Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-30-23, 10:19 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 8 Push (Strength) followed by Tamilee Sitting Stretch and my PT routine.

Shopping day, got a few items I’d been searching for – one was a vegetable steamer – mine had broken (earth shattering I know). Got a new belt but I’ll have to exchange it as I was only guessing on size and when I got home and tried it on with jeans it wasn’t right.

Anita, I wish I could send you some rain – it rained on and off all day today. I long to see that bright yellow disk Laura talked about. I hope new units sell quickly and you don’t have to move in the winter.

Laura, how lucky to see that big yellow disk in the sky. Glad Polly got to go outside. Yuck on going to the dentist, always a dreaded event in my life. But I’m glad you hadn’t actually lost a filling.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 08:01 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I’m going in for a haircut and stopping by Trader Joe’s afterwards. My neighbor’s tree in back should get trimmed today - it’s branches are in my electric and phone wires pretty badly so I’m getting the cutting done. Hopefully the utilities will show up to take down their wires. I’m pretty far scraping the paint off my shed in back - I’m kind of surprised how much paint comes up in big sheets! Hopefully I’ll finish that scraping today and can start painting this weekend or even tomorrow if lucky! I’ll do the entire front surface of the shed and hope to just do patch painting on the other walls. Then on to the garage…

Laura, hope the discomfort in your mouth doesn’t continue and they figure out what’s causing it! Good luck with the recipes! Do you have to come up with your own recipes instead of copying ones that work from other books? The sales of the units are 22 that I can count on their drawing - they need 36 sold for groundbreaking! They changed some units to larger ones, but I can’t tell on the diagram they are using on their website. I hope the units sell in the next month or so…

Paula, is your veggie steamer a unit on its own or a rack put in a pot? We’ve got lots of that yellow disk in the sky and it’s been getting very hot - we’ll be hitting 90 every day of the week - argh! Typically it’s 13 days over the entire year - we’ll be at 7 this week! And summer is just beginning!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 09:45 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout today was a neighborhood walk with DH, Pahla B Body Shaping Day 9 Stretch, and my PT routine.

Anita, a haircut always makes you feel good, at least for a few days. You’re making great progress on your home projects. The veggie steamer I bought is just one of those silver metal ones you stick in a pot. Most of the fancier ones are too big, they don’t fit flat in my pan. I use my steamer all the time, the old one literally fell apart. Send me some of that sunshine, we never saw it today, not even for a few minutes.
Old 06-01-23, 08:10 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on going to strength class today. I’ve been skipping walking because of the heat, but doing projects around the house instead. Yesterday I got a pile of things to donate to charity ready for a drop-off on Saturday. I slept in my basement yesterday for a cooler part of the house and that worked good. My neighbor’s tree got trimmed yesterday - yay! My electric and phone wires are now safely clear!

Paula, I’ve got one of those steamers also, but frankly haven’t used it in a long time. Guess lots of my veggies get microwaved in bags or trays instead of cooked. I did my TJ run yesterday, so my freezer is full!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 06-01-23, 04:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a busy couple of days. I've run errands and taken DH to medical appointments (which have generated more needs for care from me afterward) and taken the car in for work and made cards. I decided I wanted to make more cards easily, so I got out a really pretty paper pad titled Orchids and Cats. I'm enjoying using it.

We keep going between sunshine and clouds. We're supposed to have a sunny and warm weekend. The TV weather people are billing it as the Memorial Day weekend we SHOULD have had.

Paula - Have you seen that yellow disc in the sky yet? I hope your weekend is better.

Anita - I wish we could send some of our rain your way. My mouth feels fine now. I have no idea what was in my mouth that I thought was part of a filling, but everything seems fine now. It's weird. I'm not normally someone who dreams up physical issues. Here's hoping those units start selling quickly!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-23, 10:13 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 10 Cardio and Body Weight Strength, followed by Tamilee Floor Stretch and my PT routine.

High clouds today, so another dark and drizzly day. BUT it was sunny in the mountains so we flew to Big Bear. We had a nice walk in the sunshine and went to lunch.

Anita, I understand about staying inside when it’s too darn hot outside. When I was in high school we were living in a house without air conditioning. We’d take cots out into the back yard to sleep on the really hot nights because we just couldn’t sleep in the house. Fun to have the new paper to work with, like a new fun fabric for me.
Old 06-01-23, 10:15 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Laura, not sure why this didn't show up when I posted. I did see the sun today only because we flew up to the mountains and spent a few hours. Glad whatever was causing pain in your mouth is gone. Taking care of a sick and hurting spouse is a big job and an exhausting one. I take my hat off to you, I know you’ve been doing it for a long time.
Old 06-02-23, 06:31 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on going in to the WRC for a shift with bats and turtles today. I’ll follow that with a walk. Otherwise putzing - maybe more scraping of paint! Tonight I have to pick up friends from the airport.

Yesterday I finally recaulked a window in my shower! Yay! This is another of those intimidating projects here in the house! Is it perfect? NO! But it does the job! I’m glad I’m getting so many of these projects done - more scraping to be done on my shed!

Laura, I think your orchids and cats pad would have been of interest to me back in the day! I hope DH finally feels better and able to do things for himself soon! We got a little bit of rain last night - not much, but I’ll take any!

Paula, Nice that you’re able to get out of the rain and enjoy nice weather wherever you fly to! I think I’d donate a pint of blood if I slept outside! I’ve been sleeping in my basement and that’s been about ten degrees cooler than upstairs. I do have an AC, but I hope to make it through this heat wave without using it.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 06-02-23, 05:55 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a nice and sunny day here. I got a huge load of laundry done and a little bit of cooking. This afternoon, I took DH to his PT appointment this afternoon.

I finally finished that chapter with recipes. Yay! Now, I'm starting the last chapter or section. I'm getting close to finishing the first draft - although I still have a number of pieces to add around the text of the book (introduction, appendices, etc.). And I'll have tons of editing to do.

Polly gave me the time of day today! She has been mad at us every day in the past few days - usually because we wouldn't let her outside. It doesn't matter to her if it's raining or if there's another good reason for her not to go outside. Today she came to me so I could pet her and she really enjoyed it.

Anita - I didn't answer your question about the recipes yesterday. Some of them I created myself. The others were my versions of recipes where I made a lot of changes to the original to make it gluten-free and dairy-free and I cited the original recipe in a footnote. If I didn't change the original recipe much, I didn't use it. Are your friends staying with you or are you just providing a taxi service? Congrats on the recaulking! You are getting so much done.

Paula - It's nice you can fly to see the sun when it's not out. I'm sorry that is needed! And I hope the sun comes out this weekend! You are PAST due. Yeah, I've cared for DH for a long, long time. And he feels the need to go to WV to care for his mom when she gets home. Which means I'll be caring for him and he'll kill himself helping and crash when we get home. And that's even if he feels up to helping us pack up and get out of there. Yes, I'm a little stressed right now... Sorry.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-23, 08:50 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 11 Moderate Weights, Tamilee Sitting Stretch, a neighborhood walk with DH and my PT routine.

Anita, well done on getting the bathroom window rechaulked. Yes, we’re lucky to have the plane, I call it the magic carpet. As for getting eaten up by mosquitos back when we used to sleep in the back yard – this was inland California, no mosquitos, too dry. To have mosquitos you need a moist environment and standing water. The only standing water in that area are swimming pools which have chlorine.

Laura, congratulations on getting the initial draft of the book done. You’ve moved fast. I’m deeply impressed. Of course the editing will take just as long. But getting thoughts on paper so you have something to work with is, IMHO, the hardest part. No doubt you are stressed, you have a lot on your plate. Love your Polly stories, she’s a cat with personality.