Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-23, 03:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the good wishes! Not much to report here. Allergies kept me down all week. I did some low-key workout stuff on Monday and Tuesday and nothing since then. Because I was coughing a lot and not sleeping well I slept in the recliner all week so I didn't keep hubby awake. Thursday I had to decided if I thought I could still go to the Ren Fest this wknd in NE and unfortunately, I was still feeling so tired I figured I should stay home. I was rather irritated that by last night I was feeling quite well and could have gone! I wasn't even remotely sleepy and ended up finally going to bed at 2:30 AM. Oops. But it is what it is. Hubby went ahead and went and will be home soon. I'm hoping he had a good time even though he went alone. I think I'll just finish out the wknd taking it easy and jump back in to workouts on Monday. I don't think I will really need a ramp up time since I wasn't really sick sick but we'll see.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-23, 06:47 PM  
Helen

Drive by

Saturday
Cathe - XTrain - Supersets, with Kathryn AND CAIT (as a B'day / Mother's Day treat)

Fewer drive bys coming, as the have had the girls for the whole weekend, and both they and Tim are leaving TODAY (Monday) - girls back to Sydney, Tim to the farm. Shock going from full house to empty when I get home this afternoon.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-23, 06:14 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Happy belated birthday! Sorry to hear that everyone is leaving at once, that's a tough adjustment. We're here for you!
Vantreesta - Glad to hear you are feeling better, but sorry you missed the Ren Fest. Getting the extra rest was a good idea, even if you missed out.
Cleda - Hope you get your energy back soon. I have felt guilty lately about not doing any real workouts, but it sounds like I'm in good company!

5/13 - Rest day, with a short dog walk
5/14 - dog walk and a long gardening session

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-23, 12:23 PM  
Vantreesta

Happy belated birthday, Helen! That empty house thing, my dad really feels it when Cyric and I leave. Btwn my constant talking and our laughing along with Cyric barking at him to play, it gets pretty quiet!

Wednesday through Sunday I didn't do any type of exercise beyond dog walks. I can't say I got extra sleep but my body did get more downtime. My steps definitely reflected this. Sunday I could and should have gone to church but honestly I knew sitting there on Mother's Day with neither of our moms still living would just make me cry and I didn't want to. Crying at home is one thing but I didn't feel like doing it around people. So we just kind of kept busy with errands and then watching the Twins game in the afternoon and our shows in the evening. We splurged with large blizzards and I ate the last brownie from the freezer so way overdid it on sugar. After hubby went to bed I enjoyed the return of Fear the Walking Dead for the final season. I have been needing a zombie fix! Last night the Twins didn't start till 9:10 since they're in LA and the game ended up going 12 innings so I turned the TV off after it was over at 1 AM and recorded the post-game, which I haven't watched yet. Same game time tonight so I'm hoping for a different outcome with a Twins win in 9 innings! Anyway, yesterday was a great workout day finally!

Mon 5/15 177 minutes
10 minutes (from toe yoga)
53 minutes (from CVG Train Like a Hero Challenge 2023 Murph Training day 7 -go for a hike or long walk 3.17 mi)
8 minutes (from Criticalbench The BEST 5 Minute FOAM ROLLER Routine You'll Ever Do, YT) 1st time
12 minutes (from MovementLink -Just Move Upper Back Mobility Follow Along Routine (Thoracic Spine aka T-Spine), YT) 1st time
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT)
4 minutes (from C. Jordan Ankle Warm Up Series, YT) 1st time
16 minutes (from CVG Train Like a Hero Challenge 2023 Murph Training day 8 -"Medal of Honor")
00 minutes (from CVG Train Like a Hero Challenge 2023 Murph Training day 10 -mobility challenge) DONE!
16 minutes (from C. Jordan Foam Roller Hip Release for Pain Relief FOLLOW ALONG 10 Minutes, YT) 1st time
11 minutes (from M. Morrison Back Pain Relief Stretches 10-Min Yoga for Relaxation & Recovery, YT) 1st time
8 minutes (from J. de Groot Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 21-camel pose, YT) 1st time FINISHED A CHALLENGE!!!
26 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.73 mi) recorded longer AM walk above for CVG day 7

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-19-23, 03:33 AM  
Helen

Argh - should have known better when I came to computer with a screen full of post to copy the content in case it hadn't been posted - alas, I didn't, and it WAS a screenful!!

VANNIE
Thank you so much for the race report! I used to always enjoy them when Kyra did them (a long-time EDIM'er). Blisters though - hellish!

CLEDA
2.5 hours of pickleball isn't to be taken lightly! You'll bounce back... I can hear the bouncing approaching already.

LILI
You're ALWAYS in good company around here.

ME
Sunday Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 4 - Legs Meso 1 is finally finished - whew.
Monday sulked in silence apart from a late night dog walk (left a full house, came home to just Alice)
Tuesday Les Mills - Body Step 60 needed one that Alice could join me for on the end of a long pull-toy; poured rain all day/night
Wednesday Cathe - STS - Meso 2 - Week 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, back at it
Thursday Cathe - Low Impact Step/Total Body Sculpting - Lower Body Cardio Blast Mix

THANKYOU ALL for the birthday wishes. It was my 60th, so a landmark passed without reaching all those amazing goals I had hoped for (but didn't put in enough effort to achieve), so felt deflated about it, BUT on on Mother's Day (the day after Super Cuts that Cait did with Kathryn & me) gave me a boost, as Cait was so sore it physically showed (very stiff, easing into a chair), and was definitely not coping with the cardio factor during the workout either. Her "excuse" was that she normally does heavy-weight, 6-rep strength work and runs for cardio, so an endurance weights/cardio circuit took its toll. But... 60 versus 25, and she can fully run 5k and can do more pushups than I can.... I felt chuffed all day (and the next) and may have rubbed it in just a bit.

I do recall, in the "lost post" that when I hunted for a BitMoji to finish with, I found one to address Vannie's declared needs:

• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-23, 11:09 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - What a great BitMoji! Sounds like your workouts are back on track! And, you should be chuffed to make your daughter feel the pain from your workout! It also sets an awesome example for your girls.
Vantreesta - You are a serious Twins fan! I am so used to my early bedtime, that no matter how hard I try, I can't stay up to watch anything! I hate it when the Eagles play night games, I can usually only make it to halftime. I wrote down some of your YT workouts to try, especially the foam roller hip release.
Waves to Cleda!

5/15 - dog walk
1 Mile Walk & Talk on Motivation w/ Jessica Smith
Cardio Sweat 2000 Steps w/ getfitwithrick
3 in 1 Kegels plus push-ups
5/16 - dog walk
LwC #10
Day 7 Beginner Rebounding
5/17 - dog walk/rest day
5/18 - dog walk
30 Min. 90's Walk w/ Andy Speer, treadmill
Release from Jessica's Stretch & Relax

I had found a yoga DVD still in shrink wrap, Jill Miller Hip something, stuck it in and found out it was 58 minutes, and pulled it right back out. I don't think I will ever do an hour of yoga!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-23, 11:38 AM  
Vantreesta

Just a quickie to Lili for now. Jill's Hip Helpers is awesome! You can do just segments of it too, don't have to do it all in one shot. Give it another look! If you want links for any of the YT workouts let me know. I have so many playlists and can easily post the links for you.

Old 05-19-23, 12:32 PM  
Vantreesta

Helen, I love the bitmoji! Thanks! Please don't beat yourself up too much on not finishing the Cathe chrono by your 60th birthday. You have made significant effort toward it even if you got derailed sometimes! I know what the disappointment is like, though, believe me. But you're still working out and that's the most important part! What a nice feeling to be moving easily when Cait is moving like a zombie! (I actually have a CVG tank top that says I'm not a zombie, I'm just sore! )

Cleda, I've never played pickleball but I imagine it's a great workout! CVG just released some pickleball related shirts that made me think of you.

Lili, I seem to get more obsessed with baseball every year! My Twins and White Sox for sure but this year if I'm out walking and neither one is playing I will listen to any MLB games I can find and have also started listening to our triple A team! I would watch them but they're not on as often as they were a few years ago. If we still had the MLB channel I would still be turning the TV to that after Twins games to watch whoever is playing! In some ways I envy your earlier bedtime. I can only imagine you get more sleep than I do! I'm like Helen, give me nights and let me tune out the world in the morning for a while! That 1 AM bedtime is actually not unusual for me at all.

Here's the workouts so far this week. Bc of my anxiety spike I felt the mental need to take it down a notch on Wednesday and it was a nice change for that day. I know it would be better if I kept it simple with workouts instead of the laundry list of titles but I just want to fit so much in!

Tue 5/16 106 minutes
16 minutes (from 1.6 mi from Dark Horse Rowing -The PERFECT 10 Minute Rowing Workout, YT) 1st time
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
6 minutes (from C. Jordan Ankle and Foot Warm Up. Dance, Pilates, and Physical Therapy Sequence, YT)
9 minutes (from H. Clare Run Better With Yoga -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
9 minutes (from CVG Train Like a Hero Challenge 2023 Murph Training day 13 -run 1200 meters)
19 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 18 Gaze, YT) 1st time
36 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.44 mi)

Wed 5/17 90 minutes
26 minutes (from DeQuervain's tenosynovitis & elbow tendonitis exercises)
16 minutes (from S. Light 5 Best Tennis Elbow Exercises-Follow Along, YT)
48 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.18 mi)

Thu 5/18 131 minutes
5 minutes (from Feminine Fire BELLY DANCE when you get an AFTERNOON SLUMP!, YT) 1st time
19 minutes (from PT strength exercises level 1)
20 minutes (from C. Jordan Total Body Foam Roller Exercise Video. After Workout Massage Routine, YT)
12 minutes (from C. Donnelly Strong Knees stretching)
13 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -Yoga Stretch for Tension Release | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 18, YT) 1st time
20 minutes (from toe yoga/foot mobility)
42 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.65 mi)

Old 05-20-23, 03:15 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday morning I had a really nice visit with a neighbor I had never met and her friends. She was having a garage sale and called me over when Cyric and I were on our walk. It was nice to meet another neighbor and good to socialize Cyric some. We kept some distance, but most people are afraid of or uncomfortable around him bc of his issues so we don't get to visit with people often, but they were totally cool about it and he even laid down in the driveway and just chilled while we talked. Other than our walks the only exercise I did was the rest of day 13 of the Murph calendar, which was 6 minutes held at the bottom of a squat, and a couple short videos I ran across on YT for hands and feet. I should have traded computer time for the visit instead of giving up workout time and wasting time on the computer! I need to do more today.

Old 05-21-23, 09:22 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Better check in

I am getting a "database" error when I try and sign in through "new posts" but I am able to go to the forum and then sign in. SO, here I am. Will it post properly? Who knows. But I'll try! and have copied it, just in case. I would hate to report, have it lost, etc, etc.

Helen: I haven't bounced back yet, but I'm not losing hope. Which is why I keep coming back here.

Vantreesta: Nice to be thought of !!!!

Lili: Waves! (no mojo yet, but working on it).

I can't believe I haven't checked in in over a week. Ooops.

5/13/23: 20 mins. LIVE row with Dani, 45 mins. Power Zone ride with Denis, 30 mins. Bradley Rose Low Impact ride, 5 mins Post ride stretch

5/14/23: Rest day

5/15/2023: Hydrow 10 mins row, 30 mins. CDE Mother's Day Ride, 5 mins. cool down ride & post ride stretch

5/16/2023: Kettlebells 20 mins. (a workout routine from paper I wrote down from one of my Instagram accounts.) I need more strength in my life. Just because.

5/17/2023: REST DAY
5/18/2023: REST DAY

5/19/2023:
20 mins. Barre with Hannah Corbin (Started out to be upper body, but couldn't find the workout I wanted in Roku and time was running out before work)

5/20/2023: 45 mins. Bruce Sprinsteen ride w/Jenn Sherman, 10 mins. Bruce Sprinsteen cool dwon ride with Sam Yo, 20 mins. Lanebreak, 5 mins Post ride stretch, 20 mins. Upper Body Bruce Springseteen strength (in German) 15 mins. Pete D's Hips & back opening (toward a badge)

Obviously I had the Bruce Springsteen vibe going on. They were good. I enjoy Bruce. always have. Takes me back to younger years.

I've been enjoying reading (again) lately! I know I mentioned finally getting my library card to work. Well, I actually was able to download some e books, so I've been reading a lot. I have been lurking in the reading thread (I have gotten several great recommendations over the years from that group!) and reactivated my never used Goodreads account. I'm having fun. I forgot how much I LOVE to read.

Ok, gotta run and exercise.
Make it a great day and hopefully coming out of the dark ... (there's a song there). HOPEFULLY!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote