Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-05-23, 07:48 PM  
Helen

Drive by - really need to post ON the day I do things - had names of things wrong - easy to do when it was anything more than 3 days ago & I post in haste when at work.

Wednesday = brisk walk with school + dog walk after work
Thursday = Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 3 - Back & Triceps + dog walk
Friday = just a dog walk
Saturday morning now & have TWO sets of class school reports to write that I'm getting edgy about.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-23, 02:51 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I agree with posting day of, I forget something if I don't. Alternately, I need to go to the basement to retrieve my notebook and put it off until I've forgotten and another day goes by.
Vantreesta - Good luck on your race today! We're having beautiful weather, hope you are too.
Waves to Cleda!

5/4 - dog walk
Pelvic Floor Energizer, 6 min.
30 Min. 90's Walk (Peloton on treadmill)
10 Min. Chair Yoga, Denis Morton
5/5 - dog walk

Had lunch with my dear friend from childhood. It was an hour drive each way to meet her, and then we went to an art show where she had some works. It was a wonderful day and she is a very talented artist, but by the time I got home I just didn't feel like working out.

Today we have walked the dogs, then went to my granddaughter's lacrosse games. I still need to work out and do some gardening.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-23, 12:26 AM  
Helen

LILI
What a lovely reason not to do a workout.
VANNIE
May the pace be with you!
CLEDA
waving at you!

Saturday
Cathe - LITE - Metabolic Blast, with Kathryn
Sunday
Cathe - STS - Meo 1 - Week 3 - Legs early in the day
Cathe - Party Rockin' Step - Workout 1, with Kathryn

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 05-08-23, 11:01 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/6 - dog walk and 2 hours of gardening
5/7 - dog walk and 2 hours of gardening

Today my lower back is sore from too much gardening, but I managed to clean up some beds, plant the tomato, pepper and eggplant plants that we bought. I still have some flowers to get into pots, but I think I need a rest from that today. Maybe a real workout will happen?

Old 05-09-23, 02:12 AM  
Helen

drive by
Monday
Cathe - ICE - Cardio Leg Blast
good workout! Not too long (48min), hard bits but nothing totally killer & I matched weights with ease, noted to go 1/2 kg more next time

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 05-09-23, 11:58 AM  
Vantreesta

Sorry not to post back after the race. My allergies have been really bad since late last week so I haven't had much energy, plus we were at our friends' most of the day on Sunday playing D&D. Last night I had grief group and was just too tired after that to think enough to post. I'll try to come back later for personals.

So the race went pretty well. The first mile was fantastic; I only walked 15 seconds for a drink break, which was very surprising since I've been doing intervals and hadn't run more than 3 minutes straight since at least last fall. I was feeling good till about halfway through and then those 153 jump squats came back to haunt me. I was sore anyway but it wasn't bugging me too much running, till I started getting a little tired. So I was fighting through that pretty good until a hotspot on my right arch started getting worse and became a big blister. The last half mile especially was really rough and I'm so grateful there were two other runners going about my pace who helped me push through and keep running to the end. If not for them I probably would have finished limping over the finish line. I ended up getting there a little later than I should have and I missed on the website that the shorter distance runners were supposed to park at the clinic and shuttle over. I got to the race site 15 minutes before check in was supposed to end and the guy told me about the parking that the shuttles were running every 15 minutes. Argh. So I ended up just parking on the street bc I was afraid if I had to shuttle that I would be late. Little did I know, parking on the street meant I still had a .9 mile walk to get to the actual race start. Argh some more. I started walking it and then was so afraid I would be late that I ran about the last third of it. Had I gotten there when I should have none of it would have been a big deal. Anyway, running before the race was fine and I got there just in time, but walking that .9 mile back to my car afterward with a blister was not so much fun! But I made it back and the blister is doing much better. The course was a little longer than 5k, which they did say on the website. My Garmin said 3.32 miles. When I did this race several years ago it was a different route and I did it in 35 minutes, I think. So 40:15 seemed pretty reasonable for this one given the slightly farther distance and the body issues I was dealing with. Overall I was happy with it. I stretched and showered after I got home and then took a nap after lunch. Yesterday I was just too tired to think about Murph training so just did yoga.

Sat 5/6 105 minutes
40 minutes (from 3.32 mi for Maple Syrup Fun Run 5k)
00 minutes (from CVG Train Like a Hero Challenge 2023 Murph Training day 6 -run 800 m) more than covered by race
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
8 minutes (from J. de Groot Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 18-frog pose, YT) 1st time
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri Top 3 Pelvic Floor Stretches for Women and Men | Quick Release, YT)
5 minutes (from CVG Train Like a Hero Challenge 2023 Murph Training day 6 -accumulate 5 minutes at the bottom of a squat)
27 minutes (from 3 dog walks 1.77 mi)

Sun 5/7 24 minutes D&D DAY
REST DAY
24 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.58 mi)

Mon 5/8 73 minutes allergies are bad, tired & congested, keeping it easier today
21 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 17 Move, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -10 Minute Yoga Full Body Stretch | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 17, YT) 1st time
14 minutes (from J. de Groot Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 19-open wings pose, YT) 1st time
28 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.68 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-23, 04:48 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Vantreesta - Thanks for the race report! Despite the setbacks, you did great! You haven't been running that much leading up to the race, plus the extra mileage, plus the blister! Great job!
Waves to Cleda & Helen!

5/8 - dog walk
Cardio Ballet from Barre Fitness (one of Jessica's DVDs)
13 min. of Standing Poses from AM Yoga for Your Week (Rodney Yee)
I gave up early on this one, it was bothering my knees and I just didn't like it.
5/9 - 5.85 mile hike
dog walk
gardening
5/10 - dog walk
2+ hours of gardening (split into 2 sessions)
1 hour of mowing the lawn
5/11 - Lift w/ Cee #19
Cardio Sweat Walking, 16 min. (GetfitwithRick)
there will be a dog walk after dinner

Old 05-12-23, 03:07 AM  
Helen

Drive by

Tuesday
Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 4 - Chest, Shoulders, & Biceps
Wednesday
1 hour brisk walk with school
Thursday
Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 4 - Back & Triceps
Friday
Shaun - CIZE - Go For It, with Kathryn. Needed a milder one, as she's been off sick for a few days (flu).

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 05-13-23, 06:58 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/12 - gardening, gardening and gardening. I was so tired by the time I finished that I didn't even walk the dogs, although Baxter kept me company outside most of the day.

Old 05-13-23, 07:01 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Welp!!! I sure fell behind

Not much to report:

5/4/2023: REST DAY
5/5/2023: REST DAY
5/6/2023: REST DAY

5/7/2023: 20 mins. Live Life Fully Row, 20 mins. Broadway ride (CDE) 10 mins. Cool down ride, 5 mins. post ride stretch

5/8/2023: 20 mins. Broadway ride with Bradley, 10 ins. row with Aquil, 5 mins cool down row.

5/10/2023: REST DAY
5/11/2023: REST DAY
5/12/2023: REST DAY

5/13/2023:
Pickleball (2.5 hours)

That's it for now. . .
Waves to all!
Onward.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote