volume 4 time crunch I think.

ebianco - the mobility workout looks good but I'm off downdogs and one arm lifts for a LONG time.

oh crap I just reread the chocolate stuff, so now I'm off to eat some chocolate.

hi Lucie!
Old 05-08-23, 05:55 PM  
lgk

Good afternoon, Ladies!
Hope everybody is doing well!

I missed checking in so much, honestly fitness in general & this place here VF is such a “safe space” as they say now, but generally is such a respite from everything. Exercise sometimes is like an anchor when things get stormy, & I swear, sometimes checking in with workouts brings back peaceful joyful lively memories so even talking about workouts can be uplifting, especially with you here, you are so lovely, thank you so much for welcoming me into the check in!

eventmom - I hope you enjoyed YITGOS - talk about peaceful. I don’t know if I still have that DVD, but I can hear her say “tiny, tiny circles” - the neck stretches from that DVD were forever my favorite. Thank you for starting a new thread. Come back to serenity, to heck with them ungrateful lazy bums. 0h good, chocolate is back on!

buzzer - so glad you got some rest! Some days workouts are just kind of like that, you know? It’s good you caught up on sleep over the weekend, hope you start to sleep well every night! You know what has lots of magnesium? Are you still on Easter Island or did you move on over to New Caledonia by now?

ebianco - well done with your Cathe workouts, they are tough, & honestly, a 10 mile run is no small feat! Honestly, when it comes to long distance running, it’s almost like one can’t not do it. It was fashionable to do marathons at one point & I met people who really had no reason to do a long race but felt pressured to or something - & there’s no reason to. Marathon training is also a huge time commitment & just overall has a large impact on one’s lifestyle.

Thank you so much for the kind words about my running, Ladies.
I am going to go Re-read all the chocolate stuff so I can be peer pressured into taking part too
I have been doing my workouts too, one of those days I’ll actually post them, I am shy.

Have a great evening!

Vous pouvez sortir Mademoiselle de Paris, mais vous ne pouvez pas sortir Paris de Mademoiselle.
The ball is round, a game lasts 90 minutes, everything else is pure theory. Off we go!

Passionate about Kundalini Yoga and Running.
Berlin Marathon - September 28, 2008.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wall pilates