Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-14-23, 06:27 PM  
gigi

Tonight I did a Member Exclusive 30 minute speed walk with Get Fit with Rick. I've done it before. Now that I know it, my heart rate gets quite elevated and I'm almost jogging throughout a lot of it. I followed that up with Jasper's 15 Minute Full Body Stretch. My neck, especially the right side has been hurting and turns into a daily headache. I must start doing my neck exercises from physical therapy again. Jasper's warm ups, mobility, and focus on good form has practically healed my shoulder issue I used to have.
I plan to follow the Hero 2 schedule for this week with some kind of cardio on W.

I hope you guys have a great week!
Old 05-14-23, 06:32 PM  
wendug

Hero 2- Day 5- Impossible Pump Upper Body. I'm not a fan of reverse grip moves, but that is because I don't do them often. It's good to do moves that push you. I added on Nobadaddiction- 15 Minute Full body HIIT. . It was just okay, but it did get my heart rate up.

Angela- I love Jasper's stretching/mobility workouts. That's awesome that he has helped with your shoulder mobility!
Old 05-15-23, 05:35 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- Day 6- Lower Body and Core. This one had another awesome AMRAP. I added on BodyFit By Amy- 10 Minute Dumbbell Power Quick HIIT. This was an awesome add-on. I've heard of her before, but never done any of her workouts. I'll have to explore her channel to see what else she has to offer.

I'm finding I need to warm up more with Jasper's workouts. His mobility moves are great for what is going to be worked, but I just need a bit more before starting. Also, I add on more stretching after. But I know he is trying to keep the workouts short.
Old 05-17-23, 05:23 PM  
wendug

I missed a cardio workout yesterday because I woke up to a strange pain in my upper back/neck on the right side. I hate it when I injure myself while sleeping wrong! I did plant some flowers and took my dogs on a long walk, so I did get activity in yesterday.

Today was Jasper Hero 2- Day 7- Titanium Torso DB Workout. I was worried how I was going to feel as my upper back/neck was still a little off, but not like yesterday. Luckily once I got into it my issue felt a bit better. The first tabata, the crush grip lateral raise with the twist, was awesome for my core. I really felt it!
Old 05-17-23, 06:02 PM  
buffmama

Did some pilates this AM and Caroline Girvan's 10 min push ups with tips this evening. Angela - some of kk's stuff is easier than others. But she has mostly full body work which are easy to incorporate and power workouts which I like. When I start Hero 2 I will be re-reading all the comments to know what to expect.
Old 05-18-23, 05:40 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- Day 8-Lower Body DB Workout. I do not like doing deadlifts with one leg on the bench. I feel like I might tip forward so I just do B-Stance deadlifts, which works the one leg just fine. Jasper had a missed opportunity in this one- the horse stance hold. I did cross body punches while in the horse stance hold to get some added core work. Punches also distract from the pain from holding the horse stance.

I added on Caroline's 15 Minute Compound Leg Workout. That was a great finisher to Jasper's workout.
Old 05-19-23, 07:05 AM  
buffmama

Tiff & Dan 5 min Push Up Challenge - 20s work/20s rest. I actually liked Caroline's push up challenges better.
Old 05-20-23, 05:27 PM  
wendug

DC Fitt- Cardio Kickboxing & Strength. This is a good mix of cardio & compound weight work.
Old 05-21-23, 05:21 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- Day 9- Strong & Functional Upper body. I was able to go heavier on the supine grip rows. Also, I could do close grip push ups from my toes (for some, but had to drop to my knees- but it's progress! ) I think I need to buy a 40 lb. dumbbell for some moves- goblet squat, single arm row. Time to check prices online.
Old 05-21-23, 08:18 PM  
buffmama

Short standing pilates from YouTube and Caroline's 5 min push up workout. I'm considering a challenge that has 2x1 mile runs, 50 pull ups, 100 push ups and 150 squats. I would do circuits of the strength work sandwiched between the runs.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts