Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-02-23, 09:12 AM  
buffmama

Jasper's Cyberpump Chest, Shoulder + Tri giant sets. Everything was tired by the end and the w/u and c/d had great mobility work.

RE breakdowns: I've noticed it on other channels. Even some older workouts that I would have thought had them, don't seem to. It seems random at the moment, I haven't noticed a pattern.
Old 04-02-23, 05:09 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- M. Briehler- Standing Full Body HIIT- Compound Strength & Cardio. I worked in the yard today filling in some bare spots with grass seed so that + this workout was plenty for me today.

I have been worried about my oldest dog who is 16. He hasn't wanted food in the morning most of this past week which is UNHEARD of for this dog. I bought wet food for him thinking he wanted something different, but that didn't really help. Today he woke up and wanted to eat, and actually ate his dry kibble. He gobbled down his dinner, too! Yay! I know I don't have much time left with him, but I was getting really worried since he is so food motivated.
Old 04-03-23, 08:35 AM  
buffmama

I did Caroline Girvan's Unilateral Calisthenics today - 48 min FB (no wonder I got tired!). I started off thinking this isn't going to get the heart rate up, and changed my mind right after the supine ab work! Thankfully it was steady state cardio-wise. Lots of push ups - zero back work. I get it, but still wish it was addressed since there are ways to do it.

Wendy - I hope your fur baby is feeling more like himself. Buffboy thinks buff kitty is the spoiled one in the house. Oh well, I'm practicing for my grands.
Old 04-03-23, 05:21 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Sydney's Summertime Fine 3.0- Day 19- 40 Minute Upper Body Sculpt. There is a 3 minute bicep drop set near the end of this workout and she encourages you to go heavy, even if it is for just a few reps before dropping down. I was able to do 8 reps of bicep curls with my 25 lb dumbbells. Yay! I was dying with my 15's at the end of the 3 minutes, but I'm proud of how many 25 lb curls I could do!

My dog continues to eat his kibble so he must be feeling better! And our fur babies deserve to be spoiled!

Chris & Edi posted a workout today where only Edi does the workout. 30 minutes power glutes. She does some bulgarian lunges in this workout which they've never done in previous workouts. I'm excited to give this one a try!
Old 04-04-23, 08:08 AM  
buffmama

Maybe it was subliminal but today was Caroline Girvans Bulgarian Split Squats. I did a longer pilates workout and wanted something short and effective for legs. I.will.be.sore.

That Chris + Eli Glute Focused workout looks good! I will have to put a few of theirs together to work through. I can't even imagine doing a curl with 25s. Wow. Good job Wendy.

Erica + Angela - Your both in my thoughts.
Old 04-04-23, 05:24 PM  
wendug

I felt like doing a step workout today as it has been a while. I decided to try Kat Gates-Buettner- Basic (but not boring) Step. I've been subscribed to her channel forever but have never done one of her workouts. This was great for me as the moves were simple enough that I didn't trip over my feet, yet it wasn't boring. Great step workout!

buffmama- Ohh- that Caroline workout looks great! I love a good bulgarian lunge workout! I saw this workout of Caroline's, but I don't think I'm ready for an entire 45 min. workout of bulgarian lunges. I'll start with the 20 minute one you did! I'm sure that fried your legs after a longer pilates workout.
Old 04-05-23, 08:18 AM  
buffmama

Today was Tiff & Dan Day 41 6 Week Shred II: Compound Upper Body - 37 min. I liked the workout but Dan used the same weight for all the exercises and went pretty fast. I was much slower and kept changing my weight depending on the exercise. I didn't want to do V ups since I overdid something the other day and did windmills instead - that's always a good one.

Wendy - I'm not sure I want to think about 45 min of Bulgarians!
Old 04-05-23, 05:17 PM  
wendug

The step workout I did yesterday made my calves sore today! So for today's workout I did- M. Briehler- Low Impact Yoga HIIT. I feel a bit stretched out now and worked up a sweat in this workout. She had a burpee in this workout that is combined with the chair pose. Interesting!

I have noticed that Dan rarely changes up his weights. He can go pretty fast on some moves. I also change up my weights depending on the exercise.
Old 04-06-23, 08:19 AM  
buffmama

Tiff & Dan Shred II Day 39 30 min DB Leg Pyramid. Oh my. I thought this was really good. I am toast and yet it was very approachable. When doing single leg work (static lunges, curtsy lunges) which is the harder side to hold the DB on? I followed Dan but was thinking it would be harder on the other (ipsilateral) side. I wisely followed his lead and didn't go too heavy. It was 20s throughout for me. Tomorrow is going to be an easier workout for sure. Off to look at Wendy's workout from yesterday.
Old 04-06-23, 07:50 PM  
wendug

Today was a self-care day. I decided to dye my hair. I quit dyeing it at the start of the pandemic. I have dark brown hair with gray hairs peeking out all over. It really isn't that much gray hair (maybe 10%), but their texture is wiry so they stick straight out. So I went back to my box dye. It seems dark to me right now, but it usually does right after dyeing it. After a few washes it will lighten up a little bit. But the gray is gone! I also did my nails, which is something I rarely do because I'm quite tough on my hands with making mosaics and doing yard work. I'm feeling good!

Later I'm making dough for english muffins. I watched a YT video on how to make them and decided I would give them a try. My dh loves english muffins, so he's happy. Fun fact- english muffin dough rises overnight, you press them out in the morning and do a quick second rise, and you then cook them on the stovetop.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts