Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-23, 06:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

can a beginner/high beginner do 4x4 without being burned out?

i'm all about "reasonable, sustainable" workouts.

I have Paul's ASAP Sculpt and liked it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 06:30 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I think so, just use weights accordingly, if I remember properly, you do an exercise for a minute, so you could do it at your own speed, and there is a modifier, it is a great set. I did a rotation a while and really enjoyed it. The only wos I haven't try from that set are the bonus two shorter wos, the stretch and foam roller are good too.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 06:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
My dvds arrived today! Someone make sure to remind me when her Barlates sale is on. I've got one or two dvds I want
Mine arrived today!

And her sale on Barlates starts the 18th!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-23, 11:57 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Fatkat I hope you will still be able to see your child regularly.

The Les Mills don't seem to stay in there long. So some folks must think they are worth it. There were even some Les Mills that seemed to be core workouts that disappeared quickly!
I think the Les Mills is pricey, but worth it if you love the workouts.

Unfortunately, I probably will only see my daughter once or twice a year.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 08:18 AM  
Vantreesta

Fatkat, I'm sorry you won't get to see your daughter often. I know what that's like as my parents moved from here in MN to AZ in I think 2003. We were very close and thankfully we stayed that way with daily texts and I called my mom 3-5 times a week. Mom is gone now and Dad and I don't love talking on the phone but we still text regularly and are still very close. I hope you will have that same experience! But it is still hard only being physically present a couple times a year. Cherish those special times!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 11:58 AM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
can a beginner/high beginner do 4x4 without being burned out?

i'm all about "reasonable, sustainable" workouts.

I have Paul's ASAP Sculpt and liked it.
I love the Katami 4x4 program. It is very easy to modify. Modified moves are always demonstrated and you can always go lighter in weight. I was not able to follow the prescribed rotation because I felt like I was overtraining especially with workouts 5-8. I would add yoga or cardio in between.

Paul is such a great instructor, and I love the setup of the routines. This is a great price for the set. Almost makes me want to buy it again!
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mary's sale, total fitness dvd, total fitness dvds, total fitness sale