Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-23, 05:22 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- Day 16- Hamstrings, Glutes, and Core. Well I've completed 4 weeks of this rotation. I thought it was only 6 weeks, but he stated in the intro that it is 8 weeks. Half-way!

I added on KCM- Build & Burn- Kettlebell Kickbox. I'm not a big fan of kettlebells, but I do like this workout. I used my 15 lb kb and got a great cardio workout.

buffmama- how many push ups & pull ups do you do in your rotation?
Old 06-02-23, 07:27 AM  
buffmama

Hero 2 Day 8 Lower - I did the hip thrusts and the SL DL with elevated rear foot - but I also prefer to use 1 DB for SL DL. Cross punches would have made sense in horse stance would would have distracted me from pushing my knees out - and I know I tend to decrease my depth if I do them.

Right now I'm doing sets to failure: 1 set of unbanded pull ups and push ups which are shorter (2 and 6 this AM) and then 2 sets banded (14, 24 and 11 and 22?). I repeat the banded sets in the evening. And I reserve the right to revert to easier options on race day. . But like any endurance training the work in the training not testing.
Old 06-03-23, 08:09 AM  
buffmama

40 min Ranger HIIT fitness kay_kay

Oh my! (That might actually need a few more !! . Wow. She has 3 burpee hitt workouts and I should probably be working at those too since burpees = squats and push ups. All have different work/rest periods: 40/15, 40/20, 30/10. I'm sure all are hard. And Caroline has 7 but I've done 3. Yikes. Nothing like a challenge.

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 06-03-23, 03:06 PM  
gigi

So, I kind of want to skip Hero II today and do one of the STS 2 Lower Body workouts instead. But I really want to say that I completed the 8 week program. I'm actually in week 5 so I would finish before I go to the beach and could start using some of the STS 2 workouts after I get back. I'm not sure what I'm going to end up doing today...
Old 06-03-23, 05:38 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- M. Briehler- Full Body HIIT- Power Hour. I was sweating so bad I had to wipe off my glasses a few times. I wish I could work out without wearing them, but my vision is awful!

buffmama- Oh that Ranger workout would have me gasping for air!

Angela- I'm starting week 5 of Hero 2 tomorrow. I totally get wanting to do something else in the middle of a rotation! Luckily with Hero 2 you can pick what kind of cardio or extra workout you want to add on so it isn't Jasper exclusively.
Old 06-03-23, 08:18 PM  
gigi

I stuck with Jasper and I'm glad that I did. I did Day 20 which is titled Booty Builder. I saw for myself a lot of the effort from the previous workouts come together in this one. I added one bonus move from STS 2 Bonus, the banded hip abductions. I liked working both sides at the same time so one side was not exhausted while "working" the other side. I actually felt no need to add on an extra workout. I'm finding that I'm more consistent if I don't burn myself out.

He got behind this week in his uploads so if I had been in school, I would have had to find something else. He is new and figuring things out but I will make sure that when school starts, if he does another program, that I will start it at least a week late.
Old 06-04-23, 08:09 AM  
buffmama

Hero Day 9 Upper - I definitely had to up weights. Not a fan of the rear delt rows - wasn't sure I was feeling it where I was supposed to. .

Wendy - The ranger workout absolutely had me gasping! I'm happy to see those burpee workouts are shorter.
Old 06-04-23, 05:32 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- Day 17- Upper Body. Some new moves for the second half of Hero 2. I was able to use 35 lb dumbbell for the single arm chest press in glute bridge. Using the bench for the tall plank row really challenges the core. Also, I love the bent over shoulder swimmers in the warm up. I did them again at the end of my workouts. Feels so good!

I added on Kaleigh Cohen's 15 Minute Total Upper Body- Fit for You Fifteen and that really burned my muscles out.
Old 06-04-23, 06:00 PM  
gigi

I just finished Cathe Live #447 Boom Boom Pow Kickbox and STS 2 Total Body Stretch. Both were great workouts. I start week 6 of Hero II tomorrow. I'm actually driving to school to help a friend move and to look at a classroom I may move into upstairs. It will have to be significantly larger for me to move because my classroom right now is in an ideal location for me and my students. I also have dinner plans so I'll be happy if I can fit in day 21 tomorrow. It will be a late night workout.

Wendy, I meant to comment about what you said. I do love that Hero II is only 4 days a week so I can do cardio, mobility, and other workouts.
Old 06-05-23, 08:24 AM  
buffmama

Hero 2 Day 10 Lower Body - 1.25 Bulgarians! Tough AMRAP. I'm pretty sure I have hip shift when squatting and need to work on that.

Angie - What do you teach?
Wendy - Thought of your glasses comment as I kept adjusting mine during the rangers/up-downs.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts