Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-23, 05:13 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- Day 10- Lower Body Strength & conditioning. This workout has another intense AMRAP at the end. I was so glad when it was over! Also, there are feet elevated plank holds, which is a move I've never done. Every time I got into position my dog Gertie ran over to lick my face and shove her butt at me (she is part corgi, so yeah, she kept shoving her corgi butt at me). Annoying, but cute.

buffmama- That challenge sounds tough. But I'm not a runner so any running sounds tough to me. Lol. Add on strength circuits and I'd be toast!
Old 05-23-23, 07:46 AM  
buffmama

Hero 2 Day 1 - Time to work back up to heavier weights. Loved the w/u and c/d but yes they were short. Tried to work more on shoulder alignment with the bench giving more feedback than the floor.

3 X 10 inverted BW rows and elevated push ups with a band - I will work on form and volume and go to harder versions when appropriate
Old 05-23-23, 05:28 PM  
wendug

Laura Wells Fitness- Cardio Boxing & Core for Fat Loss. Laura is here on VF and I've done a couple of her workouts before. She teaches a pattern rather than drilling you with simple moves for a time period, which I love.

buffmama- Hope you like Hero 2!
Old 05-24-23, 07:58 AM  
buffmama

Hero Day 2 - Yup, that AMRAP got me - but was good! My weight was conservative throughout due to coming back from a break. Continued with the inverted rows and push ups.
Old 05-24-23, 05:36 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2 Day 11- Upper Body- Push & Pull Power. The Tabata at the end will have your triceps screaming! I was able to do the single arm push press with my 30s. Woo-hoo!

I added on Juice & Toya- 10 Minute Lightweight Dumbbell Workout. This was labelled as advanced HIIT, but it was not. I used several sets of weights, but they both stuck with one pair of light weights. I will look into their other workouts to see what else they have on YT.

buffmama- You are smart to start with conservative weights when coming back to lifting. You don't want to get hurt or end up with severe DOMS!
Old 05-25-23, 06:39 AM  
buffmama

fitness kk 20 min Intense Cardio + Weights. Similar to my weight workouts I will increase cardio time going forward but was happy with this. Did 5 sets of inverted rows and push ups - split up 4 and 1. Trying to get to my numbers and then work on variations.

I like Juice & Toya but their workouts are on the easier side. I can't looked at a workout of theirs and thought bad form or what are they doing? I like the look of Laura's boxing cardio - I just need to commit to the longer workout.
Old 05-25-23, 05:32 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- Day 12- Heroic Hamstrings & Godly Glutes. I was missing an AMRAP or Tabata in this one! So, I added on Caroline's 20 Minute HIIT Dumbbell Workout. This one was AWESOME as an add-on and got my heart rate up!

buffmama- Good to know Juice & Toya workouts are on the easier side. We all have days where we want something easier but still want to work out. I did like their instruction, form, and their professional looking videos.
Old 05-26-23, 07:30 AM  
buffmama

Hero 2 Day 3 Upper Body - I used my band for the walk out push ups and did inverted row hold for the prone supinated row hold. I thought this was a great workout. I then did some of my inverted rows with supinated grip. And I'm thinking about dec the strength of the band for push ups - or inc the reps.

I've had my Betabrand pants for a bit now and they do seem to pill. . They fit nicely and are better than what I had, but jeez maybe we can do even better.
Old 05-27-23, 07:04 AM  
buffmama

Hero 2 Day 4 Lower Body - I'm really liking the moves and combos. The hamstring marches were actually doable vs Caroline's marches on the floor. Yeah!
Old 05-27-23, 05:07 PM  
wendug

For something completely different, today I did Adrian Dixon Fitness- Aerobics Old Skool. So much fun! I forgot how great classic aerobics can be! He has quite a few workouts that would be referred to as "classic," and he's very personable. Big thumbs up! I'm also going to walk a client's dogs later tonight so I'll definitely get my steps in today.

buffmama- Yes, Jasper's hamstrings moves are much more accessible than Caroline's, yet still effective.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts