Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-23, 10:14 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Vantreesta - Thanks for the input on Jill Millers Hip Helpers. I pulled it back out of the Goodwill pile. I had thought about just doing part of it, but was lazy and didn't feel like spending the time.
I used to be a huge Phillies fan back in the 70's & 80's. Once they went on strike, don't remember when, I got annoyed with them and lost my love. We do still go to the minor league games here. It's fun to watch and I love supporting these young players.
Cleda - You've had some epic workout days, so don't get down on yourself.
I'll have to look for the Bruce workouts on Peloton. We have tickets to see Bruce later this summer. I've never seen him, really looking forward to it.
Waves to Helen!

5/19 - dog walk
Hike, 3.84 miles
5/20 - dog walk
5000 Steps Workout w/ Olivia Lawson
Yoga with Bird, 10 Minute Yoga for Beginners
5/21 - Week 2 Day 1 of C25K (decided to skip week 1), 31 min., 2.16 miles
This felt just right for me today. Unfortunately, I have to pay after this session, so I'm off to find a free app.
There should be a dog walk and some gardening later.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-23, 10:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Lili, the Zen Labs app is charging for the 5k now too??
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-23, 05:24 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Staying on track

Hoping to stay posting and on track. (It's a start!)

Lili: Ohhhh you are so lucky going to see Bruce. Here is my funny near Bruce experience:

Our work had a team building weekend in Asbury Park. We had a choice of the Stone Pony or another place that was doing an 80s evening. My Boss opted for the other place. Next night? It was cold, windy, etc. We opted for staying in and playing board games. We had walked the town(s) and took many pictures (including the Stone Pony) and were all pretty tired. Found out the NEXT day - Bruce had been at the Stone Pony that night and did a 2 (or was it 3 hour?) impromtu concert for all the people. We were (literally) 2 blocks away playing board games. :: shakes head :: that's probably as close as I'll ever get.

I do have his autobiography to read though. (My neighbor felt bad that we missed him and gave me one of her signed copies she had gotten from him.) She too, is a big fan.

anyway .... There you have it.

Waves to Helen & Vantreesta.
On to me, me and all me:

5/21/2023: Hydrow 20 mins. Body Weight exercises with Pete, 10 mins. Finding your Breath & stillness with Owen, Peloton - 20 mins. Christine Classical Ride, 30 mins. Cliff's Gospel Ride, Post ride stretch

Some days I enjoy Cliff's Gospel rides, sometimes not. Yesterday was a NOT. But I did like CDE's Classical ride. I need to just get on and do rides I like.

Gotta run. I have to get in some sort of workout before work.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-23, 12:30 PM  
Vantreesta

Lili, I found my breakdown of Hip Helpers, in case it helps you out in deciding what to do with it.

warmup-monk walks (3:40) and hip hikers (2:38)
**leg stretch series (7:37)
**pelvic primer (5:38)
upright knee to chest (1:56)
**asymmetrical forward bend (4:11)
downward knee to chest (3:01)
shin jive and butt lifts (3:38)
adductor slides (2:51)
half equal angle (3:10)
abductor lifts (2:08)
static abductor lifts (1:06)
moon rises (2:44)
eagle on back (2:22)
frog crawls (3:35)
cow face pose (4:22)
corpse pose (2:26)

It's been so long since I did it that I don't remember what all those mean though! I starred my favorite segments. Since I'm doing kind of a prehab/recovery week this week maybe I'll try to do some of it.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-22-23, 06:33 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Vantreesta - Thank you for the Hip Helpers breakdown! That's really helpful. As for the C25K, it appears that you get the first 4 workouts for free, then they want you to pay. Since I skipped to the 4th workout, that looks like all I can get for free. I'll keep looking, though. If I remember correctly, there was one with ads, so maybe that one is free? After a Google search, it seemed like all of them charge you at some point, so why do they come up as free?
Cleda - I love your Bruce story, but oh how sad!!! He was known for doing things like that, especially at the Stone Pony.
Waves to Helen!

5/22 - dog walk
Lift w/ Cee #18
10 Min Boy Bands Dance/Walk getfitwithrick
20 Min Fast Walk w/ Leslie

Old 05-22-23, 07:19 PM  
Vantreesta

Lili, that's a good question! I'm disappointed that Zen Labs is charging for the 5k now though when what I saw only said the 10k (plus the ones they were already charging for). I think Just Run that I'm using now truly is free for 5k and 10k. I sure hope so! I have finished week 3 with no issues. Glad the HH breakdown will be helpful!

Old 05-23-23, 02:08 AM  
Helen

drive by, sorry.... WAVES!! and I have read posts - Bruce, Hips breakdown, 'free' apps that really aren't....

Been a few days - haven't gone flat, just working flat out - Term 2 (exams = marking = reports to write). The past few weeks, hours have worked: 52, 55.5, 58!!, & 47.

The girls are BOTH moving house (have to leave the one they're in together as it's defence force housing & Cait's boyfriend broke it off.); and they want both DH & me to go down to help them move (to separate places this time), SOoooo I have to get everything done during this week to leave the weekend free.

Friday
Cathe - STS - Meso 2 - Week 1 - Legs
Saturday
Cathe - Step, Jump, & Pump - Step & Weights Mix
Sunday
Cathe - STS - Meso 2 - Week 1 - Back & Biceps
Monday
The Firm - Tough Tape 2

• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-23, 05:40 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

This and that

Now I'm afraid to boot up zen labs (have the app on the phone). Not that I use it that often, but for fear it won't be free any more?!? I am sure it's on 2 Ipods as well. I am tired of subscription and charges. But then again, there is a plethora of free content as well (Spinervals now on You tube comes to mind. was thinking about this a.m. when I was realizing I still have some in shrink wrap and now they are free?!/ Hmmm. . . Oh well, back in the 90s and 2000s? I enjoyed them and trained with them. ) But this subscription thing? For EVERYTHING ... drives me crazy.

Helen:
You are always crazy busy and you will get a break and it will slow down. I am happy to see you are taking time for yourself and still exercising. It is sooooooooooooooooo good.

Lili: My Asbury Park near run in was the November before Covid hit. So it wasn't *THAT* long ago. Although that whole lockdown, wild time is becoming a dull memory. Sort of. . . . It really is bizarre thinking back.

:: sigh ::

I am obviously looking back at life these days. . . .

5/22/2023: Ally Love's 20 mins. soft rock ride

I meant to do more when I got home from work (but it was 8 p.m. and I just didn't feel like it.) I used to keep focused, come home, do something. Row, whatever. But that's not been happening in a longgggggg time. Dh used to have a standing engagement on monday evenings as well and wasn't home till 10 pm. Now he doesn't do that, so it's different dynamics.

Anyway ... any movement is good movement.

Speaking of which - gotta run and get something in before work.
Waves to all!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-23, 10:21 AM  
Vantreesta

https://open.spotify.com/show/3ZyHWb...QheF1XwFTJMVVA

Lili, I just ran across this couch to 5k podcast on Spotify. I only listened to the trailer but it looks like it works like an app would and for free.

Old 05-25-23, 12:43 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Vantreesta - Thanks for the link, I'll have to try it! Unfortunately, my one knee has been hurting since I ran last Sunday. I have arthritis in both knees and was told 6 years ago that it was getting worse, and I should only run 1 day/week. This is different pain, though, so not sure what's going on. Once it gets better I'll try running again. I really like the prompts telling me when to walk and run.
Cleda - Everyone wants our money! I just got notice from Peloton that they are changing their rate structure for those of us with just the app. To stay at the same price, $12.99/month, I can only get 3 treadmill or bike workouts/month. Everything else is unlimited. To get what I currently have will be 24.99/month. The main thing I do with Peloton is treadmill with some bike rides. When my yearly membership is up I'll have to decide whether or not to keep it. Good to know that Spinnervals is free! I do have several of those on DVD, but they aren't as much fun as Peloton rides.
Helen - Good luck moving the girls. Your strength training will come in handy!

5/23 - 20 Min. Disney Ride, Leanne Hainsby
10 min. of GHU's Core Kickbox (got bored)
10 min. Rebounder w/o, Effective workouts on YT
5/24 - dog walk
Day 8 Beginner Trampoline Challenge
3000 Steps to 80's & 90's Hits, Gina B
dog walk
5/25 - 13 min. of GHU's Low Impact Burn (too much up and down stuff for me)
10 Min. Light Weight Arms w/ Hannah Frankson (trying more Peloton workouts to see if it's worth keeping)
I'll add more later as the day progresses.
a dog walk