Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-13, 06:52 AM  
enduranceron

Here's the one I've been using for the past few months:

Template
Monday - AM: Mobility WOD; MID: Run (Progression/Tempo); PM: Crossfit (21-15-9/Rds FT)/P90X (1 Rd)
Tuesday - AM: Foam Roller WOD; MID: Run (CrossFit Endurance: Drills & Intervals/Base Run); PM: Insanity/T-25
Wednesday - AM: Balance WOD; MID: Run (Base Run); PM: Barbell WOD/P90X (1 Rd)
Thursday - AM: PNF/Resistance Stretching; MID: Run (Fartlek); PM: Rip60
Friday - AM: Stretch; MID: Run (Hills/Repeats); PM: Crossfit (AMRAP)/P90X (1 Rd)
Saturday - Run (LSD)
Sunday - AM: Ride/Spinervals; PM: Yoga

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 07:52 AM  
pumptmuscle

I'm the kinda person whose day feels incomplete if it doesn't start with a workout so I usually workout every day. I may be in the best shape of my life now so my workouts are mostly advanced and run around 50 minutes to an hour a day.

I do a mix of kettlebell, med ball, sandbag, gliding, jump rope and rowing with some occasional cardio. I wear my weighted vest whenever I can, too. It's amazing how much more effective it makes any workout where you're using it.

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 07:53 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sue - Well, the good news on the weight loss front is that I lost 6 pounds while doing this program. The bad news is that it was the same 3 pounds twice. The bottom-line good news is that I was motivated enough by this rotation to get my eating under control and I feel like I'm in a good groove now. As far as other things, I feel stronger and I'm using heavier weights on the strength workouts than when I started. I feel like my cardio capacity has improved. I went shopping the other night to "shop ahead" for a cruise we're going on in December. It's hard to get summer clothes in December, so I bought clothes that I could get into but that were tight on the assumption that I will continue to lose weight. I got into the next full size down from where I had just gotten into when I started this program. So, I"m pretty happy. I think I'm going to do it again early next year.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 08:37 AM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
Walking--5 days a week, from my house to a Metro station and from the Metro station to my office; repeat at the end of the workday. This adds up to a bit more than 2 miles per day. Plus I walk for about 20 minutes during my lunch hour. Sometimes during the weekend my husband and I will go for a long walk.

Yoga--6 days a week. During the workweek I do yoga when I get home from work. My practices are about 30-45 minutes. It is rare that I choose a yoga practice that is longer than 45 minutes during the workweek. On the weekend, I choose a yoga practice that is longer--an hour or more.

I always take off one day per week.
I love this one. Nice and simple. You get cardio, strength and flexibility.
Old 08-12-13, 08:42 AM  
Gams

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday are cardio days. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday are strength training. Every day is supposed to include a minimum 1-mile walk with the dogs. I also work 7 days a week, though, so I usually miss one day during the week because I'm pooped out and can be found snoozing on the couch.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 08:42 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Bodyweight circuits (that will include sandbags, and a Ugi ball) and kettlebell circuits are my main strength workouts, especially during the summer months. About every six months I'll switch back to DVDs for strength work for about 6 weeks, then I'm back to doing strength work on my own.

Mondays-25-30 minute cardio, total body bodyweight circuit, finisher Zuzana workout
PM-Tracy Anderson muscular structure
Tuesdays-longer cardio, Tracy Anderson muscular structure
Wednesdays-25-30 minute cardio, total body kettlebell circuit, finisher Zuzana workout
PM-Tracy Anderson muscular structure
Thursdays-longer cardio, Tracy Anderson muscular structure
Fridays-25-30 minute cardio, total body kettlebell/bodyweight circuit, Tracy Anderson muscular structure
Saturdays-longer cardio TA or ART Method
Sundays-Zumba or an other dance workout
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 08:58 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Sue - Well, the good news on the weight loss front is that I lost 6 pounds while doing this program. The bad news is that it was the same 3 pounds twice.
Awesome!

thanks for the reply!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 09:09 AM  
Sandi M
VF Supporter

Since January:

MWF - 50-60 minute treadmill run (2 of them HIIT/1 steady state) and 15 minutes flexibility work
T - Strength and core (both high and low rep)
Th - Metabolic circuits and core

Sometimes, I substitute a cardio HIIT DVD workout for one of the treadmill days if I feel like doing something different.

I take several walks during the week, from 1-3 miles. We just got a young standard poodle, and that has added to the walking quite a bit.

Sandi
Sandi M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 10:13 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

As I've gotten older I've had to take things down a notch. Here's what I'm currently doing

M Intense cardio
T Easy cardio, walking outside or Leslie
W AWT or something similar
R Easy cardio again possibly with some Pilates
F Intense Cardio

Week 2 is the same except I do AWT style workouts on M & F and intense cardio on W.

On the weekends, I will sometimes experiment with new workouts and styles.

I will probably move into a heavier weight rotation later this year.
Old 08-12-13, 10:53 AM  
edensmom

There are some good plans here. I am definitely going to re-read this. When the kiddos go back to school I will be switching up my routine again.

In the a.m. I do 45 mins to an hour of cardio, usually on the elliptical.
Late morning or early afternoon most days I do a toning workout. The last 5 months I have been doing bodyweight or light to moderate weights. I alternate total body days with lower body. I work lower body every day. This works for my body type and with the weight range I am currently using. (When I do heavy weights I do a 4 day split.) I work out usually 6 days a week and the rest day is just whenever. If I don't get that second workout in, oh well. I have been kind of a cardio queen this summer.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, rotations, strength