Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-23, 04:22 AM  
Helen

Friday night - DH due home in about 45min.

So annoying that the VF search function doesn't work! I know there's a thread with around a dozen different "podcasts" for couch to 5k mp3 soundtracks that guide you through, and descriptions of the kind, whether the music changes between the walk & run sections, and whether the music pace works for each section; and if the person talks a bit, a lot, or not at all. I put all the links in the post.

>> FOUND IT WITH A GOOGLE SEARCH <<

I've downloaded them all, and have in iTunes to go to music playlists on phone.

Did I see BEGINNER TRAMPOLINE CHALLENGE?!?!

Since Monday, with Kathryn, have done nothing but get Alice out for evening walks; and work.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-23, 08:15 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

checking in with

NOTHING.

But stopping by to get back in the groove?

Let me get the embarrassing check in out of the way:

5/23/2023: rest day
5/24/2023: rest day
5/25/2023: rest day

There! That's over with. I cannot have a 4th day in a row. So I'll do something today.

Helen: Thanks for the list. I skimmed it, but did not see the beginner trampoline one. I'll go back. You're ahhhmazing in your searches and all you share. So thank you!!!

Lili: I know that Peloton will lose a lot of customers by upping the price of the app. It's (truly) been a steal for the app users though. The content for $12.99 was crazy!!! (Says the gal who has to pay $44 a month and have the privelege of having bought the equipment to boot. ) Anyway .... I wish they would have raised it after the first year. It would have made more money for peloton. Doesn't matter when they would have raised it, there would be push back (Which I get -if I were an app user.) They had talked of the tier structure for a very long time. I am just thrilled that I FINALLY have access to all the row workouts!! Which I haven't tried yet, but will. Even when I had just the hydrow app and not the equipment, I paid $20 a month for that. (and now that's over $40 ... yikes). . . . Then again, with all the competition and all the other available apps, I'm sure people will leave. I know you enjoy it, but I also get why you wouldn't want to pay double the price for what you're getting now. I also know many people who bought the equipment, gave up the subscription with the equipment and went down to the app. to save money. So I know they are not happy either. It's an ever evolving world with electronics, subscriptions. etc. I'm not sure which is worse: the exercise world or the cable tv networks, etc. . . hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Had I known 20 years ago that all the Spinervals would be on youtube (along with all the other workout videos out there) ... would I have saved my $$? Probably not ..... But holy cow .....The money I've spent on videos. That are now available for free. Mind boggling. . . . . I think it's awesome that we have all the 9 million choices we have!!!! That's one plus.

Anyway ... Hoping that the new row workouts on Peloton get me motivated to move. I even have a badge on Hydrow that (don't fall over). . I don't care if I get or not. No mojo whatsoever.

There is a new Power zone challenge beginning in June that I am thinking I should probably sign up for. It would at least give me a schedule. Maybe give me some motivation. Maybe get me out of this slump. :: sigh :: we'll see.

Ok, gotta run. It's my holiday weekend and I must get some stuff done.
Waves to all!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-23, 09:56 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Just jumping in to post about the beginner trampoline challenge. It's on YouTube from Michelle Briehler. I like them, but as she progresses, you aren't really jumping more, just adding other things. I'm okay with that, but was not aware when I started. She has a lot of other content that I haven't tried yet.

Too many choices, not enough time!

And Cleda, I do think Peloton was not charging enough for the amount of content, but it would be a lot easier to take if they raised it by a few dollars each year, like Netflix does. For me, I don't think I use it enough to justify the cost. Right now I'm trying more of their content to see if I would use it more. Time will tell. I did like that they gave you a slight discount to pay for the year, so I'm paid up for a while.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-23, 10:39 PM  
Vantreesta

I didn't intend to be absent all week! I've had stuff going on to keep me busy. I did do some gentle workouts earlier in the week but nothing Thu-today.

Today I spent a lot of time working on a June workout schedule using the new STS 2.0 program Cathe released. I am so excited to start once things go back to routine! I will be restarting the Murph training calendar, getting back to running, and including a kettlebell paper program with it. Planning to do Murph on July 3. I was going to do it on the 4th but since hubby will be off work I figured I want to spend the day with him.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 07:11 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliMagill View Post
Just jumping in to post about the beginner trampoline challenge. It's on YouTube from Michelle Briehler. I like them, but as she progresses, you aren't really jumping more, just adding other things. I'm okay with that, but was not aware when I started. She has a lot of other content that I haven't tried yet.

Too many choices, not enough time!
Soooooooooooooo true. I just looked up Michelle Briehler. I don't think I've ever seen/done any of her workouts. Something to put on my "watch later" list. (as if I'll do it?) not sure! lol. Thanks for sharing.

5/26/2023: Pickleball for 2 hours, row 20 mins., Cool down row for 5 mins.

5/27/2023: rest day

Hoping today won't be a rest day.

The rows I did were Peloton rows. I am thrilled that they are on the app. So I get to experience some different rows. On the fence about them, but I have time to explore!

Gotta run.
Waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 07:40 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I just dug deeper into the VF link you posted, I didn't realize you had such an extensive list with excellent descriptions of all the C25k programs! Thank you for that!
Cleda - I had never heard of Michelle before, but I like her. Definitely worth a try.
Vantreesta - Sounds like you have a great plan for June. My problem, I come up with a plan, miss a day or two, then never really get back to it. But I definitely waste less time deciding what to do each day if I do have a plan.

5/26 - dog walk
Beginner Gold Lower Body Tone Up 1, GHU
2,000 Step Walking Workout, GHU
5/27 - 5 mile hike

I had my first day of volunteering at the local bird rescue feeding baby birds yesterday. The shifts are 4 hours and I was exhausted by the time I got home! I'm not used to standing for 4 hours straight, plus being nervous about my first time (I did have hands on training on Monday), plus the bending over and into the cages. I hope it gets easier the more I do it, but I did enjoy it.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 03:27 AM  
Helen

Shall do new thread shortly!!!
Sorry for the delay- still exam/marking/reports time

June Thread

That was a challenge to do on the phone!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote