Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-05-15, 09:47 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
actually, the cosgrove/nrol crowd have been saying this for quite a while. That said, I haven't seen any videos follow it...yet
Yes, it was in NROLW.

This would be easy to do with Cathe's Workout Blender.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-15, 09:58 AM  
MARIKA

I did Cathes 30/30 Hiit followed by Cher's step workout! I love doing SS lately but I can't help thinking all the Hiit is what has my numbers sooo good and get scared to quit. Every time I gt blood work done the nurse & or Dr. always asks me what I do?
Old 09-05-15, 11:40 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I know that I have to be good and warm before doing fast intervals so I would find doing them first to be hard. Also is it a good idea to do Hiit or intervals every day?
Agree. I can't launch into intervals without a lengthy warmup. Even with Cardio Coach, which is more standard interval training that HiiT, I walk/jog for one or two songs on my playlist before starting Coach Sean's warmup.

I've always read that HiiT is a twice or at most three times a week workout, because you need to recover from that level of intensity.
Old 09-05-15, 11:50 AM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I did Cathes 30/30 Hiit followed by Cher's step workout! I love doing SS lately but I can't help thinking all the Hiit is what has my numbers sooo good and get scared to quit. Every time I gt blood work done the nurse & or Dr. always asks me what I do?
Double ditto for my blood glucose twice a day (I'm a Type 2 diabetic).

But I'm frail and have a bit of rheumatism.

Goldilocks finds a better match with lengthy intervals (which are bell-curve in intensity). I'm always pacing/choreographing my own stuff. Someday the science will drive the marketing, and meet me where I am.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-15, 05:19 PM  
Bebop

LOL. Remember, nothing will work unless you actually do it.

True, We vididiots have been exercising like this for years. Cathe called them intervals and blasts before Hiit.

Hiit is supposed to be when you train so hard you go anerobic. I think intervals aren't has hard. I prefer steady state but lately, all you can find is Hiit.

Personally, I mix it up and listen to my body. If I paid attention to every study that came out I'd be crazier than I already am.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-15, 06:47 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
Personally, I mix it up and listen to my body. If I paid attention to every study that came out I'd be crazier than I already am.
I gave up listening to studies a long time ago. I really believe everyone is different and you have to experiment to find out what works best for you.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 02:53 PM  
Ecossaise

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I gave up listening to studies a long time ago. I really believe everyone is different and you have to experiment to find out what works best for you.
I'm tempted to go back to HIIT because of all the claims, but I read recently that hypothyroidism can be triggered by too-intense (obviously varies by individual) workouts. I think they played a part in my diagnosis. Too much cortisol. Anyway, I'm back in the "normal" range for my thyroid and I've been doing pretty easy workouts for the last few years and I just started lifting again, so I'm nervous to add any more intensity at present.

Sorry that's a long story, but I totally agree that we all have to adapt to make things work the best for us.
Old 09-07-15, 11:39 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Well I tried that type of workout yesterday, and I found out that I could only go a few minutes after completing the Hiit. Just had no juice left to keep going. Maybe that means I need to work on getting more fit, not sure.
Old 09-08-15, 08:47 AM  
leigh1673

One of my friends (personal trainer and R.D.) designed a treadmill routine for me based on this same principle. I lost so much weight doing that 3-4x a week. NOW keep in mind this was 15 years ago, and I was in my mid 20s then and lost weight fairly easily.

But I'll have to tell her that she was ahead of the trend!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-15, 09:12 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

This was also discussed here before. http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=164582

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, fat loss, hiit, steady state cardio